[TM2S] A Guide to competitive TrackMania!

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

tomeqf

Re: [TM2S] A Guide to competitive TrackMania!

Post by tomeqf »

Hey, i see u've added jigsaw's clip "art of cutting" to your guide, maybe you'd also add my video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqeQEN5bbk
Maybe some people would enjoy it too.
znik

Post by znik »

tomeqf wrote:Hey, i see u've added jigsaw's clip "art of cutting" to your guide, maybe you'd also add my video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqeQEN5bbk
Maybe some people would enjoy it too.
Your video is great, but I just tried to find legendary movies on youtube worth watching. I don't want to make it a long video list, so I'll pick movies that has a great number of viewers and show different techniques or players in the best way.

Updated the guide with NEO SLIDE and as you already saw, a last word about how to improve and find potential teams etc.

I still feel I miss a lot of information on tournament and events.
Read my new beginners guide to competitive trackmania over at Steam Community
tombuilder

Post by tombuilder »

This is still a great promotion video for the Dirt Community:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... x6uc0CVAxw
Just as a suggestion ;)
znik

Post by znik »

tombuilder wrote:This is still a great promotion video for the Dirt Community:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... x6uc0CVAxw
Just as a suggestion ;)
Thats yet another great movie by snaky yeah! I can add this one for sure, since there is no clean Dirt movies already in my list :thumbsup:
Edster

Post by Edster »

znik wrote:Your video is great, but I just tried to find legendary movies on youtube worth watching. I don't want to make it a long video list, so I'll pick movies that has a great number of viewers and show different techniques or players in the best way.
:shock:

You're only going to pick videos that have loads of viewers? That's ridiculous! :teub: You could make the best TM video ever, but not have any friends to share it with, so no-one will watch it. That doesn't mean it's a bad video; and remember, all videos start with no views at all. Why should the amount of viewers matter at all? Surely all that does is the quality of the video/it's instructional use. I'm surprised that you've chosen such a shallow approach, considering everything else about the guide is so selfless.
znik

Post by znik »

Edster wrote:
znik wrote:Your video is great, but I just tried to find legendary movies on youtube worth watching. I don't want to make it a long video list, so I'll pick movies that has a great number of viewers and show different techniques or players in the best way.
:shock:

You're only going to pick videos that have loads of viewers? That's ridiculous! :teub: You could make the best TM video ever, but not have any friends to share it with, so no-one will watch it. That doesn't mean it's a bad video; and remember, all videos start with no views at all. Why should the amount of viewers matter at all? Surely all that does is the quality of the video/it's instructional use. I'm surprised that you've chosen such a shallow approach, considering everything else about the guide is so selfless.
Ok let me rephrase that sentence for you. I pick movies that show legendary players,teams, records, etc, with a good editor quality aka usually has a lot of views unless the movie is new. Good movies that present spesific techniques or driving styles are also welcome.

Regardless of this, I don't want the list to become a battleground. I just want to point the users in the correct direction over at youtube, and they will probably browse many similar and good tm videos in the "Related videos" section at youtube. Depending on how people respond to this feature though, I might just remove it all if people keep making a big deal out of it.
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

why only youtube btw? there are some great driving/records videos on tm-tube too :p
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
znik

Post by znik »

Omnixor wrote:why only youtube btw? there are some great driving/records videos on tm-tube too :p
TM-tube has a lot of great content for sure (already linked We are trackmaniacs to it), but considered they almost shut down the service a while ago and its current lack of activity, I prefer to link to youtube movies. You will mostly find all tm-tube videos over at youtube anyway, because the buffering speed over at tm-tube is horrendous to say the least.
Edster

Post by Edster »

znik wrote:Ok let me rephrase that sentence for you. I pick movies that show legendary players,teams, records, etc, with a good editor quality aka usually has a lot of views unless the movie is new. Good movies that present specific techniques or driving styles are also welcome.

Regardless of this, I don't want the list to become a battleground. I just want to point the users in the correct direction over at youtube, and they will probably browse many similar and good tm videos in the "Related videos" section at youtube. Depending on how people respond to this feature though, I might just remove it all if people keep making a big deal out of it.
Okay, that sounds more reasonable. I just think that it's impossible to get views on YouTube unless you pay loads of money/sell out to big companies. But it's good to see you are taking actually quality into account.

I don't want it to be a battle ground, I just don't want it to get to the point where you say: "Your video would be perfect for my guide, but you are not popular and don't have many views so I can't use it." That to me would be tantamount to prejudice.
tomeqf

Post by tomeqf »

That's fine with me as i understand znik's point and agree with it

Return to “Trackmania 2”