Maniaplanet

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: Maniaplanet

Post by TMarc »

Thanks again for your reply and your wishes, Hylis, this means a lot to me :thx:

But, guys, at the moment there is not much new and also not much to interprete in Hylis' comments.
You're doing again the same thing he always not liked in the past: you're taking every single of his words and trying to make them fit into what you expect or would like to hear.
Don't do that.

Hylis simply said that he cannot give information about the current and future development right now and until they have something concrete and nearly finished they would like to show us.
And he was trying to explain his thoughts why there was not more now.
With the issues of MP4, despite the many fixes we have seen since MP3 and also after MP4 release, they preferred to continue working on MP4 (or on something completely new), instead of trying to improve the UI further and release MP5 to early.
Just read what he wrote, and try to understand, instead of interpreting apparently wrongly.

This should tell everything:
Hylis wrote: now I want to bring something outstanding to mania players.
Let's wait and see, for more news, e.g. on Feb 13 if this date is not shifted.

Of course this does not tell if it will be Maniaplanet or not, but also here we have to wait, and stop asking all the time ;)
at least we have got one answer after half a year of absence. :3

Anyways I have the experience that we get to know the latest here in the forum.
First of course it is internal in Nadeo and perhaps Ubisoft.
Then paper magazines and webzines get some stuff, and if nobody in the forum reads those magazines, then there is no new information.
alpha tests are done with reduced private set of people, mostly internal in Nadeo, sometimes with players.
closed beta tests are done with some more people and only on public betas we get to see what's it about.
Latest when the new product is being sold everyone should have noticed it finally.

And there is Discord, apparently more and more popular.
If it was not a talk with NDA, those who participate could post some words in the forum, would be great :)
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

I think I already said it on Discord, but to be more precise, we are working on UI of the free experience to welcome in a better way new players on Maniaplanet 4, as well as improve advanced users one on channel along the way. We can not call it Maniaplanet 5 since it's smaller than previous update, but it's still a key and strategic milestone for us and a small group of people are working on it.

And yes, like TMarc said, it's really difficult to discuss without being able to say things, and it's logical that we have to keep them secret. So, about the future, I can only talk about it when it will be revealed much, much later. Until then, I can only say that we look forward providing something great for mania players, have new ones or ones that come back as well. I believe a lot in the power of the players and we will do as much as we can to make the next step right.
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

TMarc wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 21:51 With the issues of MP4, despite the many fixes we have seen since MP3 and also after MP4 release, they preferred to continue working on MP4 (or on something completely new), instead of trying to improve the UI further and release MP5 to early.
Just read what he wrote, and try to understand, instead of interpreting apparently wrongly.
Many many many thx, TMarc for clarification. This is is what i really like to hear! In this sentences from Hylis where too many woulds and would bees or would haves. This irritated me, cause how i said, i have Problems with different times in english Grammar. :oops:

Sorry for misinterpreting. But i was not the only one, who not really undersoods what this means.
TMarc wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 21:51 This should tell everything:
Hylis wrote: now I want to bring something outstanding to mania players.
Let's wait and see, for more news, e.g. on Feb 13 if this date is not shifted.

Of course this does not tell if it will be Maniaplanet or not, but also here we have to wait, and stop asking all the time ;)
at least we have got one answer after half a year of absence. :3
How i said, i'm hyped, too! But was disappointed, cause i thought there will be no Bugfixes in MP4, only some Optimations in Channels.

For me it's all about finish this MP4, make it round. When this is done, my trust in NADEO comes back! And i will look towards the Big new Project.

Then its maybe pointless, it will be in MP5, MPUnited or anywhere else. But it would be nice when MP survives. Only thing i hope both parts of Mania Players can profit, SM and TM Players!

Greetings and happy Driving/Shooting
null8fuenf10 :pil
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Hylis wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 22:00 I think I already said it on Discord, but to be more precise, we are working on UI of the free experience to welcome in a better way new players on Maniaplanet 4, as well as improve advanced users one on channel along the way. We can not call it Maniaplanet 5 since it's smaller than previous update, but it's still a key and strategic milestone for us and a small group of people are working on it.

