Easier way to insert block images in forum

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Xymph

Re: Easier way to insert block images in forum

Post by Xymph » 07 Sep 2017, 14:48

Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Demented

Post by Demented » 07 Sep 2017, 14:51

Also it's just a matter of time before they (imgur) start charging too and everything becomes broken once again.
I wish NADEO could provide a permanent place for things like this that are very useful for these forums.
Good luck. I hope you are able to find a good solution.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 16GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Miss

Post by Miss » 07 Sep 2017, 16:05

Whitestar wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 14:41
Miss wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 13:19
Or, if you really want to, you can get your own hosting. :P
Was actually thinking about that. Du you mean get a homepage/site?

I don't think Imgur would be suitable for this thing here, because I think they use randomized/encrypted URLs. And it says this in their terms and service:
Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.
Oh wow, they're pretty serious about that stuff, which is fair.. :D I guess it is a little bit different than just hotlinking screenshots and such.

And yes, just get your own hosting, your own domain etc. Depending on what you want, it can be relatively cheap.
:thx: Nimz eSports
Image Openplanet, an alternative scripting platform.

Whitestar

Post by Whitestar » 12 Sep 2017, 11:33

Miss wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 16:05
And yes, just get your own hosting, your own domain etc. Depending on what you want, it can be relatively cheap.
I honestly am very unfamiliar with this stuff. What are we talking about here? Getting a domain and setting up everything manually, or using a service ala wix.com? I already have a homepage at wix.com, but I don't think they support hotlinking. At least I haven't figured out how to do it.
Thanks for your help. :)

Miss

Post by Miss » 12 Sep 2017, 12:56

I don't know anything about Wix. I'm talking about self-hosting, yes. You can rent a dediserver or a VPS for pretty cheap and get a domain to point to that server. You'd need to know how to sysadmin though.. Also, not all dedi/vps servers come with "unlimited" bandwidth, so you'll have to make sure you get the right one.
:thx: Nimz eSports
Image Openplanet, an alternative scripting platform.

Return to “Trackmania 2”