Maniaplanet

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Maniaplanet

Post by Hylis »

Miss wrote:Honestly, I understand Nadeo if their focus is somewhere else. They made MP4 in an effort to really fix the game - which, honestly, they did, they fixed a LOT of major issues in MP3 and I love Nadeo for that.

But if their focus is somewhere else because Lagoon/MP4 didn't make much sales, this is totally understandable. I hope whatever their plans are next will bring in some more funding so they can fix the issues the community really wants.
We indeed made many improvements for Maniaplanet 4 and we still intend to make some small ajustements, especially on channels. It's part of a bigger plan that we can't disclose soon. It's the 'big step' rather than small step strategy. We did not expected Lagoon to sell well before it's release and it was already something apart from the plan. Would MP4 have been popular (I was saying 10% chances max internally) maybe it would have change our bigger plan, but the result is that we even lowered the effort, like not going to MP5 with UI etc. So, we will do what we can without slowing down the ambitious unnanounced project. The studio is 4 times bigger than when we arrived at Ubisoft and really powerful. It was complicated to do everything at the same time, now I want to bring something outstanding to mania players.

Communication requires to wait before revealing it, and I hope you understand.

Florent
Miss

Re: Maniaplanet

Post by Miss »

Looking forward to hearing more about the new project! :thumbsup: :thx:

Thanks for the (small) update. I'm sure many people appreciate it! :thumbsup:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

Now that I hear about making a "big step, something really big" I have one thing to say :

Please don't fuck up, please don't mess up, please don't do mistakes like in Turbo, please.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Thanks for your answer Hylis, although many would have expected more. :thumbsup:

At least we know you're still there, and that we have to keep being patient. :pop:

But what about the current situation, could you perhaps tell when we can approximately expect updates or new information?
Demented

Post by Demented »

I'm excited about big new things, but please take the time to get some of the remaining issues fixed and out of the way. There are still some big bugs.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Last time on discord I said I can come back to discuss on 13rd of Febuary if I remember well. We can dig on what we intend to do for maniaplanet and why. However, on the ambitious project, I can't even give a date for information.

I would like to have more debates and be able to answer some frustrations, but it seems that's too much of a dream to hope for positive approach of them. We do our best and I personnally am 7/7 in mania since 15 years. I just want it to continu and work on it. I can see some positive things last year like new millions of players, an opening in USA, the ZeratoR Cup with 50k viewers in France and a good free update of Valley. Of course there are a lot of issues and things to improve and I read a lot from players when needed. Of course each player knows better what he likes, dislike and wish, but making & running all together is far more complicated than making a forum post.

I am really happy for you TMarc. And that's very much what I encourage. Spend only good & positive time around or don't get frustrated, look for other things, a game should not be frustrating. We want to make players proud of the game they play and there are many things to be. For what is not, we are working on big things. The goal is to have great times ahead, but it's so much faster said than done!

Until then, thank you 100 times for players around that so much help explore our unique take on video games that are powered by players.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Thank you Hylis for the feedback.
I am excited to see what you are working on next.
The bugs that remain in MP4 don't seem like ones that should be too hard to fix, but they are affecting game play. Once those are out of the way I think Trackmania is still one of the best games out there, and it still is, by far, my favorite.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Thank you for giving us a feedback, much appreciated :thx:

I'm looking forward to see your big project. I hope it will also bring the long lost TM players back.

Good luck and we'll always be behind you :)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Hi,

Nice to hear that you are working on something new and big. :1010

Did i understand it right, there will be no MP5? Is this Project then seperated from MP? (Sry, my english is not so good)

I'm hyped, but also a little dissapointed.

I hope you understand, this looks like another "wait and have trust"! And now all have waited so long, spent maybe Money for Lagoon/TMT, and give all the hope in this Big MP4 Update.

It would be nice to hear, that you want to fix the existing Bugs and make official Titles playable again (Platform, TM2 Titlepack, etc.).

When you work on a new Project, then the other points we listed and talked about are not more this necessary.

But finish and complete what we have, before you move on. Please!

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil

P.s. You created something for the Heart, you can be proud of it. Keep it alive and don't let your customers feel like nagging children, take them serious.
Last edited by null8fuenf10 on 25 Jan 2018, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Miss

Post by Miss »

null8fuenf10 wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 17:46Did i understand it right, there will be no MP5? Is this Project then seperated from MP? (Sry, my english is not so good)
No, I'm pretty sure he's saying that the new UI could've been in MP4 if Lagoon/MP4 had sold better. At least that's how I interpret the post :P

Or maybe he means that MP5 will not have a new UI? I'm not sure now :?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Maniaplanet”