I live overseas and it takes forever to download anything

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Platysynthesis

I live overseas and it takes forever to download anything

Post by Platysynthesis »

If there was one thing that annoyed me the most in Maniaplanet, it's the updates that I have to do.

Why?

Because it takes pretty much forever to download or update anything in the game, whether it be a pack or a game update, hell, even models and skins were difficult to download because of how long it took. I was downloading, like, half a megabyte every 10 seconds or so; this is extremely slow. This is SO slow that usually the download would just give up and reset back to the very beginning, and if I was almost done finishing a 1 GB update after waiting for an hour or so, I would've killed kittens. Because of the sheer size of the updates for title packs like TrackMania Canyon or Lagoon, downloading them is impossible, therefore playing the game is impossible.

The worst thing is, this is the only place where I'm having this issue. I went to a website and downloaded a few things just to experiment, and the download speeds were much faster than in Maniaplanet.

I have a question now: How many servers does Maniaplanet have, and where are they located? I live in the United States, across the ocean. I asked a few people (more specifically those living in Central Europe) if they were having the same issue, but they said otherwise, so I can only assume that this is a location issue.

This is my Internet speed from my undisclosed location to Washington, DC (the closest city to me).

And this is my Internet speed from my same location to Paris, France (is this where Nadeo's HQ is at?).
Gomme

Re: I live overseas and it takes forever to download anything

Post by Gomme »

I know it won't be really helpful, but i'll mention i don't find the downloads really quick too. Not as slow as your case though. My internet is ok...the downloads themselves are just slow.

Return to “Maniaplanet”