Team chase, what is ?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Eole
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Team chase, what is ?

Post by Eole » 13 Feb 2015, 10:01

weerwolf wrote:is the dedicated updated or need I get it on github?
We'll roll out the update only on GitHub for now to avoid updating the dedicated server too often. Once the situation settle down and that we're sure the matchmaking is running fine we'll update the dedicated server.
Contribute to the ManiaPlanet documentation on GitHub
A question about ManiaScript? Ask it here!

toffe

Post by toffe » 13 Feb 2015, 10:03

Maybe an idea to have dynamic script downloads, when you start the server it checks for script updates and installs it?

Toffe

Eole
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Eole » 13 Feb 2015, 10:55

hotdog45 wrote:it`s allowed to make a 0-90k chase Server?
(with matchmaking)
The rules have been edited, Chase is now allowed to be played up to 90K. There are now a solo (Round) and team (Chase) modes to progress in the ladder.

magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by magnetik » 13 Feb 2015, 12:13

TMarc wrote:Matchmaking is not possible from inside the titles?
Always need to go back to main menu stations display... :?
I've added it :thumbsup:
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!

Jarago
Translator
Translator

Post by Jarago » 13 Feb 2015, 15:10

Also made a map for this mode:

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/80307/

Hopefully will continue with this "series" :D

northern_lights

Post by northern_lights » 13 Feb 2015, 15:16

Hi, I just wanted to throw in a few ideas for the new Chase Mode. It's really good fun by the way and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned these before.
But I feel without this it's going to be hard to play.

1. You don't know how far behind your team mate is who is expected to go through the next check point ahead of you.
Is it possible to have a clock on view showing how far behind he is ? Maybe it could be a count down timer displaying the amount of seconds he is behind you ?? I don't know how difficult that would be to implement.
Today I found i was having to come to a complete halt as i didn't know where my team mate was.
We joked about having mirrors on the cars.

2. I think the teams would be better in uniform colours for Team cars. Although if the idea above could be done you may not need them.

3. We have to have the Tag names on so you can see the names of the players in your team. Unfortunately that means you crash into the corners or the edge of the track on a bend when several Tag names are being displayed. Is it possible to make them smaller or something ?

I'm just trying to think of things which would help you know where your team mates are on the track.

I think the Chase Mode idea is really excellent, so well done...... :pop: :pop: :pop:

Guerro323

Post by Guerro323 » 13 Feb 2015, 16:15

- More time for vote please!
- Vote to force spectate a player.
- when a 2vs3 happen, force a player to be spectator ( 3 players team), next round : players switch
:yes:
C'est Grandiose!

Eole
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Eole » 13 Feb 2015, 16:25

We pushed a small update again today :

Code: Select all

### Modes

#### Trackmania/Chase
* New setting S_DisplayWarning, True by default. Display a big red message in the middle of the screen of the player that crosses a checkpoint when it wasn't its turn.
* Fix : force the message displaying what to do at the bottom of the screen to be updated each time a player crosses a checkpoint.

### Libraries

#### MatchmakingMatch
* Force the players to ping back the server before considering them as ready for the match.
The code is available on GitHub.

official.nando

Post by official.nando » 13 Feb 2015, 16:57

Very nice mode, like it a lot :1010

Would it be possible in the progessive mode to avoid a 2 vs 3 situation? Seen it happen several times and it makes it really easy for the team with 2 players.

northern_lights wrote:...
3. We have to have the Tag names on so you can see the names of the players in your team. Unfortunately that means you crash into the corners or the edge of the track on a bend when several Tag names are being displayed. Is it possible to make them smaller or something ?
Maniaplanet Launcher -> Configure ->Advanced -> Game

You can find the settings for playertags on the bottom
MoBo: Asus P8P67 EVO
CPU: i7 2600k
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 650
Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 9
Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGB

oiram456

Post by oiram456 » 13 Feb 2015, 17:21

I enjoy this mode pretty much! It´s great teamplay and very intense with a good team, so much fun!

Some things i noticed:

- 2v3 happens pretty often, maybe search for a way to avoid it (i like the idea of forcing one to spec in the meantime)

- On matchmaking servers, if ur not ready and click on rules and then hide the whole window, the rules will stay in the middle of the screen.

- We need more maps! the 2 new maps are nice tho :)

- it happened several time to me that i was slightly behind a player (also at the bottom you could see that the server thinks that i was last) but the one who was slightly infront of me counted as the last player who has to pass the next cp first

- sometimes it skips the possibility to vote for a map (seemed less after the last hotfix)

- would be nice to be able to choose the enemies too :)
Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz | 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V (LGA1155) | 1920x1080@60Hz|2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Return to “Trackmania 2”