Maniaplanet

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: Maniaplanet

Post by TMarc »

And the split of the community continues. :roll:
If all activities are happening only on discord now and those informations are not shared, that's very sad. :oops:
Isn't there a record available?

Not everyone has time to participate, and this forum loses again more interest.
Too many sources of information are killing the information!
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

^^ Here here ^^
I've never been on Discord and don't always have time to watch 'live' presentations.
So, as TMarc says, some kind of copy here would be nice. :? 8-)
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

I agree with you. They should record it, upload on youtube (or other page) and post link here. Only few people know what's going on, only those, who were active :?
/\rkady
Miss

Post by Miss »

+1! We need to have these kinda things posted on the forum too. (Or on the Maniaplanet blog, for that matter)
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
wazerti

Post by wazerti »

Yeah, absolutely nothing has been uploaded on the forum about this interview ! It's like it never happened :shock:

Does anyone knows what were the themes evoked ? Or any information about the content ?
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

Hey, I'm the one who organised the interview, so I'm the one to blame for all this :lol:
To avoid any misunderstandings, I want to explain that this "interview" was acutally (just) a Q&A in text form. The discord users were able to submit questions before and I posted them to Hylis in the acutaly interview.

I decided to do this on the sm discord because thats were the majority of the community is. The purpose of this interview was building a bridge between the sm community and NADEO. Why not for whole ManiaPlanet? Because the ShootMania community will always be in the shadow of TrackMania when its about ManiaPlanet in general and thats not what I want. The ShootMania community needs and deserves their own chance to ask Hylis anything they would like to know. You can see vey easily on this forum how ShootMania keeps playing a way smaller role from day to day, which also bases in the fact that less players care about reporting bugs... Well I could go on with this for hours, but thats all the reason why I wanted this interview for the sm community for the second time. :)

Still - like last time - the plan was to share the outcome of this interview also here on the forum but it seems like this plan got lost somewhere :? Sorry for that. I will see if anyone is willing to do a good summary of the interview or if I just copy + paste it all here. But you will get to read it all soon. ;)
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Demented

Post by Demented »

Cool. Thanks. :thumbsup:
I've never used Discord but that's only because I limit my online activity.
Being that these Forums are the Maniaplanet forums, they should be a central source of TM/MP info. :)
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Thanks a lot HYPE, would be great to see the text. :thumbsup: :thx:
Besides that, I think it is still the duty of Nadeo to reveal things and to continue the discussion also on the forum here :yes:
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Discord is just much smarter and easier to organize it. We had 2 channels: Live chat between Hype and Hylis and live chat for community players. Hylis couldn't read the live-chat tho and that was intended. Players could also submit some questions during the interview and the moderators added some good inputs.
So for this kind of interview, I fully agree Discord > Forum.
I could export the whole chat now as image or plain text, but maybe we should wait for a well written TL;DR
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
wazerti

Post by wazerti »

Thanks HYPE if you upload the text ! I'm eager to read this !

Return to “Maniaplanet”