Server Config Manager Discussion

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Server Config Manager Discussion

Post by gouxim »

Well hello there

Here you can give feedback and get support about the Server Config Manager. Please try to keep it short :thumbsup:
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Server Config Manager

Post by gouxim »

Reserved :)
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
Chaser

Re: Server Config Manager Discussion

Post by Chaser »

Hello
I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to remove the configurations of servers that I do not use on my range player or if it is necessary to address a moderator?
Thank you
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi Chaser,

You mean removing the ladder limits of your server?
If yes, you just have to close your server ;)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
viktorgoc

Post by viktorgoc »

Hi, hope this question is not too nooby but once you have created and tested a config, what do you do with it? Can you download the files and install them on your server or can you use them in any other way? :?
Thx
reaby

Post by reaby »

I can create and hide configs, but I can't seem to find a way to delete or rename config.
Symmetry

Post by Symmetry »

Hey!
I don't understand, is this a tool allowing us to create server on TM² Stadium? :D
Diamsword

Post by Diamsword »

How to let the server run 24/7 instead of just "testing" for 1 hour.
I don"t even know what "test" is for cause nothing is detailed. Idk what programs are etc.
And ffs i barely dont know how to win planets so when i will run out of them i wont be able to use a server ?

Your communication sucks.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Diamsword wrote: 04 May 2018, 11:38 How to let the server run 24/7 instead of just "testing" for 1 hour.
I don"t even know what "test" is for cause nothing is detailed. Idk what programs are etc.
And ffs i barely dont know how to win planets so when i will run out of them i wont be able to use a server ?

Your communication sucks.
The servers are for the programs, which are timed "mini-events" on the channels (the things you first see when you open Maniaplanet). You should see a channel as a TV station, and a program as a show on the TV station (the channel).

The server test feature only exists to test if your program server is properly configured, it's not meant to be a 24/7 dedicated server, it's only meant for the programs.

You only pay planets to start a test server, you don't have to pay any planets to keep a program running, Nadeo will schedule your programs for you. (Or you can ask them for specific times too, if you want.)

Also, for what it's worth, the programs page explains exactly what channels are and how they work, so saying "your communication sucks" and "Idk what programs are" doesn't make any sense to me, as you seem to already know that the servers are for programs.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Maniaplanet”