Trackmania² Stadium

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

User avatar
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo
Posts: 3958
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 11:58

Re: Trackmania² Stadium

Post by Hylis » 01 Jul 2013, 21:25

eyebo wrote:
Yoram wrote:Actually this is just totally the same as the old Stadium , but now instead of being free it costs 10 euros.
On the surface that may seem true. However, dig deeper. There's new blocks, new editor and gamemode tools, better graphics, a new solo campaign, custom object import, and more. I spent $22 to get a better version of Stadium in 2007, as it was part of TMU. I don't regret it for a minute. And I've gladly done it again. This time it's only $10. A steal.
Can I add that there are some updated textures, new moods, sounds, musics, real time buddy chat, solo campaign official record hosting as well as buddy notification of records, online new map formats for multiplayer with lightning, clouding of profile, auto-update system, advanced dedicated manager, improved mediatracker (see tomorrow for the undo/redo ^_^), improved player page, car damages for custom models, maniacredits (ok, some would debate) but title packs with clouding, custom ladders, datas, maniascript, milliseconds and probably dozens of little additions there or there, especially if we go in detail of the map editor

There are still remaining troubles, I admit, but this is why we continu to work. In fact, there are years of work of the Nadeo team, and selling the titles is a way to continously support this, as well as keeping your acquisitions up to date, like for Canyon.

I hope it is more clear. Think of Forever, after United, after ESWC, but in a simplier and cheaper way or no limitation as in free version with the freezones or custom models etc. It has a single name and a single price: Trackmania² Stadium.

User avatar
weerwolf
Posts: 630
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 21:21
Location: Wijchen, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Trackmania² Stadium

Post by weerwolf » 01 Jul 2013, 21:40

Besides of all the actual changes made, what once was given, is never a promise for life.
Your parents did not gave you allowance until your 8 year. 'No, you wont get it now, because you
never had it'. :mrgreen:

ShaunO
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 Jul 2013, 23:44

Re: Trackmania² Stadium

Post by ShaunO » 01 Jul 2013, 23:45

With Valley & Canyon are ladder rankings shared with Stadium or are they 3 separate ladders?

User avatar
steeffeen
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2472
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 16:22
Location: Germany

Re: Trackmania² Stadium

Post by steeffeen » 01 Jul 2013, 23:55

ShaunO wrote:With Valley & Canyon are ladder rankings shared with Stadium or are they 3 separate ladders?
each title has its own ranking
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

    ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

    User avatar
    Whitestar
    Posts: 162
    Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 01:08

    Re: Trackmania² Stadium

    Post by Whitestar » 02 Jul 2013, 00:55

    TGYoshi wrote:
    Whitestar wrote:
    TGYoshi wrote:http://i.imgur.com/Zmy7u2t.jpg
    Could bring some cool maps using such mixes besides the non-mixed variant.
    Cool! That U-turn at the top of the image, which blocks are you mixing there?
    Banked turns.
    Still can't figure out how you did this:
    Image

    The turn that the arrow points to. Looks like it's going smooth downhill all the way in the turn. Or is the image lying? Is there not a smooth transition? Which blocks did you use?

    Oh and thanks a lot for MapEdit!! Great block mixing tool! :thumbsup:

    User avatar
    Khan_Cipher
    Posts: 7
    Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:55

    Re: Trackmania² Stadium

    Post by Khan_Cipher » 02 Jul 2013, 03:29

    eyebo wrote:On the surface that may seem true. However, dig deeper. There's new blocks,
    yay... to avoid it being called a "repackaged" game, nadeo just decided to add new blocks to an environment that really had nothing wrong with it...
    eyebo wrote:new editor and gamemode tools,

    i honestly think you're overestimating how often those "tools" will get used. Also the editor was made for maniaplanet, do you honestly think that's part of the $10 cost?
    eyebo wrote:better graphics,

    telling me better graphics are a good thing for tm2s is like telling me graphics are 60% of the game experience.
    eyebo wrote:a new solo campaign,

    since when did it cost money to make tracks? (and don't try to say that electricity is needed to make tracks, and that needs money. that would be a low blow to try to defend that)
    eyebo wrote:custom object import,

    last i knew, hardly anyone uses it because of how funky it is to get it to work and make sure everyone that plays a track that uses it has it before playing it.
    eyebo wrote:I spent $22 to get a better version of Stadium in 2007, as it was part of TMU.
    1. TMU was 7 environments united together under one master server
    2. i honestly think that you'd never spend 22$ for just a "better" version of stadium (which was later invalid by the forever update)
    eyebo wrote:This time it's only $10. A steal.
    except now you spent $10 for ONE environment that was already made.

    Sorry, but now tm2s has the "we're low on money, but we don't want to say anything about it" smell all over it. Don't try to convince me otherwise, i've seen it happen in f2p games where devs keep betting on the "fanboys" that keep rushing to their defense (if i had a penny every time someone said "but it's a beta"), and i'm not about to say it only happens with f2p games (well... i'd count tmn/tmnf as f2p).
    Another thing to remember is that this is a public forum and if you express an opinion, others will disagree with you. They aren't being trolls; they simply have different opinions, and theirs are just as valid as yours.

