Review after 11 years Trackmania

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Miss

Re: Review after 11 years Trackmania

Post by Miss »

Honestly, I understand Nadeo if their focus is somewhere else. They made MP4 in an effort to really fix the game - which, honestly, they did, they fixed a LOT of major issues in MP3 and I love Nadeo for that.

But if their focus is somewhere else because Lagoon/MP4 didn't make much sales, this is totally understandable. I hope whatever their plans are next will bring in some more funding so they can fix the issues the community really wants.

And before you say "it doesn't sell well because the game is broken", I don't think that's the right approach to the situation. Sure, there will be less amounts of sales, but not "4000 sales"-bad: (this is an approximation of Steam sales on SteamSpy, it excludes Uplay sales too)

3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Miss wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 11:44 Honestly, I understand Nadeo if their focus is somewhere else. They made MP4 in an effort to really fix the game - which, honestly, they did, they fixed a LOT of major issues in MP3 and I love Nadeo for that.

But if their focus is somewhere else because Lagoon/MP4 didn't make much sales, this is totally understandable. I hope whatever their plans are next will bring in some more funding so they can fix the issues the community really wants.
But they sell TMT, short time before. And TMT sells not so bad this times, especially Console Versions!
(From my sight this (TMT Release) was the final big break in the hearts of many, from the last trusty Community, including me (my heart is bleeding :cry: ).)

I don't agree with you here, cause they promised so much. They should (must) Focus on MP, its their child!

They should polish and make a BIG ReRelease. But honestly, i think they don't lost their Focus on MP, why else should NADEO did the Survey?!
Miss wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 11:44 And before you say "it doesn't sell well because the game is broken", I don't think that's the right approach to the situation. Sure, there will be less amounts of sales, but not "4000 sales"-bad: (this is an approximation of Steam sales on SteamSpy, it excludes Uplay sales too)
No, i say it doesn't sell well, cause the late release at MP and the bad feeling physics (People knows that cause TMT)
And cause the other things we listed before.

Btw., yesterday i played on channels Lagoon. There was a player, who have written in the chat "Wow, this is such a nice Envi. I've never played it before cause i heard it is bad. Thx, for Demomode"

i think its a good idea to have Lagoon in Channels at Daytimes.

But what i think about this channels. Why can a DemoPlayer, play 24h on Channels? Thats not good. Nobody will buy the Games, cause he/she can play the whole Day and Night MultiEnvi. So the Servers stay empty. There must be a daily Limit for each Envi.
Maybe 1hr in Channels or one episode each Envi and then maybe free 30min. on Servers in each Envi.

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
Miss

Post by Miss »

Yes, but there was a long time between the releases of Turbo and TM2 Lagoon. This might indeed attribute to the Lagoon sales for sure, but even then, 4000 sales is very very VERY low for a company the size of Nadeo. Compare this to Canyon or Valley, for example. I don't think Nadeo expected the sales to be this low.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

Miss wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 13:16 I don't think Nadeo expected the sales to be this low.
But they should. It's all because "we know best" type of behaviour. They get huge feedback in TMT, fix nothing (because "this is final product" policy) then release the same game again. And what they expect? Huge sales? "We change physics a lot according to users feedback, many parts of game was fixed and now it's completely different Lagoon - much more playable and much less annoying". Do you see that type of statement anywhere? No way, it's still "we know everything best" way of thinking.

IMO - rollercoaster surfaces are too narrow, delay (even very small) in this env is unacceptable, beach is almost impossible to drive, wooden loops are even worse, car is too light (but never slides itself on road) etc. This is not a game that I want to learn how to drive. It's a game that I must fight against physics to play.
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

My personally thinking is, when NADEO leaves MP4, then i leave NADEO. Sorry to say that. But this is my feeling at the Moment.
It's like TMarc said:
TMarc wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 20:56 ... It was really fun for some time, but it should never frustrate or make angry. Not for a game!
I still like Trackmania, no doubt, and I will still follow its process. ...
I've spent so much trust (and a bit Money) in NADEO and MP4 Release and i can't understand, why nobody from NADEO comes here in this Forum and talk with us, honestly, about the current situation. I always looked forward, but since Turbo Release, i lost more and more trust.

