Trackmania 2 stadium car sound

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

L7sParan

Re: Trackmania 2 stadium car sound

Post by L7sParan »

BAAAAAD!
I hate the sound ... All new games are poor. Why they think the graphic make the game better. But in this example graphic is also worse... Everything is worse... No idea why to buy the worse game...
Last edited by L7sParan on 03 Mar 2013, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
_Domi

Post by _Domi »

Engine sound is way too quiet on 5.1 surround system, take a look at that issue please. I have no problems in Forever, but here I can hear engine just on my middle speaker and that is way too quiet.
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

Post by luftisbollentm2 »

RKO90 wrote:Anyone knows where to find those files in TMN/TMU? I can't really figure it out :/
They are somewhere deep burried in the game i think.
so they don´t exist for the players so you must create those or dl a car with engine sound from maniapark
thats what i did ;)

hmm i just look and find this folder in tmuf - take a look :thumbsup:
C:\Program Files (x86)\TmUnitedForever\GameData\Vehicles\Media\Audio\Sound\WavData

9 bucks for a new graphic engine and a new campain and alot new feature that make it alot more fun and easyer, to build tracks for example. we wanted stadium to maniaplanet and we got it :thx:
PC: Amd x2 2500mhz 6gb ddr2 ati 5850 1024mb
best valley clip http://instagram.com/p/bTvCURtPCo/#
really show what valley is about <3
firstdriver

Post by firstdriver »

luftisbollentm2 wrote: 9 bucks for a new graphic engine and a new campain and alot new feature that make it alot more fun and easyer, to build tracks for example. we wanted stadium to maniaplanet and we got it :thx:
You said it :D :D :D
luftisbollentm2 wrote:This works in canyon , don´t know about stadium but it should be the same :)
i have copy created a folder "engine" in my skin file "car.zip" and i can have what ever sound i want
If you dont have a car.zip file just save your car skin in the painter...
all those files are in the mapp "engine" so make/find your own sounds ^^
Engine/*.*

Code: Select all

loop_10000Rpm_throttle_engine.wav
loop_10000Rpm_throttle_exhaust.wav
loop_2500Rpm_release_engine.wav
loop_2500Rpm_release_exhaust.wav
loop_3750Rpm_release_exhaust.wav
loop_3750Rpm_throttle_engine.wav
loop_3750Rpm_throttle_exhaust.wav
loop_5000Rpm_release_exhaust.wav
loop_5000Rpm_throttle_engine.wav
loop_5000Rpm_throttle_exhaust.wav
loop_6250Rpm_release_exhaust.wav
loop_6250Rpm_throttle_engine.wav
loop_6250Rpm_throttle_exhaust.wav
loop_7500Rpm_release_exhaust.wav
loop_7500Rpm_throttle_engine.wav
loop_7500Rpm_throttle_exhaust.wav
loop_8750Rpm_release_exhaust.wav
loop_8750Rpm_throttle_engine.wav
loop_8750Rpm_throttle_exhaust.wav
Yup ... they work in TM2 Stadium too :D
«DD®»ҒirstÐrive२

DDR WEBSITE .. http://www.teamddracing.com/

$i$f10«$ff1ÐÐ$f10®»
GabrielM

Post by GabrielM »

Hey,

About custom engine sounds, here's how it works :

It requires several engine sound loops, at different RPM, and taking into account the RPM value that you fill in your filename, it will pitch the loops to make them match during the transition between two loops.
So if you want an engine to sound good you should fill in the right value, or at least proportionnal values (that sometimes, can be a bit complicated...).
Let's say you have a loop at 2500Rpm and another one at 5000Rpm, even if they are not exactly at 2500 and 5000Rpm, the main frequency from loop5000rpm has to be twice the loop2500Rpm's main frequency. And so on.
If remember correctly in TM²Stadium Rpm goes from 75 (idle) to 11000 (full range, switch gear). But in Canyon (And Valley) it goes from 2500Rpm (idle) to 11000Rpm.

