Review after 11 years Trackmania

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

adamkooo2

Re: Review after 11 years Trackmania

Post by adamkooo2 »

TMarc wrote: 03 Jul 2017, 22:33 I would wish a map specific setting for gravity, acceleration, maximum speed and others. But that's probably only something for MP5...
You can create a custom vehicle with custom parameters (acceleration, steering, gravity) and use it on maps you built now, in MP4 ;)
/\rkady
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

i7mean wrote: 03 Jul 2017, 14:30
Personally I enjoy much more dirt now than before in Valley. I don't see why so much shit on valley dirt now, it's a step forward imo. It had to be different than stadium, don't just expect a stadium dirt on every environment.
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Imo, ValleyCar on dirt behaves a lot better now, compared to MP3. It's easier to control it using keyboard, as well as a little analog stick touch doesn't make the car turn insanely fast.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

adamkooo2 wrote: 04 Jul 2017, 08:42 You can create a custom vehicle with custom parameters (acceleration, steering, gravity) and use it on maps you built now, in MP4 ;)
Really!? this sounds cool :thumbsup:
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

IMO the main problem in this game is that it has really big community, but nobody from TM crew listen them. You may write all your suggestions and complains, report any bugs and probability that there will be any improvement/fix is like 0.01%. Everything was written before, you're not first persons who complains about handling, about similarity of environments etc. But nobody cares!

I think main problem with car that is glued to the road is change control from immediate (TMU/TMS) pad oriented into slowed down (TMN/TM2) for KB players. Now game has no possibility to check if you turn too fast, because you just can't. So everyone should be happy - game is for KB players now and gives no advantage for gamepad players. But fact is that this created situation where envs are just boring. Even on lagoon with ALMOST immediate turn, that "almost" is slowed down and makes handling more difficult - both for gamepad and keyboard players.

Problem is also small car weight - sometimes this game is like flight simulator - after jump car flies for a looong time. What is more annoying - car, even from straight road, after jump leaning to the one side. Or turns unexpectedly in some cases - I even made a test map with straight road, few turbos and wooden loop on lagoon - car ALWAYS turns right itself on loop. Which makes an impression that control has no sense.

But as I said - you may complain and wait YEARS (literally) for any answer or reaction and you'll get nothing (or you'll get ban for not being polite, which means you're not writing only good things). If TM programmers will hear what people wants and not trying to be "we're always right" type persons, then this game may be much better.
TheBigMiike

Post by TheBigMiike »

Rots wrote: 04 Jul 2017, 11:29
i7mean wrote: 03 Jul 2017, 14:30
Personally I enjoy much more dirt now than before in Valley. I don't see why so much shit on valley dirt now, it's a step forward imo. It had to be different than stadium, don't just expect a stadium dirt on every environment.
Agree :1010
Image Image
Demented

Post by Demented »

Assuming that QM is still on the table my guess is that certain things (like the item and mesh editor) needed to be created and in working order to move forward with it. The ability to create items seems like a big necessity for something like QM to really be a full Quest creation tool. I'm hoping that's the case anyway. It would be nice to hear if QM is still a plan and maybe even get an idea of what it's intended structure and concept is.

Kinda seems like Cryo was the first hint we got of Shootmania so maybe it's still floating around somewhere waiting to be perfected. My guess is we'll see a new environment for SM next, but that's just a guess.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
novationx

Post by novationx »

Couldnt agree more.
Nicely explained. Better than I ever could. :thumbsup:
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Filipe1020

Post by Filipe1020 »

Demented wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 16:15 I know this has been said before but the one thing I've personally seen turn more people away than anything is the difficulty in controlling the cars. Stadium and Canyon are easy to control and fun to play. Valley and Lagoon look so beautiful, but literally every single friend and family member that I've showed those to won't play them again because in their words "it's too hard to control". I understand wanting a challenge, but let the challenge be in the tracks not the vehicle control. Thing is, we often don't hear about this because people who try it and don't like it simply leave without saying a word and never come back.
I assume it's intentional, but I'm not sure I will ever understand the logic behind this.
I completely agree with this, for example TM2 lost one very important thing that the TM1 environments had, even though the cars in TM1 have different handling aspects, they are more simple to master, once you figure out it's ups and downs depending on the type of surface, speed and cornering you can get to control them quite well and then the true challenge becomes the track itself, but in TM2, I see myself fighting a lot more with the car than the track, Lagoon is a perfect example of that, it's too sensitive, it can snap out of the track if I suddenly go from the sand to tarmac, it slides too much on wood, there are sections which are really difficult to pass without crashing, the cars in TM2 are way more complex and difficult to master, if only NADEO decides to go back to it's roots, where the track is the challenge and not the car at most, it would be nice.

I'm not saying that the cars in TM1 are not a challenge to drive, but they're way easier for the overall user base to get the hang of it's features, while in TM2 the cars throw a lot more unexpected surprises on your way, making it a lot more difficult for the majority of players.

Return to “Maniaplanet”