ManiaPlanet 4 => The reason it's so hard to come back to this game ...?

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: ManiaPlanet 4 => The reason it's so hard to come back to this game ...?

Post by TMarc »

about the validation code, you can fetch a new one on the player page, at Account setting.
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

I think the Validation code is one of the biggest problems indeed. Not the idea as such but the way you get it. I've seen it so many times that new players but also very expieranced players don't know how to get this code. Might be one of the most often asked questions at all. It should be much easier / clearer to get it. :!:
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

Huh? Didn't you see my post just above. The link I gave leads the user to see pretty easy/ fairly clear points like:

"Validation code by email
If you want a new validation code, you can enter your email to get a new one by email."
and
"Validation code by game key
If you have forgotten your validation code, you can enter a game key to get a new one."

HYPE wrote: 08 May 2018, 10:35 ... I've seen it so many times that new players but also very expieranced players don't know how to get this code. Might be one of the most often asked questions at all. It should be much easier / clearer to get it. :!:
Well, maybe this is 'one of the most often asked questions' but hey, every single player who buys this game receives an email which contains their first Validation Code etc, along with a clear statement advising them to keep that email safe for future use. Details on how to access a replacement code are also included.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my email from 2011, when I upgraded from TMU to MP:

" Welcome to Maniaplanet

Please keep this email for your records. Your account information is as follows:

Login=nighthawk4571
Password=ImNotTellingYouThis
Validation Code=***** ( .... big secret but worth saving for the past seven years)

Please do not forget your password or your validation code as they have been encrypted in our database and we cannot retrieve them for you.
However, if you have defined an e-mail address for your account, you can request a new password when logging in.

Thank you for registering.
Looking forward to seeing you online !

Nadeo Team
"

IS THIS NOT EASY, NOT CLEAR? No? Yes? So why suggest this stuff is too hard? Why, instead of simply trying to help the first poster, start suggesting more - unnecessary - work for the supplier (obviously NADEO)? For Pete's sake!!!

As for your 'very expieranced players' having so much trouble with this stuff, might I suggest they ask their Mums to read their emails for them ..... AAAAgh *(#$!!vv?!) my blood's starting to boil again, sorry. I am old, maybe too old for this s.s.s.s.s.s.s stuff.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then here's my email from May 2017 when I threw money at 'em for Lagoon:

Third line down: "Please save this e-mail carefully."
Who's fault is it if you don't understand this? How the hell could this be made easier? Clearer?
..... Oh, my neck hurts! .....

So ok, someone has lost this stuff. So he/she comes to this forum and asks for a bit of help - too easy ... or is it?
Nope. We just can't help ourselves. We don't bother reading the first post properly and we set off on yet another pointless stream of negativity, swiping and sniping, instead of simply helping the poor guy out!

To be fair, he/she didn't exactly start off too well. In addition to asking for help with his/ her account, he/she did go into a bit of a swipe, suggesting that his inability to remember his/ her account details has something to do with NADEO's new in-game interface. And maybe that led others to start throwing rocks at the developers (mob rule) but hey, come on. Would you call your boss and tell her/ him that you can't find the front door to the office since he/ she had the building repainted? ....
"Hi Boss. Just calling to say, I'm late again and it's all your fault because you stopped meeting me at the front door and leading me by the hand to my 27th floor workstation..... der, Could someone please redesign the front door area with arrows just for me?"

:? ..... Oops, I feel my hackles rising again ....... :teub: :roflol: .... :? :evil:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Now look guys, niarfman has come to the forum looking for help because he's either lost his email or has forgotten about the info in that email. Since his first post, there are seven replies, including from two moderators, none of which offers any real help - none of which addresses his stated issue. * None except TMarc, who always tries to be helpful --- without charging for his time. :thx:

Then of course, 'Little Goodie Two Shoes Me' pops in with a 'helpful link'. That's followed by a few more posts which seem to steer us from niarfman 's issue to yet another (somewhat) unfair NADEO bashing thread.

I don't mean to stand here defending NADEO, as much as I want to say that I do get irritated from time-to-time by people hijacking threads just to bash those guys, while ignoring the purpose of each thread. I get so annoyed! ..... AAAAAAAugh!!!

So can anybody offer more help which (to use HYPE 's phrase) is 'easier and clearer' than my replies, without digressing from the original point? !!!!!

Thanks .... rant end here! :shock: .... :roflol: .... :? :thx: ..... :pil
(Shouts "I'm mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore"..... Jumps out of window).
Last edited by nighthawk4571 on 08 May 2018, 15:00, edited 6 times in total.
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
Miss

Post by Miss »

I agree, it's made blatantly clear in your registration email and such, but even then, people might forget about it quickly.

For those cases, there should be a button "Forgot your validation code?" that leads to a page to retrieve it in order to solve this confusion once and for all.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

What?! Here we go again:
Miss says: For those cases, there should be a button "Forgot your validation code?"

Why?
Where? On your forehead?
What a pointless, useless comment. Even if you were onto a good idea, how does this help poor ol' niarfman :?:

You see? More work for the developers to help people whose Mums are too busy to do their thinking for them, instead of developing more quality game features.

