What new Environment would you like to see?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Demented

Re: What new Environment would you like to see?

Post by Demented » 05 May 2013, 16:29

Besides fast motorcycles and water tunnels, what kind of blocks would an "Ocean" environment have in it? It really needs a good number of Blocks and a few Styles to actually become an environment.

Also, it wasn't mentioned before this but there was a Snow (Alpine) environment in the Original TM series that was fun but a reworked Snow and Ice env. with better physics would be a blast. A little more traction maybe and a bit of banking on the corners.
Last edited by Demented on 05 May 2013, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

TheM

Post by TheM » 05 May 2013, 16:35

I'd like to have Valley as an environment.
Not sure how it would look like, maybe like in the videos already released? ^^
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).

Demented

Post by Demented » 05 May 2013, 17:01

:roflol:

wiidesire-2

Post by wiidesire-2 » 05 May 2013, 18:50

this is actually a real coincidence, them. I just clicked on this thread and wanted to write almost the same thing and then I read your post and I was like :yes: :yes: I am not the only one desperately waiting vor Valley :clap:
Picture/Video/Article Collection Topics:
TM2 Canyon | TM2 Valley| TM2 Stadium| SM Storm
My Computer: http://www.sysprofile.de/id172680
2010 I was 7th of the world in TMUF :)

Bramble

Post by Bramble » 05 May 2013, 22:38

Valley. :0010
Image [CMC]Bramble

TheM

Post by TheM » 05 May 2013, 23:11

wiidesire-2 wrote:this is actually a real coincidence, them. I just clicked on this thread and wanted to write almost the same thing and then I read your post and I was like :yes: :yes: I am not the only one desperately waiting vor Valley :clap:
I'm sure we aren't the only two ... ^^
We'll just have to remember this: "It's done when it's done." (TM)
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).

zarexz

Post by zarexz » 06 May 2013, 07:26

Of course we all want Valley too, but that's allready comming for sure. So, there's nothing to fantasize about that anymore. This topic is beyond Valley :thx:

Demented

Post by Demented » 06 May 2013, 14:05

Yes, I too am desperately waiting for Valley and in part I started this topic to distract from that but I really prefer this not become a "Why isn't Valley here yet" topic.

There are a lot of cool and creative things that can be done in the future of TM and a lot of creative people in this community that can offer Nadeo some ideas to consider for up coming titles. This is the true reason for this topic. What do we like? What do we not like? What do we want? What would make it different or better? That's the stuff that sets Trackmania apart from other racing games.
I still like to play racing games where you are bumping and banging against other cars to get to the finish line and will continue to play them as new ones come and go but in the end I always find myself back in Trackmania because it's the best Driving Game / Track Editor out there. The replay value is what makes TM so great and for me a huge part of the replay value is in the editors.
So what's next? Snow? Sand? Mud? Rocks? Castle Walls?

I would like to see and option when you start the editor and select a time of day mood to also select from two or three vehicle types for the track each with a unique physics model. With three different vehicles to choose from for each environment it would expand the way you build and race a track. Maybe choose one with a lot of grip for fast acceleration and cornering or choose one that feels heavier and drifts easily or one that is a balance of both. The physics are as big a part of a new environment as the graphics.
Let's say we get a new environment called Jungle and it's got water, mud, gravel, tarmac and stone roads. Now, what if while entering the editor you could choose from an Off-Road Buggy, a Trophy Truck or a Rally Car, you build your track using that vehicle for testing and that would be the default vehicle used for the saved track? Taking that even one step further what if you could choose one of the three vehicles to race the finished track with based on how much road, dirt or water there is on the track?

Alter-Fox

Post by Alter-Fox » 06 May 2013, 16:24

Jungle... yum. Lots of meat, lots to eat. And lots of chaotic stuff to crash cars through! Clear-cut? ick.
Could be graphics-heavy though.

I'd love to see a (non-stadium, drome, arena, or anything like that) environment that's unambiguously set outside of the Northern Hemisphere. Amazon jungle (with trees that send armies of ants to kill you if you get too close to them!), African savannah, Australian Outback... Antarctica :P. Space would theoretically count too. A Martian environment (desert), a Europan or Tritonian environment (snow), umm... I can't think of any extraterrestrial places that would fit Rally, Island, Coast, or Bay, probably because there aren't any. That we know of. Maybe Puuma Sphere or Tiris... but that's somebody else's copyright.

I think I've said that paragraph before. Maybe even in this thread.
Last edited by Alter-Fox on 06 May 2013, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I picked it up, and then I was a panther.
Beware my original music at https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com, & https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Demented

Post by Demented » 06 May 2013, 16:43

Some great ideas. Thanks for the feedback.
I especially like the ideas of the Ausi outback and Antarctica. Those are new ideas (kind of) that I've thought about too.

Return to “Trackmania 2”