Easier way to insert block images in forum

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Whitestar

Re: Easier way to insert block images in forum

Post by Whitestar » 07 Jul 2013, 11:41

I can put the TF blocks and the items in as well. How should I label them though?

I for Items or O for Objects? TF for TerraForming?

Format examples:
TM2V-O1-4 or TM2VO1-4 or TM2V-I1-4 or TM2VI1-4
TM2C-TF2 or TM2CTF-2

Personally I vote for TM2CTF-2 and TM2VI1-4, since it's the word "Item" that is used in the game (Item Mode).

All 3 environments have this Item Mode, but it's only Valley that has any actual items there. Do you know if Nadeo plans to release official items for Canyon and Stadium as well?

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 07 Jul 2013, 14:00

at least the option is there in the editor. The question is rather if there is any difference in the handling.
Go for TF and I :thumbsup:
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.
Bug/crash? Please report here, also try the current debug version.

System specs: i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia GTX 970, SB X-Fi, 2xSSD

Demented

Post by Demented » 07 Jul 2013, 15:19

Whitestar wrote:Personally I vote for TM2CTF-2 and TM2VI1-4, since it's the word "Item" that is used in the game (Item Mode).
You have a good knack for keeping the system effective and easy to use. I think your suggestion would work just fine. I don't recall anyone referencing the 'terraforming' or 'item' blocks in forums before but they might.
If users add custom objects then Nadeo later add official objects does that change the menu item number? I mean will numbers end up different in indevidual users editors?
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 16GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 07 Jul 2013, 16:13

just today there was such a reference where the "Forest overlay" block was mentioned ;)
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.
Bug/crash? Please report here, also try the current debug version.

System specs: i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia GTX 970, SB X-Fi, 2xSSD

Whitestar

Post by Whitestar » 07 Jul 2013, 16:34

Demented wrote: If users add custom objects then Nadeo later add official objects does that change the menu item number? I mean will numbers end up different in indevidual users editors?
That's a good question.

Whitestar

Post by Whitestar » 18 Jul 2013, 01:59

OP updated. At the very top.

Just a small update. Terraforming blocks and item blocks available. I went for an even easier solution. TM2ST4 and TM2VI1-3, as examples.

So just T for Terraforming and I for Item.

Demented

Post by Demented » 19 Oct 2014, 14:42

I just wanted to bump this topic to the top since it has been over a year since it was updated.
I think this is a great tool for people to use to describe and explain things with and want to remind people to use it.
Thanks again to Whitestar for creating it.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 16GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Whitestar

Post by Whitestar » 07 Sep 2017, 09:52

Not sure if anyone has noticed (and not sure if anyone cares :)), but my linked images aren't displaying anymore. Which means this whole thing is a no go at the moment.

It finally happened, what I feared. Photobucket has changed their subscription plans. No more free image hosting. Their are now charging a mind blowing, brain frying, heart attack inducing $400 for 3rd party hosting!!!

Yes, you read that right. $400 for one year. For a service that used to be free. I don't mind them charging a little, of course. But $400!! Come on, that's ridiculous! OK, it's not ridiculous for what you get maybe, but for my small usage it's totally out of the question.

Ok, enough rants. I'll have to start using another site for image hosting. Does anyone have suggestion? It doesn't have to be free, as long as the price is reasonable and the service good.

Miss

Post by Miss » 07 Sep 2017, 13:19

Imgur, free.

Or, if you really want to, you can get your own hosting. :P
:thx: Nimz eSports
Image Openplanet, an alternative scripting platform.

Whitestar

Post by Whitestar » 07 Sep 2017, 14:41

Miss wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 13:19
Or, if you really want to, you can get your own hosting. :P
Was actually thinking about that. Du you mean get a homepage/site?

I don't think Imgur would be suitable for this thing here, because I think they use randomized/encrypted URLs. And it says this in their terms and service:
Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.

Return to “Trackmania 2”