Blank grey cars in multiplayer?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

broric

Re: Blank grey cars in multiplayer?

Post by broric » 14 Mar 2013, 09:48

zootie wrote:This grey car issue started in December 2012 and never really been resolved. Some say it has, but I cannot confirm this because I tried just about everything.
did you empty out your cache? this fixed the problem for me and others have also told me it worked for them.
My System specs
MB gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3, CPU= Amd Phenom X2 550 OC to 3.3ghz ,GPU- MSI-ATI 6850 Cyclone OC -830 mhz, RAM- 12 gig Kingston Hyper X cl9 DDR3 1600
OS win7 ultimate 64 bit

zootie

Re: Blank grey cars in multiplayer?

Post by zootie » 14 Mar 2013, 20:47

broric wrote:
zootie wrote:This grey car issue started in December 2012 and never really been resolved. Some say it has, but I cannot confirm this because I tried just about everything.
did you empty out your cache? this fixed the problem for me and others have also told me it worked for them.
Yes I did, initially it seemed to have worked, but not really 100%. So I tried a different approach. Cleaned cache, race for a 1/2 hour on my server with other racers. Checked my cache folder and 'some' cars were in the cache folder (so they do download) . But in-game they still showed grey. As for avatars, the only ones that I found in my cache were 512x512 png files, which I could see in-game, others well the normal black and white chessboard.

Could it be compatibility issues ? An example of a car that does show (and i don't have it anywhere in my maniaplanet folders) is the Lada Taxi . ( guess it's this one http://www.maniapark.com/ressource.php?id=451 ) I asked the player if he uses a locator and he said no. So he downloaded it and it was P2P me no problems.

Then I tried another player with a Ferrari.. we both put the same car into our custom car folders and still I could not see his skin. But the car is Canyon compatible.

Hope this info helps a bit... if more tests are needed I'm willing to help :3

Return to “Trackmania 2”