Then i think with a little bit Engagement and Motivation, we (NADEO+Community) can do this, that the people again become interested in TM/SM. But we need a Strategy for longtime Motivation.
That's why i said Daily-Weekly-Monthly Missions with some kind of Rewards (Peoples love the Hunt for Rewards)

Maybe we open a new Thread, better someone from NADEO should open one "Is there a Future for MP and when yes how should it be done".
And there we should all come together and look what everyone can/will do for Polishing, Advertising, Organizing and Revive Maniaplanet.

We can speculate, we can make proposals, we can be optimistic, pessimistic, sarcastic, lucky or angry.
But without any words from NADEOs site, we can only speculate and hope.

rat_in_car wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 14:36 ... But they should. It's all because "we know best" type of behaviour. ...
That's true. This is the feeling NADEO gave to their customers. They should be thinking about such things! :evil:

Greetings
Last edited by null8fuenf10 on 25 Jan 2018, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

rat_in_car you make a point in the handling and behaviour of the vehicles in Valley and particularly on Lagoon. It is just very annoying that we have to struggle to get our car just jump straight after a turn, we struggle to keep the car straight on those envis... I mean some people will like it, but that's definitely not the case for everyone, definitely not.

null8fuenf10 I don't think Nadeo will say "oh we give up now, bye", as well as I don't think Nadeo will say "we will listen to you now for everything".
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

I don't say they should listen to everything. I say they should come and talk with us. And they should see, that they made mistakes and discuss with us.

That is what i would like to see.

But maybe, we get an answer soon. I'm so much interested in the Survey and the Result. NADEO listened, now we need a response.

Greetings
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Well, we have got an answer... See here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43543
Demented

Post by Demented »

null8fuenf10 wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 00:21 Lagoon! Hmm, i like it very much. But i think, the switches in handling from ground to ground are too hard.
Especially from Sand/Wood to Road and on TurboBlocks inside Wood or Sand, you get from Drift to 100% Grip in 1ms, that feels not good.
The Sand Handling is too hard and should be optimized, too! Wood is OK. And maybe make the feeling of the Car a bit heavier.

I don't know what you all have with Valley Handling? I like it, what is the Problem?
I may be one of few who actually find driving on Lagoon Sand & Grass easier than on pavement.
Lagoon wood is difficult to control because the car tends to over-correct when coming out of a drift making it hard regain a straight driving line, and on wood slopes or loops in tends to go into a drift no matter what your driving line is. A little more grip on wood might solve this.

The problem people have in Valley is similar. On dirt the car has a tendency to over correct coming out of a slide or drift causing the car to fishtail out of control. Sometimes at speeds trying to adjust your line slightly can break traction and get the car fishtailing too. Spending some time driving Valley you get use to it and learn the subtle inputs that can manage this but some people don't want to take that time.

I think Valley and Lagoon are the most beautiful of all the environments to date and worth taking the time to learn, but they are frustrating to drive.

P.S. Nice to hear big things are in the works but please fix what is already released first.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Demented wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 15:53 I may be one of few who actually find driving on Lagoon Sand & Grass easier than on pavement.
Yupp, you are the One, i would say. :mrgreen: Grass is Ok to drive, but sand, no way.
Demented wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 15:53 The problem people have in Valley is similar. On dirt the car has a tendency to over correct coming out of a slide or drift causing the car to fishtail out of control. Sometimes at speeds trying to adjust your line slightly can break traction and get the car fishtailing too.
Ok, yes this! Maybe. But its not so hard to learn. When there must be a correction in handling, then really minimalistic.
Demented wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 15:53 I think Valley and Lagoon are the most beautiful of all the environments to date and worth taking the time to learn, but they are frustrating to drive.
I think so, too. Only in Lagoon i understand frustration. I'm not bad at Lagoon, i have some Green Medals in SoloMode in MP4 and TMT. But how i told before, when in a track are to many switches from the Underground it makes no more fun, the fun goes more and more over to frustration and stress.

Greetings

Return to “Maniaplanet”