Where are the Rankings online?

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Micec

Where are the Rankings online?

Post by Micec »

I think i was stupid, but i dont found online rankings!
Please can someone give link please ?
TMarc

Re: Where are the Rankings online?

Post by TMarc »

There are none (anymore, since Maniaplanet version 4 was released).

Please look inside of the game.
For each title, you have individual rankings.
riolu

Post by riolu »

TMarc wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 09:12 There are none (anymore, since Maniaplanet version 4 was released).

Please look inside of the game.
For each title, you have individual rankings.
I found this post to be rather misleading. First it's "there are none", then it's "please look inside of the game".
To give an alternative answer, there are no online leaderboards available to scroll through in the game. Players still receive ladder points and their respective rank in each title is being displayed on the scoreboard during online sessions, but that's about it.
The solo mode however does have a leaderboard - per track and overall.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

I interpreted "online" as "on a website" like the former Maniaviewer page or like the one for Trackmania Turbo.

One who is starting Maniaplanet and a station will certainly see that there are some rankings there, either on the title main screen for the ladder, or on individual maps at least for Trackmania titles.
redfog

Post by redfog »

Any idea of what motivated that choice of dumping the online leaderboards off a cliff? Posted a topic on French Forums, but don't seem to get an answer. Also the W/L don't display the losses anymore so it looses a bit the initial idea of ratio.

I have been looking for a time now, and I can never find an answer from Nadeo. Worse, when they eventually answer they really avoid answering, by answering something else, or just plain confusing throwoffs

"Will we be able to see player's ladder rankings in-game again?

For each specific request, you need to be as clear as possible on two things: what is the priority and what is important into this request. Because we have a very limited amount of resources for the updates AND there are some area that are no go, like in game interfaces.
So, I don't know if an API is available or would do the trick, but that's how we need to think."

Does this mean Nadeo really s**wed up somewhere and can't seem to fix it and thought as it is not a priority they just hide it under the rug until people forget about it ?
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

I think Nadeo just forgot to add it to maniascript menu because legacy menu still has that.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib

Return to “Maniaplanet”