[TM2S] A Guide to competitive TrackMania!

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

znik

[TM2S] A Guide to competitive TrackMania!

Post by znik »

This guide will explain the different competition formats, driving styles and techniques in TrackMania² Stadium.You will also find important links, a list of tournaments and tips to become a better player. If you have any questions or suggestions for this guide, please leave a comment below.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =251608621
Last edited by znik on 28 May 2015, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Read my new beginners guide to competitive trackmania over at Steam Community
willischwein

Re: [TM2S] A Guide to competitive TrackMania!

Post by willischwein »

wow this is great. will surely fall back to it in the future, if someone asks me about this kind of stuff
tombuilder

Post by tombuilder »

Really nice!

Some additional things for Dirt driving (but maybe that goes too far for this guide):
- The most important thing you already have mentioned: Keep an ear on your engine and hold the gear through corners wherever it`s possible!
- Allways prefer releasing the acceleration over braking. The brake is almost only used in 180° turns.
- Wallbangs are also widely used in Dirt, especially in 90° downhill turns, when you are on high speed and there is no long fullspeed part after that.
- Some jumps are better taken diagonally for not jumping too far while keeping the speed (air time = no acceleration)
- Some transitions (dirt->road/dirt->grass/...)are better taken on the very outside of the block to avoid jumping, but maybe you already covered that with "non-traditional lines".

Some other nice, little, although old tipps (but still valid in TM2S) can be found here:
http://www.tmdirt.com/group/dirtdrivingtips
Btw. this site is not very active anymore since the leaving of the main admins some time ago.

Surely there are many more important things I forgot now, but keep up your nice work!

PS: Although it has nothing to do with competitive driving, I`m not sure if the existence of the "grass slide" should be mentioned somewhere.
znik

Post by znik »

Thanks for you reply tombuilder. The diagonal jumps is for sure something that I can add, because it applies also to fullspeed and tech. I will add it under "AIR CONTROL". will also mention the release gas instead of breaking thing. Is there are reason for this though? Avoid gear problems?

I guess wall-bang is already covered in my description so I'll just keep it for now. When speaking of non-traditional I was thinking about those part where you drive at the very outside of the road yes, in both transitions and up/down dirt turns.

Grass-slide could definitely be mentioned in attachment to "LOL / MINI / VERYSHORT / LUNATIC" :thumbsup:
Last edited by znik on 23 Apr 2014, 08:20, edited 2 times in total.
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

Hello, very nice guide, indeed :)
I want to suggest that you add a section about re-occuring competitions, not only the styles.
Might be nice to know for players who maybe don't know what's happening in TM2S' eSports scene :)

ESL holds a lot of cups (CPS, SPS, Country Championship, RPG Nightcups, DPS, Nascar Cupseries), TMT and TMM are once a year, GamersAssembly, ESWC and TheGathering usually also hold competitions in TM2S although that's on LAN.
ET Leagues is hosting the STC/NC if I'm not mistaken as well (or was that Clanbase?)

Anyways, I'll see if I can get this thread stickied :)

edit: Thread stickied =)
Check out my Personal Twitter account!
tombuilder

Post by tombuilder »

znik wrote: will also mention the release gas instead of breaking thing. Is there are reason for this though? Avoid gear problems?
Mainly yes, it`s much better to control and you don`t lose that much speed. Another point is, if you brake and steer at the same time, you get in danger to lose grip if you are on higher speed (once you drift, you don`t get grip instantly back like on tarmac, when you release the brake).
Last edited by tombuilder on 23 Apr 2014, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
znik

Post by znik »

Chris92 wrote:Hello, very nice guide, indeed :)
I want to suggest that you add a section about re-occuring competitions, not only the styles.
Might be nice to know for players who maybe don't know what's happening in TM2S' eSports scene :)

ESL holds a lot of cups (CPS, SPS, Country Championship, RPG Nightcups, DPS, Nascar Cupseries), TMT and TMM are once a year, GamersAssembly, ESWC and TheGathering usually also hold competitions in TM2S although that's on LAN.
ET Leagues is hosting the STC/NC if I'm not mistaken as well (or was that Clanbase?)

Anyways, I'll see if I can get this thread stickied :)

edit: Thread stickied =)
Super thanks, that really helps! :thumbsup: I will look into how I can improve the information about competitions etc.

I updated the guide with some of your ideas tombuilder, thx :)
znik

Post by znik »

I added a new section called "TOURNAMENT & EVENTS". Was it something like this you thought about Chris92?

I'm missing a lot from TECH, SPEED, NASCAR etc. The list is almost getting a bit too big and messy D: Maybe I have to drop the introduction sentences...
tcq

Post by tcq »

Chris92 wrote:ET Leagues is hosting the STC/NC if I'm not mistaken as well (or was that Clanbase?)
ET holds the STC/NC and the GC. See announcement here.
znik

Post by znik »

Update the guide with a last word "BECOME PRO & JOIN TEAMS", thanks to Leo for the idea.

Return to “Trackmania 2”