Have you ever seen anything like this at, say, an ATM?
- A button "Forgot your VISA PIN number?"

Give me (and niarfman) a break!

Cheers :arrow: (rummages through cupboards looking for a calming drink). :o

Miss

Post by Miss »

On the dialog where it asks you to enter your validation code. I'm not sure why you think that's a bad idea? It's the same thing as having a "Forgot your password?" button on the login screen.

There's a lot of people making threads on the forum every other week asking about "how to find my validation code", so it's clearly a problem. I'm presenting a solution that should work.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

Yes, yes, you're absolutely right. Damn me for forgetting that the younger generations simply don't need to think for themselves or take any responsibility for looking after important things.

What was I thinking ..... silly old me! How lame am I?

So all those players who lose their account details simply need to join the queue and wait for a button to be coded in. That solves it Miss. Great. Thanks.

BUT !!! Let me tell you one thing: Since I first connected to the internet in 1986, guess how many times I've had to hit that 'Lost your password/ Account details' button.

Not ONE time - not EVER! So is it any wonder that I go off my nut over today's children taking no care whatever with their own 'important' stuff?

You say: "There's a lot of people making threads on the forum every other week asking about "how to find my validation code""
That doesn't make them right. All it means is there's a lot of lazy sods around who need to pick up their act - need to turn their spoiled brains on - need to THINK before asking dumb, lazy questions.

( - I need to calm myself down - this wont end well for my nerves - )

:roll:

Anyway, it seems I've been sucked into hijacking this thread, along with those I seek to criticize.
Sorry niarfman. But the information you need should be found here, plain and simple:
https://www.maniaplanet.com/account/validation-code

Cheers :pil

Ozon

Post by Ozon »

nighthawk4571 wrote: 08 May 2018, 15:10 Yes, yes, you're absolutely right. Damn me for forgetting that the younger generations simply don't need to think for themselves or take any responsibility for looking after important things.

What was I thinking ..... silly old me! How lame am I?

So all those players who lose their account details simply need to join the queue and wait for a button to be coded in. That solves it Miss. Great. Thanks.

BUT !!! Let me tell you one thing: Since I first connected to the internet in 1986, guess how many times I've had to hit that 'Lost your password/ Account details' button.

Not ONE time - not EVER! So is it any wonder that I go off my nut over today's children taking no care whatever with their own 'important' stuff?

You say: "There's a lot of people making threads on the forum every other week asking about "how to find my validation code""
That doesn't make them right. All it means is there's a lot of lazy sods around who need to pick up their act - need to turn their spoiled brains on - need to THINK before asking dumb, lazy questions.

( - I need to calm myself down - this wont end well for my nerves - )

:roll:

Anyway, it seems I've been sucked into hijacking this thread, along with those I seek to criticize.
Sorry niarfman. But the information you need should be found here, plain and simple:
https://www.maniaplanet.com/account/validation-code

Jesus man, it's only a game. Go for a walk or something.
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

Ok First of all: You can't know that but I already played with Niarfman aka Choupa Oups in the past days, so I knew his problem to find the code was solved. Thats why I didn't simply gave him the link. Because thats what I usally do and thats why I know that for many players its too complicated to find.

Secondly: How do you get the feeling that me or anyone else here was "bashing" NADEO or creating a "stream of negativity". Everyone here is just trying to help by pointing out a problem and offering solutions to help. Thats what the forum is here for.

Then, you complain how everyone is whining about they can't find stuff with a few clicks and how the "younger generations simply don't need to think for themselves or take any responsibility for looking after important things". I guess you are about right with this point but thats where the internet is going to. It might be bad, but thats how it is. Everything important needs to be clear, easy and fast to find. That has been one of the main critiques for this game for many years.
Now you can bragg of how you never lost your password but this is not all about you. It's about the community in a whole. I'm just wondering why you are getting all that triggered about it. :?

And the last point that I wanted to make is that you're saying that this thread is getting offtopic, but it doesn't. If you just read the orginal post of this thread, you will notice that Niarfman never even asked for the Validationcode here. He wanted to point out the reason why it was so hard for him to come back to the game. That's literally the title of this thread. :D
Now it's excatly this topic that we have to discuss about here and you made your point more than clear nighthawk. Thanks for that. :)
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

Ozon - thanks :thumbsup:
HYPE - thanks :thumbsup:

I admit I flew off the handle there and, between ranting and sprinkling some light humour, I did try to be helpful, which is my usual manner.
It seems I may have misunderstood the problem and got the impression that it was a technical one, so got frustrated that people didn't seem to be on the same page as me. The button thing sent me up the wall.
..... :( :shock: :o .... :oops:

It's true, I am getting old and occasionally let fly with irrational tripe. For that, I apologize to you guys. I didn't mean to be nasty.
That was yesterday; today I went for a walk, took a tablet, glanced in the mirror and sat quietly in my corner for a while.

Think I'll go weed the garden now.....

Return to “Maniaplanet”