New Trackmania?

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

rafalrazor

New Trackmania?

Post by rafalrazor »

Hi all,

I'm writing with a willing to discuss. Why Nadeo will not try to develop a brand new Trackmania, like a United2? TMU has been so successful, this player ranking, easy and visible menu eagered people to play. Many players play LoL, Fortnite, CSGO at the moment, but if bright and easy-to-use new Trackmania could pop up, many of them would come back. I've been playing TM since 2007 and this game still rocks but TM2 isn't that what I expected. I still believe for a great Trackmania yet to come!

What are your thoughts?

Best regards!
Miss

Re: New Trackmania?

Post by Miss »

Because Lagoon was not as successful as hoped.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
rafalrazor

Post by rafalrazor »

I think they have chosen a bad direction to follow. Stadium is the best option anytime I reckon, but childish Turbo wasn't sufficent as well.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

You forget where you came from.

Turbo is great, a very nicely done arcade style racing game with lots of options and lot of fun, exactly the right stuff for kids and a bit older people.

You cannot take it as "new Trackmania" in terms of a Trackmania successor anyway, and it was was even communicated like this by Nadeo.

Maniaplanet is Trackmania United, at least for the new titles.
Since the size of each title is already too big, they simply cannot have one single game anymore that contains all possible environments without loading time.

If you look e.g. at Battlefield, it takes long time to load one single map already, so it is more a general problem with modern games. Highres textures, Highres models, Highres anything also needs highperf computers, and they are not powerful enough.
And here we are: no kid can afford a gaming PC alone.
Nadeo tries to make the games affordable in terms of price and minimum requirements.
This also means some restrictions, which have to be accepted.

Regarding future development, something is in the pipeline, from updates to new titles, but probably more focus on Shootmania this time.

We have to be patient, keep reporting bugs, and keep creating new own stuff, like the Trackmania United and Trackmania One title that show the old original environments within Maniaplanet.
Miss

Post by Miss »

To be fair, I think Turbo was a success, I heard it sold very well on consoles. That said, it might be interesting if they were to release a Turbo 2 or something in that style, something more "AAA" in the sense of a completely new game for consoles & PC.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Stringers

Post by Stringers »

It was, still see alot of people on ps4/xbox 1 compared to pc. We're all waiting to see something with Nadeo's Shootmania project. Like Turbo. I know we want more environments and features in Maniaplanet in the future. We just have to be patient, something will come eventually. ;)

Return to “Maniaplanet”