Stadium eSport Development

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Miraculix123

Stadium eSport Development

Post by Miraculix123 » 21 Mar 2013, 15:00

Since it's beta and the game is fully in developing i tought it might be good to create a thread for pure esport cause.
So i would like you to write down your tought to the developers about esport and what you think and hope to be improved compared to TMN/TMUF.

Also a place where you can ask "game!" (not player) related eSport questions to clarify the goal for better eSport.

So if you have any toughts or questions for the developers, heres the thread! :D

FrostBeule

Re: Stadium eSport Development

Post by FrostBeule » 21 Mar 2013, 23:15

some stuff I'd like to see:

- Have a clearer marketing-idea of what TrackMania as an esport should be. I believe a successful esport should be easily defined, which I don't feel is the case with TM. It's simply too divided, confusing and there's not a shared goal. I think Canyon hurt us a lot, and as a result, our position in esports has dwindled significantly over the last couple of years.

- An improved cup mode. I go into detail as to why and how it could be improved in this topic: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 70&t=17609

- Have the red/blue check-point indicator in the middle of the screen be removed in rounds/team/cup mode as it's not necessary information and is only distracting. The easy solution is to just disable the hud, but some of us still like to see the current standings as that is actual valuable information.

- Increase the possibility to customize certain aspects of the game such as the hud and the camera.

- Improved Spectator-mode. Visible drift-marks, better cameras etc.

- A better co-operation between the esports-community and Nadeo.

+ a lot more I can't think of right now of the top of my head. But I feel like this game still got a lot of potential left in it. It just need the some proper prioritization from the developers, and the passion to see an esports racing game rise to the top (which might be what's missing to be honest).

hackie

Post by hackie » 21 Mar 2013, 23:39

Looks like ESL opens his doors for Stadium again :

http://mania-actu.com/eng/articles/view ... n/#content
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11

Rasque
Translator
Translator

Post by Rasque » 22 Mar 2013, 00:40

Not 'again', but for the whole TM2 (canyon, stadium, later valley) :)

And we still waiting for participants for the grand opening cup for this Friday! :yes:

http://www.esl.eu/eu/tm2_stadium/news/217213/

And we have a Nadeo ladder. http://www.esl.eu/eu/tm2_stadium/1on1/nadeo/ladder/

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis » 22 Mar 2013, 09:26

FB wrote:It just need the some proper prioritization from the developers, and the passion to see an esports racing game rise to the top (which might be what's missing to be honest).
And to avoid to listen to a player that is capable to say that the devs probably have no passion to see a racing title rise to the top of esport even though they went to many events and helped them happen since seven years and made a game for it, a major update and now a new version. That would be a big +1 for the eSport of Trackmania. :thx:

He has hurt much more the thing than anybody else here by trying to divide people and be negative on nearly every post. But I think that he just want to be first on that as well.

For positive players, let's meet at the ManiaGala that we are organizing, with the prior release TM² Stadium to enable to have it on the party!

TheM

Post by TheM » 22 Mar 2013, 10:07

Hylis wrote:For positive players, let's meet at the ManiaGala that we are organizing, with the prior release TM² Stadium to enable to have it on the party!
Nice to see you promote ManiaGala, but I think it's needed to have a proper discussion about this stuff on this forum, as this is the place where everyone can be present.
Not everyone will be able to go to that ManiaGala somewhere in France, so ... ;)
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).

Alinoa
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Alinoa » 22 Mar 2013, 10:16

Hey nice to see a ESL Opening Cup on TM² Stadium :yes:
I wrote this information in the new topic centralising events on TM² Stadium :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

FrostBeule

Post by FrostBeule » 22 Mar 2013, 10:18

Hylis wrote:And to avoid to listen to a player that is capable to say that the devs probably have no passion to see a racing title rise to the top of esport even though they went to many events and helped them happen since seven years and made a game for it, a major update and now a new version. That would be a big +1 for the eSport of Trackmania. :thx:

Absolutely, and that's great to see. But the fact is that through freezone, and then also how you wrongfully tried to replace Nations with Canyon in esports, that hurt us a lot as an esport which doesn't make sense if you want to see Stadium be a major esport at the same time. And the fact is also that lately you have mostly been focusing on ShootMania when it comes to esports, and in a Fragster.de interview, you even pointed at not supporting Stadium the same way you do with ShootMania in esports.
But that you are bringing back Stadium is at least a good first step, I agree on that. But it's definitely not convincing me that you now have a passion for seeing it happen simply based on previous actions and what you've said in the past about the game.
Hylis wrote:He has hurt much more the thing than anybody else here by trying to divide people and be negative on nearly every post. But I think that he just want to be first on that as well.
Now, this is just unfair to say. Just because I have different opinions from you doesn't mean that I want to hurt anyone. When I say we are divided, it's not something I just make up to be negative. The reality is that in esports, the position of TM has fallen a lot lately, and I think it's because of the situation we have been put in with having multiple TM games basically competing with each-other. And once Valley hits the market I suspect this will only get worse.
This isn't constructive to a future sustainable esport within TrackMania.
TheM wrote:
Hylis wrote:For positive players, let's meet at the ManiaGala that we are organizing, with the prior release TM² Stadium to enable to have it on the party!
Nice to see you promote ManiaGala, but I think it's needed to have a proper discussion about this stuff on this forum, as this is the place where everyone can be present.
Not everyone will be able to go to that ManiaGala somewhere in France, so ...
+1. Also, from my experience in the past, these discussions are only open for people that speak French sadly.

