Easier way to insert block images in forum

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Whitestar

Re: Easier way to insert block images in forum

Post by Whitestar »

I decided to use Photobucket since the paths don't change there.
The block thread will be this one: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20754

TMarc, did you mean that I should display all blocks in that thread? Please note that it doesn't seem possible to right click on an image and copy the URL. Not sure if that was what you meant people should do.

Edit: Never mind. I found out now that you can right click, select Properties and then get the URL.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

good :thumbsup:
And it's not what I meant, does'nt matter much anymore actually.

But you might want to split the messages, e.g. according to block groups, as it is very tough for the forum software, and therefore also for the visitors to load the hundreads of images at once, if they are all put in one or two message.

I think it would be better have a external website where you link to the images,
and where the width is not restricted like the forum is here ;)
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

tmarc, why there should be a list with all blocks, if URL is always the same anyway?
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Personally I don't necessary need all the images in one thread, just the URL is enough fior using it in the forum, of course :thumbsup:
But I think it is a good idea to have a complete overview somewhere. If you could add the internal name which is shown by the lastblock plugin, this would be perfect ;)
And it will help to understand the naming scheme for the new users 8-)
Whitestar

Post by Whitestar »

TMarc wrote:If you could add the internal name which is shown by the lastblock plugin, this would be perfect ;)
Hmmm, not sure what you mean by this. Could you give an example? Excuse me if I'm slow. :)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

In the editor, there is a plugin called LatestBlocks, that shows the names of the last 5 blocks you have been using in a small popup on the left upper side of the screen:
These names are especially usefull for modding the textures, and they give more speaking names than just the numbers.
For the linking in the forum, they are not really necessary, but the Nadeo developers rather know those names ;)
Whitestar

Post by Whitestar »

Wow, you're starting to demand a lot. :lol:

I guess for completeness sake it would be good to have those names. But I won't promise anything, because this would involve a lot of extra work. I wonder if it's worth the effort. I think those number references should be enough to begin with really. I'll think about it, and maybe start on that after I have got all the block images done. That's really the tedious and boring part, but thankfully takes only a couple of hours per environment due to use of some clever tools. 8-)

I'm not really sure where else I would upload those images. If I reduce the size to about 75% and use 1 block group per post, will that be to heavy also? It would be 20 posts just for Stadium and Canyon.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

it was only an idea, not a requirement ;)
Just keep it in mind for later perhaps.

I think if you already use one message per set, you don't need to resize. The symbols are already small enough.
Whitestar

Post by Whitestar »

By the way, do you know if a list of all those block names exists, or will I have to pull them from the game?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

unfortunately I don't know at the moment, there might have been a list somewhere, but either I don't find the link or it doesn't exist.

Return to “Trackmania 2”