A way to manage to make loops match between each other could be by starting with your "reference loop", let's say the lowest-pitched one (for example 2500Rpm).
1. Drag&drop it to Audacity, and drop the next one also (5000Rpm).
2. Listen to both at the same time, then change the 5000rpm sound's pitch, so that the 2 files sound in tunes, like in a musical way, the same note but an octave higher. (In audacity don't use "Change Pitch" but "Change Speed", it's the same except that change speed is more accurate).
3. Here are two loops working fine together :3

It get's more complicated if you want to add a loop in between, like 7500, that is 1.5 times 5000 and not 2 times like the previous example. You can do it by :
1. Pitching this next loop so it matches 10000Rpm.
2. Writing down the percentage of "speed modification" you had to use to make it work.
3. And then do some simple math to find the right percentage for the desired value (here 7500Rpm).
4. Use this percentage to edit the original file ! Don't try to go backward on an already pitched file, it will ruin it.

Yes that sounds like a lot of work, but this is the complicated way to make a relly clean engine sound, but approximative engine sound, without all those complicated stuffs, can also work, the most important thing is the sound itself (needs to be fun to race with :mrgreen:), and the loops quality (Make sure they loops perfectly, and that there is no little sound that you can distinguish inside the loop, because by looping it can become pretty anoying..)

You can create many loops and fill in their filename what's the loop about :

loop_("xxxxx")Rpm_("throttle" or "release")_("engine", "exhaust" or "body")
"body" is supposed to be the engine sound inside the car, right now in Stadium, it's used for the engine "bass" sound, so i guess it will not be working perfectly as a "body engine sound".
I'll let you know if there are any evolutions on this matter.

_Domi wrote:Engine sound is way too quiet on 5.1 surround system, take a look at that issue please. I have no problems in Forever, but here I can hear engine just on my middle speaker and that is way too quiet.
We are going to take a look at it indeed, thanks for the report _Domi.
SuCCeSSoR-040

Post by SuCCeSSoR-040 »

GabrielM wrote:Hi guys,

Indeed the TM²Stadium entire soundtrack was made by Professor Kliq, you can find his soundcloud here :
https://soundcloud.com/professorkliq

Regarding the StadiumEngine sound it's true it sounds like it stays too long at a high RPM before switching gear, and it is oh so annoying, we are aware of this issue, that if time permit's it, will be enhanced in next update.
You'll forget about it a bit after hours of playing though, but we're not overlooking this issue, in the mean time hold on in there guys :mrgreen:
Sounds are indeed not optimal.
Also when in replay after your set time (and watch your run) it seems the engine sounds even weirder. It's like it is running in a lot less RPM as it does in the race itself. Maybe it's the doppler effect? But I find the replay sounds a bit dissapointing tbh. The race sounds I can live with but please check these replay sounds.
GabrielM

Post by GabrielM »

SuCCeSSoR-040 wrote:Also when in replay after your set time (and watch your run) it seems the engine sounds even weirder.
Actually during the replay, only few sounds are played, i think it's only some drifts and as for the engine sound, only the exhaust loops (the engine is made with 3 type of loops : exhaust, engine, inside perspective/bass).
That's why it sounds a lot poorer. I don't know if there was a reason to that, but this is a known issue, and i can't tell you if this is going to be fixed/changed.
oiram456

Post by oiram456 »

Thanks for the explanation Gabriel! :) i like the new stadium car sounds, but they are annoying while doing donuts :P (This must be fixed ASAP, otherwise i wont have any fun racing in stadium anymore!!!) sarcasm off
Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz | 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V (LGA1155) | 1920x1080@60Hz|2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

The issue seems to be still (or again) there. Custom engine sounds have a much to low volume. :|
Any news on this?
GabrielM

Post by GabrielM »

Well in the older versions, it used to normalize automatically ervery sound loop, making any custom engine sound at a maximum volume, but it was preventing custom engine sound to have any control on the volume of their loops.
Now you have to normalize yourself your loops when you make a custom engine sound, but you can also chose to have less loud audio loops if you want the engine quieter than the throttle, or a quieter sound at a low Rpm for example.

Return to “Trackmania 2”