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis » 22 Mar 2013, 11:23

FB wrote: "you wrongfully tried to replace Nations with Canyon"
you always see divisions when I see additions, minus and plus will probably never understand each other. Black and White, Ying and Yang, down and up etc. One is defined by the opposite of the other, I should not try to convince you to see that it is positive to have more people, more games. I should not try to convince you that Shootmania is doing much better for eSport for Stadium than it would be without. You would not like to see it, because it looks that you think that Shootmania is also something negative for Stadium.

Better to do the event in France than in Sweden. We know the place, we know how it can be well used. There is an amphithater decicated to Maniaplanet and 200 players with their own PC. France success brought you many things, french community as well. Stop to see it as something negative, but as positive, again. It would be cool to have events like that in other places, but it is better that there is one in France more than nothing.

eSport on racing has more chance of becoming big when spectating eSport will be big. People do not play in racing club so much as in team based or 1vs1 disciplines. So, if the channels of eSport (and not of one game) becomes big and bigger, they will look for pure cool eSport to watch, and racing is part of the big sports in that area. Twitch is a big +, but it is not because there are skidmarks or not that racing will become in a much bigger scale. The best chance is the competition tab inside the game, pick up cups, much more players, maybe team matchmaking for TM or else. And as importantly as all this, positive and constructive players! And we are doing our best for all of this.

FrostBeule

Post by FrostBeule » 22 Mar 2013, 12:13

Hylis wrote:FB wrote: "you wrongfully tried to replace Nations with Canyon"
you always see divisions when I see additions, minus and plus will probably never understand each other. Black and White, Ying and Yang, down and up etc. One is defined by the opposite of the other, I should not try to convince you to see that it is positive to have more people, more games.
I don't always see "divisions", but I do when it comes to TrackMania in esports. And I'm far from the only one. I think the reality speaks for itself in this matter.
Hylis wrote:I should not try to convince you that Shootmania is doing much better for eSport for Stadium than it would be without. You would not like to see it, because it looks that you think that Shootmania is also something negative for Stadium.
Sure some people that play ShootMania will probably try out Stadium, and that's great of course. But from what you wrote in the fragster interview, it sounded like you wouldn't support Stadium the same way you do with ShootMania in esports which I think is unfortunate.
Hylis wrote:Better to do the event in France than in Sweden. We know the place, we know how it can be well used. There is an amphithater decicated to Maniaplanet and 200 players with their own PC. France success brought you many things, french community as well. Stop to see it as something negative, but as positive, again. It would be cool to have events like that in other places, but it is better that there is one in France more than nothing.
I'm not sure what this reference to, but I assume it is to where I wrote the discussion would be in French...? Because I haven't written anything negative about the fact that you will be holding an event in France. And why would I even? I love France!
All I meant was that just because it's in France doesn't mean this discussion needs to be in French. There's a lot of international players attending the event, and their opinions are valued too, even the so called "negative" ones (that comes with constructive feedback) you keep mentioning.
Hylis wrote:eSport on racing has more chance of becoming big when spectating eSport will be big. People do not play in racing club so much as in team based or 1vs1 disciplines. So, if the channels of eSport (and not of one game) becomes big and bigger, they will look for pure cool eSport to watch, and racing is part of the big sports in that area. Twitch is a big +, but it is not because there are skidmarks or not that racing will become in a much bigger scale. The best chance is the competition tab inside the game, pick up cups, much more players, maybe team matchmaking for TM or else. And as importantly as all this, positive and constructive players! And we are doing our best for all of this.
I think the reason why racing hasn't had a breakthrough in esports yet is because there's not really been much development for it. I mean you guys are pretty much sitting alone with this game of yours, and has so for many years. There's not really any competition between developers and that's why the progress is very slow and not much has happened.
I still see great potential in an esports racing game. And Stadium - although a great game - still lacks a lot of polish to it.
Everything is important and should not be underestimated when it comes to making an esports game.

Return to “Trackmania 2”