[Tools] Spectator Mode and Replays saving

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

DeathDriver

[Tools] Spectator Mode and Replays saving

Post by DeathDriver »

Especially when it comes to eSport there are quite a few demands for replays and a good spectator mode.
I just talked to Florent and he said that it's hard for them to improve those stuff as they do not get enough feedback from the community. Well, coming to the two points listed above I will start to change it. Here my input:

Replays:
- at the moment you can only save your own replay, without others cars. Should be improved/changed
- you can only save replays afterwards. Options like "start recording" and "stop recording" would improve
- replays do not consist of a lot information
-- add players names above the cars (on/off switching at replay editor)
-- add timestamps for the different players views
-- add scores from the actual game (on/off switching at replay editor - maybe only if you chose start/stop saving)

Spectator Mode
- you can't see the drift tires stripes (or how you call it) in spec mode - change that!
- list the checkpoint times in specmode (maybe only on relayTVs)
- add a live ranking of the actual round and overall score (maybe only on relayTVs)
- the 255 limit problems arer strange. If you have 150 playerslots on the gameserver and 32 specslots you can only have about 50-60 specs on the relayTV
- KEEP THE relayTV stuff!!

that's me for now. You can add more to the lists if you want to.
Caster and Entertainer, Trackmania - http://www.facebook.com/tm.deathdriver
Captain Germany National Team, Trackmania Nations Forever
Former n!faculty Trackmania 2 League Admin
Former Electronic Sports League Trackmania Head Admin
w1lla

Re: [Tools] Spectator Mode and Replays saving

Post by w1lla »

Well there is a tool at the moment in RemoteControlExamples called SpectatorUi.

That can be used for spectators and spec other players.

Replays however might be improved but also the referee should be improved.

Also make checks if players use cheats like memory edits. :idea:
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
timae

Post by timae »

i dont think they will change the basic ideas of the TMF kit in this special cases.
without replays, we can't even do videos in HQ so to say ...
without a spectator mode, every kind of watching a match in div1 would be gone ...

these are just facts i wouldnt think of, because i am sure they'll be in ^______^
DeathDriver

Post by DeathDriver »

it's not about them not being included, but about improving them timae ^^
FrostBeule

Post by FrostBeule »

nice features. but isnt it better to put them into the game that was created for esports also? that's where they are most needed if you look at it from just an esport-view.
DeathDriver

Post by DeathDriver »

Florent has to say if there is a possible update improving TMNF. At the moment it looks more likely as all recources are put into TM2 and Maniaplanet, in my opinion.
FrostBeule

Post by FrostBeule »

so? TMNF will still be the game that will be represented at tourneys such as WCG. it will keep being the game that represents trackmania in esports. that won't change. it's already way too rooted and established.
just because Nadeo will work on TM2 doesn't mean the scene for TMNF (which is by far the biggest one) will just die.

these features you mention belong in TMNF alot more. not saying they shouldn't put it in TM2 aswell though of course.
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia »

FrostBeule wrote:it's already way too rooted and established.
And that's exactly the reason, why it won't develop anymore. It's established, it works, and that's the way it remains.
FrostBeule wrote:just because Nadeo will work on TM2 doesn't mean the scene for TMNF (which is by far the biggest one) will just die.
Noone said that. But the scene remains, and the game remains as it is. I wouldn't put too much hope into getting these features for TMN. It's not meant harsh, but your post sounds a little bit like "we want that too! (for free of course)".
But in my opinion, TMN development is dead (not to mix up with the community being dead, they will remain), so not very much to discuss here, especially as this is a thread about Trackmania 2 ;)

Same goes for this "TMUF graphics update" thread btw, so this is not an anti-TMN post ;)
Raron

Post by Raron »

but :
Time is the answer. Take the TrackMania history and look where we ended. Think maniaplanet the same way. We will start somewhere, in some time, and will see things evolve from there. Maybe we will do a Nations 2, maybe we will not. I don't need a petition for it in order to think to it. But today, it would be useless to do it. If players want to do esport on Nations, the game is good enough in that respect, and it is not a hotkey or customizable interface that would make it a revolution.

(about shootmania)
FrostBeule

Post by FrostBeule »

Insomnia wrote:
FrostBeule wrote:it's already way too rooted and established.
And that's exactly the reason, why it won't develop anymore. It's established, it works, and that's the way it remains

but oh you're wrong. as long as there's players playing the game, it will keep developing. with or without the help of Nadeo. what i was trying to say to DD was that those features he's talking about are for esports, so naturally they should be for TMNF.
Insomnia wrote:
FrostBeule wrote:just because Nadeo will work on TM2 doesn't mean the scene for TMNF (which is by far the biggest one) will just die.
Noone said that. But the scene remains, and the game remains as it is. I wouldn't put too much hope into getting these features for TMN. It's not meant harsh, but your post sounds a little bit like "we want that too! (for free of course)".
But in my opinion, TMN development is dead (not to mix up with the community being dead, they will remain), so not very much to discuss here, especially as this is a thread about Trackmania 2 ;)
obviously i know the chances for Nadeo to actually work on TMNF are limited. I can still keep dreaming though. And no, i don't play the game because it's free, i play it because it's a damn good game. i think a lot of people agree with me on that point. what is it with you TMUF players and your obsession with why people play TMNF. it's getting silly. yes, it's a free game, but do you honestly think people keep playing a game for this long just because it's free?
Raron wrote:but :
Time is the answer. Take the TrackMania history and look where we ended. Think maniaplanet the same way. We will start somewhere, in some time, and will see things evolve from there. Maybe we will do a Nations 2, maybe we will not. I don't need a petition for it in order to think to it. But today, it would be useless to do it. If players want to do esport on Nations, the game is good enough in that respect, and it is not a hotkey or customizable interface that would make it a revolution.

(about shootmania)
well that's quite sad to hear really. it's "good enough", but it could be so much better*. and if it was better, it would grow even more rapidly than it already is. but hey, like i already said, i am a realist. but im a dreamer too damnit!

* DD's suggestions in the first post among other stuff.

Return to “Trackmania 2”