Febuary Update priorities

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

orangina

Re: Febuary Update priorities

Post by orangina »

that is true Xymph but xaseco was compatible with mp1, 2 and 3, and many servers worked with it.

Nadeo has broken x2 with mp4 ...
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

orangina wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 19:44 Nadeo has broken x2 with mp4 ...
Nadeo hasn't broken XAseco2 with MP4, Nadeo was just going further with TM2, but XAseco2 hasn't/couldn't. And I'll bet that Nadeo never ever tries to restore compatitibily to XAseco2 (or other controllers from before MP3).
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
orangina

Post by orangina »

Permettez-moi de vous répondre en français car je ne me maitrise pas bien l'anglais.
Undef, tu as tout mon respect et toute mon estime pour avoir développé Uaseco, merci encore.
Cela faisait des années et des années que la grande majorité des serveurs tournaient sous Xaseco, que ce soit sur Tmnf ou sur Stadium, certains avaient développé des plug-ins, et tout fonctionnait bien. Nous-même (avec ma team) en avions développé un avec Xaseco2, un plugin Modlap, nous y avions passé pas mal de temps à le développer, au final ce plug-in Modlap était vraiment au point, hélas il n'a jamais vu le jour à cause de la sortie de mp4 ... (nous en avons été écoeuré) et c'est bien la première fois en 10 ans de jeu de Trackmania que Xaseco n'est pas compatible avec une version de Tm !! Enlevez-le de tmnf .. vous verrez le cataclysme que ça provoquera ...
Il aurait été judicieux de la part de Nadéo de proposer, eux même, leur propre gestionnaire de record, pour éviter ce genre de désagréments. alors la moindre des choses aurait été de faire en sorte que xaseco soit compatible avec mp4 (comme avec toutes les précédentes versions) par respect non seulement envers les développeurs tiers, mais aussi envers ceux qui ne vont pas forcément sur le forum mais qui travaillent dans l'ombre. J'ai cru lire sur ce forum que la communauté tm n'avait plus confiance mais comment voulez-vous que l'on s'investisse si on ne nous fournit pas les moyens de le faire ?? Comment être sûr qu'à une prochaine mise à jour de maniaplanet, cela ne recommencera pas comme avec mp4 ? beaucoup trop de teams ont été impactés par mp4. seuls les mordus, les passionnés y croient encore et j'espère de tout coeur que Nadéo prendra en compte leurs demandes.
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

[...]
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

You must write really good French, because the Google Translation is very easy to understand.
Let me answer you in French because I do not speak English well.
Undef, you have all my respect and all my esteem for having developed Uaseco, thanks again.
It's been years and years that the vast majority of servers were running Xaseco, whether on Tmnf or Stadium, some had developed plug-ins, and everything worked well. We (with my team) had developed one with Xaseco2, a Modlap plugin, we had spent a lot of time developing it, in the end this plug-in Modlap was really developed, alas he has never seen the day because of the release of mp4 ... (we have been nauseated) and this is the first time in 10 years of playing Trackmania that Xaseco is not compatible with a version of Tm! Remove it from tmnf .. you will see the cataclysm that will provoke ...
It would have been wise for Nadéo to propose, themselves, their own record manager, to avoid this kind of inconvenience. then the least thing would have been to make xaseco compatible with mp4 (as with all previous versions) out of respect not only to third party developers, but also to those who do not necessarily go to the forum but who work in The shadow. I thought I read on this forum that the community tm no longer trusted but how do you want to invest if we do not provide us the means to do ?? How to be sure that next update of maniaplanet, it will not start again as with mp4? far too many teams have been impacted by mp4. only the bitten, the passionate believe it still and I hope with all my heart that Nadéo will take into account their requests.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

SpeedouTM wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 13:07 Hello !

I'm here to write what must be reworked on a future version of ManiaPlanet. :pop:

Servers problems :
- The others skins than the originals are loading very very long, I dunno how servers are made but on TMF it's 5x faster to load, and the skins on TM² aren't bigger than TMF ones, so it's a real problem.
- I am a server hoster with Daykzo (armoredcore.eu), and we got problems with managing the servers (they are uptodate), we got like 20 MP servers hosted and there is a problem that is very bad, once time we restart a MP server, while restarting, he switch of port (for exemple it jump like 2 or 3 ports that the one asked in the config), the TMF servers havent that problem.

Menu problems :
- I saw something bad for new players, for the new players that buy a TM2 game it seems difficult to know where type the key to register a new game, they don't really know, I say that because I helped lot of poeple with that.
- While trying to invite a player that's in the "Players met" section, the invite fails everytime you click on the button to invite him in friend.

Planets problems :
- Since MP4, there is no way to use planets, we don't really know what to do with it, you should find something to make the planet usefull.

Graphic problems :
- The antialiasing (FXAA) isn't really a good antialiasing, when you try to don't use the FXAA it doesn't show a big change, it seems aliased a lot. I recommand to put MSAA/x2/x4/x8 wich is really better. Once again we didn't got the problem on TMF.

Problems that doesn't really matter :
- The echelon utillity isn't explained and some poeple ask "What is the Echelon ?" "Why your echelon is gold or sliver ?" ... and more, please explain that.

Channels problems :
- The new player play on channels, which is a good innovation, but the utility of them aren't really explained to new players. And some players which like a channel (Trackmania Nimble for exemple) and want to stay on it, well they can't, I think you should add a button to ask the player if he want to stay in this server, and not be forced to switch on the next channel, because once their favourite channel is end, they close the game and don't play other channels.

For me it's all, if I find something other i'll edit this post.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Ouhouuhu

Post by Ouhouuhu »

Hello,
I'm a shootmania player.
In my view, shootmania replays are not like before mp4, rockets look like mp2
The spatialization of sound is not good either
That's a problem because if I want to make videos with replays, I can't :'(
I know that shootmania drain less player so it isn't a priority but if you can correct these bugs, that can be cool :D
Thanks

Ouhou
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

Top priotity: Lagging rockets!

This should be fixed fast or it will drain the already low player amount even faster!
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Miss

Post by Miss »

Players are reporting the graphics bug happening: viewtopic.php?f=468&t=43681

Has this been looked at yet? It should be pretty high on the priority list, to be honest!
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

I made a new report about all bugs in the ShootMania replay editor: viewtopic.php?f=469&p=295937
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server

Return to “Maniaplanet”