    User avatar
    Trackmaniack
    Posts: 2137
    Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 16:16
    Location: Iowa City, IA
    Contact:

    Re: Trackmania² Stadium

    Post by Trackmaniack » 02 Jul 2013, 03:58

    Oh boy. Here we go. :roll:
    Khan_Cipher wrote:yay... to avoid it being called a "repackaged" game, nadeo just decided to add new blocks to an environment that really had nothing wrong with it...
    And what are they supposed to do? If you ignore the calls of your fans, you'll piss them off. Apparently, even if you cater to the whims of your fans, they're still pissed off. Sounds like Nadeo didn't give you what you wanted, or enough of it, and now you're whining.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:i honestly think you're overestimating how often those "tools" will get used. Also the editor was made for maniaplanet, do you honestly think that's part of the $10 cost?
    Yes. And you're polling every user of Trackmania, now Maniaplanet, to see how often they use each tool? I'd like to see the metrics for that.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:telling me better graphics are a good thing for tm2s is like telling me graphics are 60% of the game experience.
    Telling me that a game like this isn't built on visuals as much as gameplay when they have an integrated white-box Mediatracker right in the game itself stinks of the most reeking load of dung that I've ever heard, and I've heard a lot of whoppers on these forums.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:since when did it cost money to make tracks? (and don't try to say that electricity is needed to make tracks, and that needs money. that would be a low blow to try to defend that)
    What? Are you serious right now? EVERYTHING that goes into this game costs money. It takes time for them to build tracks, aka time in the office, where they are WORKING, which costs money. Have you ever had a job?
    Khan_Cipher wrote:last i knew, hardly anyone uses it because of how funky it is to get it to work and make sure everyone that plays a track that uses it has it before playing it.
    Which is why they keep improving upon it when people use it and provide feedback, this isn't rocket-science here.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:1. TMU was 7 environments united together under one master server
    2. i honestly think that you'd never spend 22$ for just a "better" version of stadium (which was later invalid by the forever update)
    1. What's your point?
    2. He would, and so would I, and what part of it exactly was invalidated by the "Forever" update?
    Khan_Cipher wrote:except now you spent $10 for ONE environment that was already made.
    Tell me, what other racing game out there that provides this level of variety is 10 bucks? That gives you remarkable visuals, a track editor, a replay editor, a car editor, and everything else in it, for 10 bucks? iRacing? Nope. GTR? Nope. NFS? Hell naw. Try again.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:Sorry, but now tm2s has the "we're low on money, but we don't want to say anything about it" smell all over it. Don't try to convince me otherwise, i've seen it happen in f2p games where devs keep betting on the "fanboys" that keep rushing to their defense (if i had a penny every time someone said "but it's a beta"), and i'm not about to say it only happens with f2p games (well... i'd count tmn/tmnf as f2p).
    Sorry, but now you have the "but nobody's listening to meee! I want more attention!" smell all over you. Don't try to convince me otherwise, I've seen your type in forums all over the web.

    Oops. That wasn't very nice of me was it? Well, I call it like I see it, and I see you as a rather acute sufferer of "small-dog syndrome." Just play the game, bro. Or don't. But don't whine to us about how much it sucks. If you have legitimate criticism, then phrase it in a way that people will listen to you, rather than just bitching about how much you think Nadeo's putting new shiny on an old game to take people's money. That's going to fall on deaf ears here.
    WIP

    serujio
    Posts: 220
    Joined: 08 Jan 2012, 22:12
    Location: Brazil

    Re: Trackmania² Stadium

    Post by serujio » 02 Jul 2013, 04:10

    Khan_Cipher wrote:
    Sorry, but now tm2s has the "we're low on money, but we don't want to say anything about it" smell all over it
    if they asked for donations to keep the game alive do you think players would donate? Of course the majority would not do it.

    I think it is selfish to complain so loudly about paying for Stadium, the game you will play, or already played for so long, without paying anything, or paying not much.

    People should try to understand other points of view and not be so simplistic.

    I wanted Stadium 2 to be free, but not because I don´t want to pay for it, but because it would be easier to push it into esports and bring more players to grow this competitive side of the game, which is what I like most about it. But if they can´t do it, I won´t be complaining like I´m being stolen by having to pay for it.

