Best computer to buy for trackmania complete

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

Dyakuyu

Best computer to buy for trackmania complete

Post by Dyakuyu »

My husband is a trackmania Addict. However, he has an IMAC computer. We tried parallels but that failed. What would be a good computer to purchase to play trackmania complete package?
mooseman2099

Re: Best computer to buy for trackmania complete

Post by mooseman2099 »

Hi there, Just to get the ball rolling. Min set up for the game states this. So anything higher would be much better. If you have the money get yourself the best spec you can.

MINIMUM:

OS:Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10
Processor:Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2 GHz or better
Memory:2 GB RAM
Sound:DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Graphics:Video card must be 512 MB or more and should be a DirectX 10 - compatible or DirectX 11 - compatible
DirectX®:11
Hard Drive:5 GB HD space

I would suggest a better spec than this for future proofing.

Latest : windows always better.
CPU: better 4x or 8x more is better
Memory : 8GB or 16GB large games use more less loading seen.
Sound : Built in is actually quite good in todays systems. But cards are great for DTS if you use it.
Video : Nvidia or AMD produce nice cards today. All would be quite able. 4GB better More is always better.
Direct x: well its not using much of 11 (That's me being cheeky) so any card direct x 11 or up.

If you can make your own like I did. Then you will be able to double the spec of the machine. For the money you spend. Always a risk, again just take your time and read everything about every thing. Easy once you done it once and it feels great.

Good luck and defo have fun either way.

Regards :thumbsup:
redmetz

Re: Best computer to buy for trackmania complete

Post by redmetz »

Did you try to use Bootcamp? Because TrackMania is running just fine (on lower settings) on my rMBP.

Return to “Maniaplanet”