Planets

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Rots
Translator
Translator

Re: Planets

Post by Rots »

I had that amount 2 years ago... I used it mainly for ranked server creation (80k each) but also tags, donations and buddy slots ^^ I also offered myself as sponsor for planets prizepool on special events and also donated on cups... I mean, i'd rather donate everything than let it disapear because of the economical balance. Now my manialink is down (not motivated to keep it up, also I have no host to support that traffic -lots of downloads- I had more than 1500 bookmarks) and I have 0 incomes and pay about 1k/month per registered manialink codes and tax gets like 5-10k each month...
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

PROTIP: Deposit planets as unused high ladder servers and you will NEVER lose them. :thumbsup:
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

domino54 wrote:PROTIP: Deposit planets as unused high ladder servers and you will NEVER lose them. :thumbsup:
meeeeeeeep
You will lose them too, you won't get all your planets back, if you remove your ladder. Saw this already on my old unused ladder server.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Mrmim, your expression is right when you say that you are going to have a % of your planets remaining in a given amount of time. However, it's not 100% & 1.5 years. It's more likely to be 50% in 2/3 years, unless there are some distortion in the economy that push it a little faster or slower. If Nadeo offers 10 millions planets to people tomorrow, it will reduce faster, since the economy will balance itself to counter the inflation. Like we already discussed, it's the same if you lose 50% of your planets or if all the price double.

The negative interest is probably, indeed, something related to what we have done. If you want the poor to have money to consume the goods that are created, you need to give them money because they don't have: that's what happen with credits, and since they have less and less money, the rates are going down and borrowing time higher and higher. So, if you give money to the poorest to consume, you will probably have to take the money from somewhere since it's unlikely that you will be able to continue to try to make money out of the poor that you are trying to give money for them to consume more ^_^

So, this money is likely to be taken from global inflation. The question is to know if the interest rates will be higher or lower than it. If the negative interest rates are now something new, it's also likely that it could happen and it will prevent the most rich people to stay the most rich people without doing anything. I am not surprised that we have messages from the rich people here, and I think that the Economical Points are a good balance for such a 'sacrifice' since it makes them the winners of the economical system. And I don't think it should stay only as 'winners' but it could be link to some noble status to be respected by others. To have or to be, that is the question.
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

Hylis wrote:[...]
So, this money is likely to be taken from global inflation. The question is to know if the interest rates will be higher or lower than it. If the negative interest rates are now something new, it's also likely that it could happen and it will prevent the most rich people to stay the most rich people without doing anything. I am not surprised that we have messages from the rich people here, and I think that the Economical Points are a good balance for such a 'sacrifice' since it makes them the winners of the economical system. And I don't think it should stay only as 'winners' but it could be link to some noble status to be respected by others. To have or to be, that is the question.
I try to be fair, but what is the meaning of "rich" with planets incl. "global inflation" ? What is the difference if someone has 5.000 Planets or 500.000 Planets? Is there a future thing which we don't know for the moment?^^
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

Yay! All the money to the poor! :lol: :clap:

I actually never thought about that the planets are also a currency which is effected by inflation and deflation.
But since I never really felt neither of both in ManiaPlanet (Could also be because I am always poor :P), I think Nadeo makes a good job with the taxes. :thumbsup:
The rich players and servers lose planets and the poor players and new players get those planets and send them in some way back to the rich players / servers.

If you are rich you lose a lot of planets because of the taxes. This makes you more poor, then you will lose less planets through the next taxes. This sounds like a working economy system for me. :1010
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
gugaruz

Post by gugaruz »

if you compare tmuf with the coppers you already see that they have tons of planets and the prices of cups increase constantly. i heard many players say that those people don't know what they should do with all the coppers, sooo that sounds like a "virtual inflation" :P

i think the moneysystem for tm2 sounds good and well considered. i personally have no problems with that impact since i haven't so much planets on my acc. a reason could be that i donate the planets into the server or for diverse tags :)

one thing that was discussed in this thread is the explenation of hylis, finally i know how the system works exactly and why nadeo choosed this way... and i got to know this interesting information some years after the release of mp :D
endbase

Post by endbase »

Bad system for people with high income off planets :thumbsup:

This is not real righteousness in my opinion !!

Return to “Maniaplanet”