    User avatar
    eyebo
    Translator
    Translator
    Posts: 3123
    Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 12:01
    Contact:

    Re: Trackmania² Stadium

    Post by eyebo » 02 Jul 2013, 06:49

    Khan_Cipher wrote:
    eyebo wrote:On the surface that may seem true. However, dig deeper. There's new blocks,
    yay... to avoid it being called a "repackaged" game, nadeo just decided to add new blocks to an environment that really had nothing wrong with it...
    I think most Stadium builders would disagree with you on the point that Stadium didn't need new blocks. But don't take my word for it. Look at topics like this one: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 70#p174870
    Khan_Cipher wrote:
    eyebo wrote:new editor and gamemode tools,

    i honestly think you're overestimating how often those "tools" will get used. Also the editor was made for maniaplanet, do you honestly think that's part of the $10 cost?
    If I pay $10 for TM2S... it comes with the editor. So yeah, it's part of the $10 I paid since I'm not getting it free. Regarding the TM2 specific features of the track editor, yes I do think they get used. Copy/paste and macroblocks are something I use every time I use the editor. And I'm excited to hear MediaTracker will have undo/redo. That's something that I will use a lot, as I spend a considerable amount of my ManiaPlanet time in the MediaTracker.

    Speaking of MediaTracker, something that gets very little attention is the custom camera interpolation in TM2. It's way smoother than in TMF, and this makes it a breeze for video makers to make smooth and great looking cameras. It's perhaps one of my favorite features of the game. Anyone who has done MediaTracker work in both games knows what I'm talking about.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:
    eyebo wrote:better graphics,

    telling me better graphics are a good thing for tm2s is like telling me graphics are 60% of the game experience.
    Aren't they? 8-) Actually, I sort of agree with you there. I build and drive in TM2 on the fastest setting because I prefer racing with a really nice framerate. The game still looks good enough to be enjoyable.

    But where the superior graphics come in is when I go to make screenshots and video. It's a creative part of the game that's just as important as any other, and I'm appreciative that I can really crank up the graphics and getting some stunning visuals. So for that aspect, yes... I think the better graphics are totally worth it.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:
    eyebo wrote:a new solo campaign,

    since when did it cost money to make tracks? (and don't try to say that electricity is needed to make tracks, and that needs money. that would be a low blow to try to defend that)
    Nadeo employs a level designer to create a professional track campaign that introduces people to the environment in a progressive way. Of course electricity isn't needed to design tracks! You just need a candle, a pencil, and some paper... and an intimate knowledge of the blocks and physics. Of course to build what you've designed you need some electricity.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:
    eyebo wrote:custom object import,

    last i knew, hardly anyone uses it because of how funky it is to get it to work and make sure everyone that plays a track that uses it has it before playing it.
    I personally wouldn't call object import to be mainstream. Of course a lot of people don't use it. But there are a lot of people who do use it, and it's gaining momentum. Go ask some guys who play the WTC or Stunters title pack if they think custom object import is unimportant. I'm sure they'd tell you how much it's enhanced the gameplay in those title packs they play quite a lot.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:
    eyebo wrote:I spent $22 to get a better version of Stadium in 2007, as it was part of TMU.
    1. TMU was 7 environments united together under one master server
    2. i honestly think that you'd never spend 22$ for just a "better" version of stadium (which was later invalid by the forever update)
    Actually, back then I was very interested in the new Stadium, as it had dirt... something that TMN lacked. Of course the other environments also attracted me to it. I loved the Island physics very early on. But ultimately I paid $22 and Stadium was part of the price. By the way, it was on sale. TMU was actually $40 at the time. So I was quite happy to get it for $22.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:
    eyebo wrote:This time it's only $10. A steal.
    except now you spent $10 for ONE environment that was already made.
    I would have gladly paid more. But I'd say $10 was a good price point considering it is indeed a classic environment.

    I bought it because it's more useful to me than the old Stadium. I'll enjoy making videos in it more. I'll enjoy building it in it more. And I want to be part of the new community that forms around it.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:Sorry, but now tm2s has the "we're low on money, but we don't want to say anything about it" smell all over it.
    Really? I thought it had the "we don't want to see TrackMania in eSports die, so we're bringing back Stadium" smell all over it.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:Don't try to convince me otherwise,
    I've given up long ago trying to convince people in discussions such as this. I reply, not out of a sense that I might change your mind or change your opinion... but simply out of a desire to state my own.
    Khan_Cipher wrote:i've seen it happen in f2p games where devs keep betting on the "fanboys" that keep rushing to their defense (if i had a penny every time someone said "but it's a beta"),
    Are you calling me a fanboy? Let's get one thing straight. I defend when I see someone or some thing I perceive to be unfairly accused. This extends way beyond gaming and the internet. That doesn't make me a fanboy. It makes me human. I still see Nadeo's faults and the games' faults. But I choose to see the glass half full, and look at the good things we get. Life is more enjoyable that way.

    Whether you want to say "it's a beta" or "it's in development", certainly the later applies to ManiaPlanet. I don't see this as a negative thing. Quite the contrary. It means things will continue to be improved, and they have.

    It's a very interesting and exciting process to be a part of. And it means that any problems we might run across do not have to be accepted as something that will never change. We can do something about it. We can report it and quite probably see a fix at some point.
    My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

    For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit

    reaby
    Posts: 970
    Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 23:26
    Location: Eastern Finland
    Contact:

    Re: Trackmania² Stadium

    Post by reaby » 02 Jul 2013, 07:12

    :pop:

    Post Reply

    Return to “Trackmania 2”

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest