Valley needs a demo

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

sebik

Re: Valley needs a demo

Post by sebik »

+1

Players should be able to test the car handling and decide whether it's their cup of tea. Of course it may discourage some people from buying the game, but also can convice others to do so.

I see two ways it could work:
1. Free weekend on Steam.
2. Restricted version with few maps and limited editor (like in TMO/TMS demos).
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

For a demo, even the editor could be skipped.
One nice map of average difficulty with the three different road types should be enough.

We don't know what plans Nadeo have for a free-to-play-version anyway.
No editors? Only multiplayer gaming (perhaps on restricted servers)?
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

TMarc wrote: We don't know what plans Nadeo have for a free-to-play-version anyway.
Everythin' but no freezone :lol:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

All they need to do is is give out a heap trial keys,
I think about 15 minutes would be long enough to convince people its awesome :3
Elissar

Post by Elissar »

A demo is planned for Shootmania and here what Hylis said about TM demo :
En réalité, nous mettons en place le système de démo en ce moment. Et si on fait une demo Trackmania un jour, on commencerait par Canyon \o/
Translation :
If we made a Trackmania demo one day, we will begin with Canyon.
Source :
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... mo#p174248
firstdriver

Post by firstdriver »

+1

It needs something ... Too many of us won't buy something we're not sure we'd like .. or that it will even run on the buyer's PC. A demo version with restricted editors and no or very restricted internet (1 Nadeo testing server) will let us get the 'feel' of the game so we can make a decision. Car handling and PC capabilities are very important .. We all can't afford to keep updating our PCs.
«DD®»ҒirstÐrive२

DDR WEBSITE .. http://www.teamddracing.com/

$i$f10«$ff1ÐÐ$f10®»
meuh21

Post by meuh21 »

firstdriver wrote:(...) will let us get the 'feel' of the game so we can make a decision.
Just buy it ;)

Many possibilities and gameplays with different surfaces. If you don't like dirt roads, just play asphalt ;) Or the opposite. And you should be confident with Nadeo work and support their job.

You can stay in the forum and ask for a demo. The other solution is to buy the game (only 18 € at this time) and play with us :pil

be courageous :mrgreen:
UrinStein

Post by UrinStein »

^ Sry, but kind of a bullshit post.

The whole system of Maniaplanet is based on having a handful of environments for each of its games which all cost 20€.
The Player is the one who can choose which one he likes and he wants to buy. Someday there will be 5 Trackmania Environments, 4 Shootmania Environments and 3 Questmania Environments (well maybe depending on how successfull the games are).
I cannot spend 20€ on each of those games just to see that I cannot or do not want to play half of them. That's ridiculous. Why even have the possibility to buy them one by one, when I do not even have the chance to decide whether I like them or not.
If I have to buy them before I even get a first impression, NADEO could just sell all games in one pack, since there is no way to tell, which one of them I would like to have anyway.

I really, really, really would like to see an editor demo for NADEO games, where you cannot save your map for example.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
kamyl

Post by kamyl »

UrinStein wrote: I really, really, really would like to see an editor demo for NADEO games, where you cannot save your map for example.
That would work. ARMA3 Lite version had mission editor exactly like that.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

UrinStein wrote:I really, really, really would like to see an editor demo for NADEO games, where you cannot save your map for example.
+1 or :1010
This could do the trick. :thumbsup:

Return to “Trackmania 2”