And yes, like TMarc said, it's really difficult to discuss without being able to say things, and it's logical that we have to keep them secret. So, about the future, I can only talk about it when it will be revealed much, much later. Until then, I can only say that we look forward providing something great for mania players, have new ones or ones that come back as well. I believe a lot in the power of the players and we will do as much as we can to make the next step right.
Thx Hylis, for this. I really hope for you and us, that it will be a success. And i think, when you fixing some of the known Bugs, the community would be happy again, and will look positive in the Future, together with you.

Thx, for this Masterpiece of a Game. Hopefully it will revive... :3

Greetings
null8fuenf10 8-)
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Even though I just ranted on discord a few hours ago, I kinda got calm again.

Whenever you are getting mad / disappointed / negative, you need to realize the following thing: Hylis is the father of Maniaplanet and we are kinda his children. Children do not always understand the decisions of their parents in the first place. Children may even come to the conclusion that their parents just want to see them suffer because in their perspective, their decision-making appears to be so awful. As you know, children always know it much better than their parents. But in the very end, the children trust their parents - despite of their illogical decisions. Because sometimes trusting is the only thing you can do and you realized that your parents just want the best for you.

I can't understand why Nadeo is always talking so much of their "big plan". I can't understand why Nadeo isn't focussing more on the multiplayer part. But I trust them :thumbsup:
Nerpson
Translator
Translator

Post by Nerpson »

Haha very well found metaphor Soprah :thumbsup:

I'll stay tuned for this meet-up on February 18th!
ImageImageImageImage
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Soprah wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 22:39 Even though I just ranted on discord a few hours ago, I kinda got calm again.

Whenever you are getting mad / disappointed / negative, you need to realize the following thing: Hylis is the father of Maniaplanet and we are kinda his children. Children do not always understand the decisions of their parents in the first place. Children may even come to the conclusion that their parents just want to see them suffer because in their perspective, their decision-making appears to be so awful. As you know, children always know it much better than their parents. But in the very end, the children trust their parents - despite of their illogical decisions. Because sometimes trusting is the only thing you can do and you realized that your parents just want the best for you.

I can't understand why Nadeo is always talking so much of their "big plan". I can't understand why Nadeo isn't focussing more on the multiplayer part. But I trust them :thumbsup:
I had trust, too! But i lost the trust after TMT, no after MP4 and Lagoon Release. And i saw what the community tried to tell NADEO, but they don't listen or not respond in an acceptable way, from the eyes of many customers. (Included me)

And sometimes the childs have the right sight of things and there parents don't listen at them. Saw it a way too much! ;)

But for me, its now OK. I will wait and will see what happen. Trust is back. Not completely, but i will wait and then we will see.

Hopefully on 18th February. 8-)

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
endbase

Post by endbase »

I have lost my trust long time ago ! I started with tmu and after tmnf it all went down hill to be honest too much focus on paying players !
It was a community based games and that was perfect but some where along the line I guess the pressure of making money out of the game to survive trough time has degraded the whole mania model IMHO but hey good luck with developping and I hope this time they will stay on mp4 and work out the bugs and inprove the game experience :pop:
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

Thanks Hylis for the explaination :thumbsup:
I hope the UI update will bring more players to the game :)

---EDIT---
And what about this?
viewtopic.php?f=321&p=295001#p295001

That would be great if you would add that feature :thumbsup:
/\rkady
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

Miss wrote:Honestly, I understand Nadeo if their focus is somewhere else. They made MP4 in an effort to really fix the game - which, honestly, they did, they fixed a LOT of major issues in MP3 and I love Nadeo for that.
I wish the same could be said about ShootMania, but sadly I can't. I don't really want to spoil the good atmosphere here, but I feel like I should point that out. With the replay editor remaining 100% broken, no spec cams and also no ranking list (as a few major examples) it feels for many sm players like mp4 broke more stuff than it fixed.
Now, I know that ofc it wasn't NADEO's intention to break anything and I'm sure they will fix it in the future, but sadly mp4 was not that great for sm. Maybe next update will be better. :)
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server

Return to “Maniaplanet”