Planets

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

slugish

Re: Planets

Post by slugish »

I have read through this thread in it's entirety. (which was no small feat!) While I understand most of what has been stated, I am still a bit confused on the "current" state of planets. I realize there have been significant changes over the last year or so, and it is difficult to determine what is still there, and how it is different than perhaps it was previously.
  • What are all of the ways that planets can be accumulated? (Including all titles)
  • How often are planets added for playing or having accounts?
  • How does owning/playing multiple Maniaplanet titles play into this?
  • How often, and to what extent are planets removed or taxed?
  • Are servers and/or ladder servers still taxed?
  • If ladder servers are taxed, is it based solely on the planets in their account, or does it also include the ladder server deposits as well?
  • Will I be taxed personally for ladder servers I run? I have never had any planets in the accounts of any of my servers.
As I said, I realize that most of these questions have been answered, but I'm not sure how many of those answers are still valid.

Additionally: I really only play Shootmania: Elite. I occasionally play other SM gametypes, and I have purchased Valley, however Trackmania is something I will rarely play. I see/hear of Trackmania players with hundreds of thousands of planets. Is there a large discrepancy between the number of planets that can be earned in Shootmania vs. Trackmania?
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

here is a link for the basics of earning planets
http://wiki.maniaplanet.com/en/Planets

but we have to explain all the things for hosts, titles makers, taxes etc. And we also have to improve some parts (mostly for audience related ones, like hosts)
slugish

Post by slugish »

Thanks, I will check the wiki to see what is added.
crafttags1

Post by crafttags1 »

Amazing. :thumbsup:
GLADIATOR

Post by GLADIATOR »

Sorry for the n00b question but where do I find my planets and how can I use them?

Again sorry for the dumb questions. :oops:
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

You can see the amounts of planets you have near to the buddy menu chat icon on the top bar of maniaplanet. (a blue coin icon)

You can use planets to buy laddered (+50k) server accounts, buy tags for your profile (gold silver bronze), buy stuff on manialinks such as avatars, horns, carskins, maps, stickers for ingame painter, crosshairs (for shootmania) etc.
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
GLADIATOR

Post by GLADIATOR »

Thanks mate!
Fadden

Post by Fadden »

Hi,

I would understand how work the economical system : I noticed that each 1st of month I loose some planets (today 1384 for exemple). Why ?

I don't care a lot about planets but I would understand a little^^. And It seems that the wiki and the first post of this thred aren't right.
Hylis wrote:-Manialink between 1 and 5 per unique visitor per day (sophisticated computation)
doesn't work ?
Wiki wrote:The month billing
What is this ?

It should be good to have access to a statement of account with all the transactions on our account :D Because actually it's as our bank took our money without write any line anywhere... it seems quite opaque.

I konw this problem is not very important but it will give credibility to this system. ;)
Elle est où la poulette ?
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

:sucks:
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

About the month billing, this is a tax to avoid that your planets becomes meaningless units with a too big inflation. We would have to increase the prizes of ladder servers, buddy slots or other services that need planets to work if we didn't balance the ingame economy.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Maniaplanet”