Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

scaramoosh
Posts: 21
Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 21:08

Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by scaramoosh » 17 Jul 2013, 17:15

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-l ... 2300-7689/

When you see how he isn't excited and he is a fan, then you can really see why your games suck and aren't popular anymore.

IT IS SIMPLE

YOU NEED TO DITCH MANIAPLANET!

User avatar
Omnixor
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2959
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 17:07
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by Omnixor » 17 Jul 2013, 17:21

you really think they'll ditch their last 5-10 years work because of one video and one unsatisfied guy? bitch please.



tbh, I'd like to see smth different from Nadeo, like AAA racing title e.g. ;P
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -

edk
Posts: 191
Joined: 24 Jan 2013, 05:26
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by edk » 17 Jul 2013, 18:05

Jeff Gerstmann complaining? That's all he ever does. He was fired from Gamespot for being too critical on reviews. Likewise, he doesn't levy many real arguments against the game. Moreso he indicates that the game is enjoyable. Video is a bit long though, bits of useful information amid 30 minutes of joking around. I feel for the GiantBomb guys right now because Ryan Davis just passed away, otherwise I could be more critical of their video. Which by the way, made me want to go play Valley.

User avatar
Filipe1020
Posts: 956
Joined: 31 Dec 2010, 16:51
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by Filipe1020 » 17 Jul 2013, 18:26

scaramoosh wrote: When you see how he isn't excited and he is a fan, then you can really see why your games suck and aren't popular
Jeff's Opinions are not facts, your argument is invalid.

User avatar
GanjaRider
Posts: 320
Joined: 17 Jun 2010, 10:23
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by GanjaRider » 17 Jul 2013, 19:51

Hey I'm in the vid! I was on that server just yesterday. :D (25m10s 11th place)

From this thread I expected a way worse review but it wasn't that bad actually. And I can see the reason, racing wheel=failzor! These guys drive like wet towels, you can never make a good review this way. :lol: But I admit for americans the servers are quite empty.

User avatar
FrostBeule
Posts: 371
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 19:04

Re: Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by FrostBeule » 17 Jul 2013, 21:34

edk wrote:Jeff Gerstmann complaining? That's all he ever does. He was fired from Gamespot for being too critical on reviews.
Not really: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gerst ... .932008.29 & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gerst ... n_revealed

Anyway, I think this vid is pretty spot on, and funny too. Y'all should check out the other TM quick-looks they've done as well.

User avatar
stevenamtaan
Posts: 72
Joined: 07 Jul 2012, 04:55
Location: Australia

Re: Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by stevenamtaan » 18 Jul 2013, 06:02

If this is the way that someone gives a game review then he should at least practice/drive a little more. Seemed as though his experience level was very low . A 2 year old can drive their baby stroller better .. :shock:
GanjaRider wrote:From this thread I expected a way worse review but it wasn't that bad actually. And I can see the reason, racing wheel=failzor! These guys drive like wet towels, you can never make a good review this way. :lol: But I admit for americans the servers are quite empty.
After many previous driving experiences on GB servers for both Canyon and TM2S there were many who quit , including myself , due to the fact that the admins never seemed to give a damn about tracks and the karma ratings that many had. Many tracks with bad karma(waste) were still there more than a month later. Who really wants to drive such crap anyhow ??? .. :0010
I prefer to drive on servers where the admins take note of these karma ratings and are constantly monitoring/updating and delete "bad" tracks. This usually provides a much more stable community for this type of server and a higher fun factor.
scaramoosh wrote:When you see how he isn't excited and he is a fan, then you can really see why your games suck and aren't popular anymore
Filipe1020 wrote:Jeff's Opinions are not facts, your argument is invalid.
So he's not excited .. big deal .. :roll: .. his opinion doesn't mean s*it to the majority of people who enjoy TM with its varying environments .. :thumbsup:

Sure ... TM2 can always do with more players and i'm sure there are way better people out there to better present and review the Trackmania experience .. :pil .. :gobananas:
MS Windows Home premium 64-bit SP1
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 ... Intel Core i5-4670k @3.40 GHz OC to 3.80 GHz
16.0 GB G.Skill Ripjaws ... ASUS Strix GeForce GTX970 4GB GDDR5 ... Acer 23" LED monitor
120 GB SSD + 3 X 1TB HDD

TheM
Posts: 1445
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 14:30
Location: Uden, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by TheM » 18 Jul 2013, 09:23

stevenamtaan wrote:I prefer to drive on servers where the admins take note of these karma ratings and are constantly monitoring/updating and delete "bad" tracks. This usually provides a much more stable community for this type of server and a higher fun factor.
Look around ;) There are servers that take note of karma ratings and remove maps if the karma gets too low.
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).

User avatar
Bramble
Posts: 231
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 12:03
Location: England

Re: Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by Bramble » 18 Jul 2013, 09:49

Some guy on the internet doesn't like TM2?

Oh no, I'd better re-evaluate all of my thoughts about the universe. I really enjoyed Valley, but now this guy has made a video I can't enjoy it anymore.




... :0010
Image [CMC]Bramble

TheM
Posts: 1445
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 14:30
Location: Uden, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by TheM » 18 Jul 2013, 09:52

Bramble wrote:Some guy on the internet doesn't like TM2?

Oh no, I'd better re-evaluate all of my thoughts about the universe. I really enjoyed Valley, but now this guy has made a video I can't enjoy it anymore.




... :0010
Just that indeed. Like if one guy doesn't like it, everyone doesn't like it because of the same reason(s)...? :P
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).

Post Reply

Return to “Trackmania 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests