Filesystem within TM

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Nym

Filesystem within TM

Post by Nym » 10 Aug 2011, 17:48

Everybody knows it:
You build a track, save it... ...oh no, wrong directory. Switching back to windows, searching the track within 40 others , copy, paste.

I don't know anything about the beta beyond the vids; here's my suggestion:
Enhancing the filesystem in Trackmania: Create/delete/rename Folders; searching (not sure if it's available in tm though); Copy, paste and all the other fun stuff a Explorer/Finder will enable us to do :clap:

Cheers
Nym

krone6

Re: Filesystem within TM

Post by krone6 » 12 Aug 2011, 04:55

Good idea. I hope they go "steam" on maniaplanet. Everything in one folder. If you save a file, it defaults to your personal folder, such as steam's system.

It's so much eaiser to not have to alt-tab out of a game because of a simple problem. Even our phones can copy/paste within it's sd card, a game should too.
http://trackmaniaracers.com
My up and coming trackmania 2 canyon team. Intentions on expanding to all nadeo games eventually.

Feel free to come in and say hi, it's a casual and laid back team. If you have any suggestions feel free to pm me.

Wouter4009

Re: Filesystem within TM

Post by Wouter4009 » 12 Aug 2011, 08:12

Nym wrote:Everybody knows it:
You build a track, save it... ...oh no, wrong directory. Switching back to windows, searching the track within 40 others , copy, paste.

I don't know anything about the beta beyond the vids; here's my suggestion:
Enhancing the filesystem in Trackmania: Create/delete/rename Folders; searching (not sure if it's available in tm though); Copy, paste and all the other fun stuff a Explorer/Finder will enable us to do :clap:

Cheers
Nym
You can also just save it in the right directory and delete the track in the wrong folder ingame.

Return to “Trackmania 2”