Planets

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Planets

Post by Hylis »

I will describe a little here about the way to acquire and spend planets linked to Nadeo, beside everything you may do between players, like acquiring a car model or being a sponsor of a competition. I will also explain a little about how the system will be balanced and how players will also have a ranking in an economic ladder.

Most of the revenues are per title since it would otherwise promote players making only one title per account when more title would be available. And the most important is to keep in mind that all these numbers are subject to changes and that these are only examples.

Some revenues
-Daily connection 20 per title
-Monthly bonus of 20 per day in the month, per title (with or without connection)
-Solo 10 20 30 for bronze silver gold medals made with official mode, one time and per title if applicable
-Ladder 100 every 1000 points on your maximum ever per title if applicable
-Hosting around 10 per hour per player active on the server (sophisticated computation)
-Manialink between 1 and 5 per unique visitor per day (sophisticated computation)

Some expenses
-Transaction 10 planets for the buyer, but 3 for free per day and per title. Since the transaction are now without taxes, it is done to avoid too many transactions for our master servers.
-Solo 10 planets per official try, but 5 for free per day for a title. Again, it is done to reduce the load of the master servers and also to add a competitive feeling to the official try.
-Host Instead of making the host ranked only by number of players, we will create various level of hosting: 0, 10, 100, 1000 and maybe more planets per day. Server will then be sorted: 1/difficiculty 2/host rank 3/number of players. You can still host at 0 per day, no trouble about that. The goal is to enable a host that want to be more known and maybe offer other services than quantity of players to be able to be better ranked in the servers list. Or if a server wants more attention for some days, he can simply spend some planets to acquire it.
-Manialink around 100 planets per month to keep manialink booking of name, to avoid players booking too many. One will be given by title. There are now new rules about Manialink names to enable more availability. We still have to work on a sub-domain name system to make this rule more easy.
-Advertising ManiaPub will probably evolve with time. It is a key system to rule the visibility of other players creation, activity etc. More space should be available, like making an advertisement for a manialink about plug ins in the editor or a manialink that sells cars in the vehicule selection menu.

The economical balance and ranking
At the end of each month, we will apply a rule to stabilize the economy (we can easily say it is a good idea at the moment ^_^) This is how it should be done
1. Compute the total of all planets that are in circulation and divide it by the number of players and title
2. Compute how much we should remove from the system in order to make that number quite stable.
3. Compute how much each player have to contribute to the stability
4. Convert this number of planets into economical points for the player
5. Determine a ranking, per region and like the solo and ladder, of the accumulated economical points

Since you will receive the monthly bonus, it is likely that most of the players will only have more planets at the end of the month. It is however possible for players with a lot of planets to have to convert more planets into economical points than the bonus size.

Each player will receive a certain amount of Planets at start, per title. It is designed to have a median closer to the average and starting players already into the game.

I already said it before, but the planets are not an economical system, like capitalism, but a tool as old as the oldest communities on our planet designed to help communities to organise themselves. So, we also expect it to help the community to organise itself better, in each region, with each langage and without having Nadeo playing a too big part in the decision to put some community activities in front more than others. I would recommand to really take it as a game since this is why games are done: to enjoy having fun with extra-ordinary things and to also experiment and potentially learn from it.

Florent
Kimi3

Re: Planets

Post by Kimi3 »

I like this system. More interest for in-game money than United :)
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

Very good this system.
mangastef

Post by mangastef »

Cool :thumbsup:
ImageImage
_Junky

Post by _Junky »

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

I like how you can earn planets by hosting a server, and then use those planets to advertise for your server. I guess the "sophisticated computation" is designed to avoid abuse right ? (ie : I host my server and ask a bunch of friends to stay connected on the server all night long while sleeping in order to get planets in the morning)
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Kimi3 wrote:I like this system. More interest for in-game money than United :)
We had the time to observe since 5 years and the release of the last one.

and yes Junky, that's for that type of things ^_^
mangastef

Post by mangastef »

If I want to start CoppersMlllionsCup (CMC), oops the PlanetsMillionsCup (PMC) on TM ² I will have a lot of environment.
Sorry for my English, I use translator.
ImageImage
seeba

Post by seeba »

Or if a server wants more attention for some days, he can simply some planets to acquire it.
I think this sentence needs a verb ;)

Translating it into German atm ;)
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Fixed :thumbsup:
banjee

Post by banjee »

very cool idea. so planets are not only a currency but also like ladderpoints?

Return to “Maniaplanet”