Cheater in Official Mode

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

edk

Re: Cheater in Official Mode

Post by edk » 28 Nov 2013, 09:15

Ty for the replay links. None of the autosaves validate for me. They all say "Could not validate. Wrong simulation." Even tried on all 3 games just in case.

Then I "Exported to Validate" each of them and tried again. A02, 3P0, and D02 validated after the export. The VTC1 replay still did not validate saying "The replay is not valid, expecting finished race."

What's really strange though, are the replays themselves. D02 and VTC1 replays have segments where the car is not moving whatsoever, it's just sitting there. And on all the replays the car is clipping through the ground and just looks like the position is not flush with the ground. Never seen anything quite like that.

I'd really like to hear Nadeo's input on this.

I'm not a keyboard driver whatsoever, so I can only test so much. Thanks for testing this as well Riolu. May want to look into a mechanical keyboard if you are a kb driver, they can be significantly more responsive.

Suffice to say, there are still questions here.

dimitrian2

Post by dimitrian2 » 28 Nov 2013, 19:40

1. see replay riolu-noob A15 0:28.54, 1:00.41 lights also do not burn when braking.The speed at turn on is the same as A02 ≈200 km/h
2.edk-noob Your replays I also do not open the game crashes when you open any of your reps. Different programs for each country maniaplanet probably
NOOBS RAGED
Last edited by dimitrian2 on 28 Nov 2013, 19:57, edited 2 times in total.

riolu

Post by riolu » 28 Nov 2013, 19:43

dimitrian2 wrote:1. see replay riolu-noob A15 0:28.54 lights also do not burn when braking.The speed at turn on is the same as A02 ≈200 km/h
A02 is actually 340 kmh while A15 is not even 300. I have no problems doing the brake trick at speeds below 300 kmh.
dimitrian2 wrote: 2.edk-noob Your replays I also do not open the game crashes when you open any of your reps. Different programs for each country maniaplanet probably
No.
dimitrian2 wrote:noob
lol :roflol:

edk

Post by edk » 28 Nov 2013, 22:56

dimitrian2 wrote:2.edk-noob Your replays I also do not open the game crashes when you open any of your reps. Different programs for each country maniaplanet probably
NOOBS RAGED
I have that bug with some replays as well. Try using the Advanced Replay Editor and not the Simple one. I have found that works. I think this has to do with a previous maniaplanet update which makes some older replays not work.

I'm not calling you a cheater, likewise I'm not calling you names. Most reasonable people are going to watch this trick for the first time and have the same reaction. So, even though it may be difficult, try to have some understanding.

Nadeo deleted your original official times. Someone from the actual company that created the game has deleted your times. Again, with this in mind, it's a pretty normal thing to have some questions about this. I think we all just want to get to the bottom of this and would like to hear Nadeo's take.

I'll be the first to issue an apology if it's due, but perhaps you should approach this with a bit more maturity.

Alinoa
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Alinoa » 29 Nov 2013, 12:52

Hi all,
We look at all top 10 official times of Dimitrian2 and all his official times have been validated. We have restored his deleted official times that have been removed by mistake.
Sorry Dimitrian2 for having removed non cheated official times and GG for your records :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

riolu

Post by riolu » 29 Nov 2013, 14:54

Oh boy. Just wondering if Nadeo just downloaded his replays and validated them in the game? If yes, then this is the wrong way to approach.
You should rather have a look at the replay.gbx file and check the duration of these small brakings (if possible) and watch out for any patterns which might conclude to the usage of macro programs (which obviously cannot be proven by simply validating the replay ingame) or any other hacks.
For your information, the little brakes he uses ARE actually possible at lower speeds, that's why you will see them from time to time by some players. But I just cannot imagine pressing the brake key for an ultra short period of time (0.1 milliseconds as he claims) 6 or 7 times (as you can see in his A02 run) while driving 350 km/h - unless he got some sort of special gaming keyboard or whatever.
As long as I don't see a 100% valid proof (for example a camera showing his fingers on the keyboard while he is playing), I am going to keep investigating all his replays until I know if he is cheating or not.

serujio

Post by serujio » 29 Nov 2013, 22:40

For what I understand, it seems that his times are not hacks, but he explored this quick brake technique somehow. So in my opinion, this should be put in the bugs section, or in the wish list, so Nadeo can fix this, as it seems to be impossible to do this trick with normal hardware, which makes the game unbalanced and unfair.

riolu

Post by riolu » 30 Nov 2013, 00:16

No. He wasn't the first one to use these brake tricks, they already existed in Canyon but noone used them. The brake tricks are actually easy to do if you have fast fingers (it works with keyboard, gamepad and joystick, I tried them all) - usually you do it once or twice in a turn if you get lucky. However, Cordanis brakes up to 7 times in one turn while driving at more than 300 km/h (best example the last turn on A02 which he took FS while normally, you need to release gas for a moment). At these speeds, the brake trick is almost impossible to do because the car starts sliding instantly - that guy is still able to brake without sliding which gives him a HUGE advantage on some maps. Have a look at some of his replays on ManiaExchange or his Youtube channel (not going to link it here since it contains 18+ material).

serujio

Post by serujio » 30 Nov 2013, 22:57

oh yeah, sorry, this is what I meant, that it is impossible to do the quick brake so fast these many times, like he does. I already used this in Canyon, and I can imagine how impossible it is to do it so quickly like he does on his replays, it is definetly impossible to do it without using specific hardware or software. So, if he can do it, and Nadeo still validated his replays, for me it is a bug in the game, because it makes the game unfair and unbalanced.

kripkee

Post by kripkee » 01 Dec 2013, 10:22

I found a tool, which I could pown him.. yay.. :0010

Return to “Trackmania 2”