Beta

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Beta

Post by Hylis »

I had many people asking for beta key in private and I answered them all individually, by mostly saying that we don't give keys by private message, that we want to limit the number of players in the beta at the moment because we know by experience that there is a limit of the number depending of the stage of the beta.

95+% reacted really well. One says that beta testers from stupid games does not deserve a beta key, while I think it is the opportunity to welcome new people. Welcoming new players is very important, even for the older ones. Additionnally, they have proved to be able to stay in forum for the fun but also to be aware of what is happening on it. Doing riddles is my way to say, try to find the bug, naming other players is my way to say to read others post and be aware of other players and time spent here is also a hint that you can be there after to post in the beta forums.

Additionnally, we have started with a list of high expert in some fields like dedicated servers, hosting, mapping, video making, websites for sharing, competition orgnisation, model making, news, manialinks etc. They also got the opportunity to invite additionnal mates to help them on those topics. We also have invited moderators from this forum, maniazones and some of some other forums.

At the end, we have manually dealed around 300 people in the beta and it requires a lot of work to open so much and still have a strong limitation. If some can not understand this, I can't help, I just can say that it can not be perfect and that we do our best.

You will soon learn what is the next step in the beta, and I would like to say thanks to all players that are out of the beta that understand and stay positive! :thx:

See you very soon! :pil
metoxys
Translator
Translator

Re: Beta

Post by metoxys »

Good morning!
Seeing that you are active at 01:32 in the morning, French time, is nice. Have a nice day!

Ontopic:
Spread this please. I had people asking for invitations in the beta in forums and on my videos
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

Thanks for thinking outside the box on this one... most companies do sign-up sites and other ways of forcing the selection of beta players and if you're not "in-the-know" all the time and the first ones there, no dice.

You've used some non-conventional methods to make a more broad selection and I think that's really cool.
Just remember that no matter what we do in life, we'll never be able to please everyone, and that's ok.

I, for one, do appreciate how much you and NADEO have always tried to involve the community in what you do; more so than the other companies I've been involved with over the years.

Much appreciated. GG!
:pil
eie

Post by eie »

Go Hylis :D

I loved the way you were handing out beta keys, very nice job doing that, because you took time to read most responses, and to adapt the games so most people would have a fair chance to get a key. Of course it was still somewhat random who won, but in the end, people got their chance and not everyone could win.
Trackmania2 ♥
FineWolf

Post by FineWolf »

Hylis, while we have you here... Will there be a Linux dedicated server for TM2?
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

FineWolf wrote:Hylis, while we have you here... Will there be a Linux dedicated server for TM2?
TM2 has a linux and windows dedicated server.
FineWolf

Post by FineWolf »

jonthekiller wrote:
FineWolf wrote:Hylis, while we have you here... Will there be a Linux dedicated server for TM2?
TM2 has a linux and windows dedicated server.
Good! Then I'll be able to setup a server.
Kamykaz

Post by Kamykaz »

now a good news :P
i hope that this new environment will be so great once i will have the game and my pad in my hands :D
thanks for the news Hylis and btw, ofc i respect the problem that theres a lot of people to care about thir opinions, suggestions, bugs, etc...
Hope cya soon for next beta step! :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

I am French! <3
enV

Post by enV »

Thank you Hylis for this information. I thank all of Nadeo for simply making another trackmania :D
Ravager90

Post by Ravager90 »

Rava @ TM-United Forever Forum wrote: it feels like everyone around me is playing beta already. All my favourite TMUF servers are empty so I cant even enjoy old trackmania anymore. Still this message by Hylis was kind of what I was waiting for. Stupid games turned out be chaos and anarchy and I felt kind of lost in the process of giving away beta keys. After those games we had 80 game-winners but they were giving away 400(!) keys in the end. Now I finally undestand how they got to this number. Still I'm still sad I'm not among those important trackmania people. And still I'm feeling we've got too many people not deserving a beta experience. But as Hylis said - noone is perfect, they tried their best, let's make the best out of current state!

Return to “Trackmania 2”