Computing shadows for TMUF in 2021?

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

TomB

Computing shadows for TMUF in 2021?

Post by TomB »

Hi all,

I'm running a TMUF server and I have a lot of tracks from the ESWC era, they look ugly compared to modern tracks and it should be possible to calculate the light maps as explained here: viewtopic.php?t=15988

This post is from 2013 so clearly discussing ESWC -> TMU lightmap calculation, however, this no longer works. The commands run but ManiaPlanet.exe just exists immediately after clicking "Offline" then "OK".

Presumably I need an older version of ManiaPlanet to do this? Alternatively, is there any way to configure the client to recalculate lightmaps when someone connects?
Miss

Re: Computing shadows for TMUF in 2021?

Post by Miss »

Maybe I'm missing something, but what part of the thread you linked talks about TMUF or ESWC?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
TomB

Re: Computing shadows for TMUF in 2021?

Post by TomB »

Since TM2 wasn't out at that point it was presumably referring to the latest game at the time: TMUF.

I don't use ManiaPlanet, but I was looking for something for generating the lightmaps for older .gbx files. Tracks look much better when played offline than on the server, this is because when playing online it uses the lightmap generated when the track was originally created. Looking online, ManiaPlanet.exe seems to be the only way to generate the lightmaps without opening/saving the track in the editor one by one (and changing the author).

Return to “Maniaplanet”