Unified Maniaplanet UI?

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

maxi031

Re: Unified Maniaplanet UI?

Post by maxi031 »

I don't think he is asking for tutorial, he just pointed out that menus are not consistent and are very unfriendly towards newbies, no tutorial can fix that.
My specs:
MOBO: MB AM3+ 970 Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
CPU: AM3+ AMD FX-8320E
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX750-Ti ASUS 2GB DDR5
RAM: DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Kingston HyperX
SSD: SATA3 120gb SanDisk
TY MICMO
Miss

Post by Miss »

eie wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 21:22
TMarc wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 00:30 The documentation was reworked and is constantly being updated.
This thread was aimed at the unintuitive and schizophrenic UI of Maniaplanet, not its modding features. While those features are great and have good documentation, it doesn't make the UI userfriendly for beginners... The topic of this thread isn't lack of features or support for them, it's how different the UI for every part of Maniaplanet is, and how this is obstructing new players from participating by creating a very steep learning curve.
You are right, the Maniaplanet UI is bad. This is mostly due to the fact that there is so much stuff inside of it, like multiple games (Trackmania & Shootmania), multiple environments per game (Canyon, Stadium, Lagoon), and there could even be mods of those environments (Platform, ESL, Galaxy).

I don't think enough time was spent during MP4 to think about this, while in the meantime they just kept adding more and more features. We've been told that with MP5 the UI is going to get a major overhaul, so maybe that will help. Though, I think even in MP3 we still have some MP2 and even MP1 interface quirks in places, making everything very inconsistent.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
eie

Post by eie »

Miss wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 11:29 We've been told that with MP5 the UI is going to get a major overhaul, so maybe that will help.
Source? If they're working on it, that's great! Such an update can't come soon enough... :D
Trackmania2 ♥
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Hello planet #6 and many discord-messages can confirm that ;)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
eie

Post by eie »

ManiaDesign wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 15:42 Hello planet #6 and many discord-messages can confirm that ;)
I could only find Florent's quote from HP6, which is from over a year ago:
Florent wrote:Also, I know that some people wait more in-depth work about the finishing touches or the interfaces. It’ll be the purpose of the betas, and a bigger focus will be given to that on Maniaplanet 5, because there are too many systems changing right now, and we need them to be stable before investing time on UI.
How recent are those discord-messages?
Trackmania2 ♥
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

I mostly heard that on the MP4 beta discord, but it's not public
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti

Return to “Maniaplanet”