Racism again, North American player

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

rudiporto

Racism again, North American player

Post by rudiporto » 24 Feb 2014, 01:25

http://imageshack.com/a/img197/9343/v3o4.jpg

I cant print the other, the guys sayd F**ck N**GERS , when the last round end.

Its sad.

CrunchZ

Re: Racism again, North American player

Post by CrunchZ » 24 Feb 2014, 02:22

... well, just ignore it?

rudiporto

Post by rudiporto » 24 Feb 2014, 04:36

Its not the correct action in this case.

edk

Post by edk » 24 Feb 2014, 06:48

What do you want? The player to be banned from playing TrackMania because they cussed or used a racial slur once? It's not the server operator, it's just some random player. While you may be offended by it, and while I don't care for it either, it's not a big deal. The server operator can black list the word, even have auto-warnings for the player that can lead to a temporary kick or ban, but that's obviously not in place. Point being, if it's that big of a deal to you, go somewhere else. If the player becomes an actual nuissance such that the behavior is continual with the sole intention to cause problems and be disruptive without playing, then I have no doubt word will get around and something will happen. But all your showing is someone one off time where someone said something offensive. Quite frankly, that's not much worse than you coming here and repeating the exact same thing you're so offended about.

Demented

Post by Demented » 24 Feb 2014, 18:16

I don't know, I think statements like that are uncalled for in a game environment. It takes away from the fun and make things uncomfortable for many people. TM is meant to be fun and there should be no tolerance for someone undermining that fun.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Mandark

Post by Mandark » 24 Feb 2014, 21:48

rudiporto wrote:Its not the correct action in this case.
It is the correct action in this case. The guy would eventually get bored if you don't react ;)

Though, I of course agree with Demented
Specs
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 16GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 24 Feb 2014, 21:56

A pure chat protocol is usually not enough since players can select any kind of irrelevant nickname.
Login name is required, but the time to take screenshots of the chat and the user login is not always there.

As always, the only thing you can do is to report the player using the ingame function (press ESC once, then click on "report abuse").
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD
Discord: TMarc#3002

Alter-Fox

Post by Alter-Fox » 25 Feb 2014, 23:26

I second TMarc's suggestion.
I've dealt with these sorts of people in TM (they probably thought I was a furry. They may or may not have been right). They're just high-school bullies who never grew up -- metaphorically or literally. All they want is positive attention from the bystanders. If you don't let them have it, they'll go away. If you find some way to humiliate them in front of said bystanders, they'll go away faster. But if you try to fight them on their own terms, you've already lost.

They want you to get mad. If you don't get mad, you can deal with them any way you want. If they've really got under your skin, there's still the report abuse button. And other players are much more likely to go along with a votekick/voteban if they can see you've got a good reason for it.
Last edited by Alter-Fox on 27 Feb 2014, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I picked it up, and then I was a panther.
Beware my original music at https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com, & https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Demented

Post by Demented » 26 Feb 2014, 17:09

As the perceptive Yoda would say rubbing his chin, "Hmmm, yes. Very wise you are, TMarc and Alter-Fox".
Truely the best thing in a situation like that is not to feed the beast.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

D1visor

Post by D1visor » 27 Feb 2014, 19:19

It's not sad. I don't have anything against other races or anything but someone insulting you in a game and your response being "im proud of living in a ni**er country" is the same as being gay and someone insults you because of that, and you proceed to call him homophobic and go protest in public. I might be exaggerating but it's true.

In short someone called you a ni**er, so what. Move on.

Return to “Trackmania 2”