TM for PS4 confirmed?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

jui

TM for PS4 confirmed?

Post by jui »

"There’ll be a VR [Sony VR (Morpheus) ] version of Ubisoft’s Trackmania racing franchise"
Reddit posting be user named magn3tik ;)

As far as i know Morpheus is only for PS4 (correct me if i am wrong), so basically means TM comes for PS4 in 2016.
Few questions come to my mind.
Does Nadeo make it or some external developer?
PS4 version compatible with PC (so players can play on the same servers) would it be good or just hold PC development back?

Guess that is some good news. Hope it gets successful so we get more stuff for PC :mrgreen:
w1lla

Re: TM for PS4 confirmed?

Post by w1lla »

Wired.com did a spoof of Sony presentation and it maybe confirmed tonight at E3.
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
riolu

Post by riolu »

Please no :roflol:
In all seriousness, I highly doubt a game like TM suits for consoles. Good examples were the Wii and DS versions, which weren't much of a success as far as I know. I always say features like the editor are much more comfortable to use with touchscreens/nunchucks, imagine how much of a pain it would be to build a map with a PS4 gamepad. Sure the graphics would look great, but I'm sure it wouldn't be beneficial in any way for the franchise in general. A proper Oculus Rift support for the PC version is enough.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Exactly. A VR version of TrackMania is already existing, namely with Oculus Rift support, although it is more or less beta.
If they add support for a Sony VR gear, this does not necessarily mean that there will be a PSP4 version of ManiaPlanet.
But Cerovan already told that we will know in one or two months more details on what they have planned for ManiaPlanet, and especially for TrackMania... so let's see :pop:
The_Big_Boo

Post by The_Big_Boo »

jui wrote:Does Nadeo make it or some external developer?
PS4 version compatible with PC (so players can play on the same servers) would it be good or just hold PC development back?
Most probably (though I can be wrong) another studio is making it thus it won't be ManiaPlanet and won't be compatible with PC. Real question is, what environnement(s) will it feature? TMU one(s), MP one(s), new one(s) or a mix of these?
acceleracer_01 wrote:I always say features like the editor are much more comfortable to use with touchscreens/nunchucks, imagine how much of a pain it would be to build a map with a PS4 gamepad.
Sony's still supporting its PS Move, especially with Morpheus, and allows PS Vita for remote playing.
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair @ 1600MHz
CPU: Intel i5 760 @ 3.6GHz
Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E
GPU: NVidia GTX 760 2GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB
Sound: VIA VT1828S (onboard)
Peripherals: Razer DeathAdder - Razer DeathStalker - Logitech F310
MouldyK
Translator
Translator

Post by MouldyK »

New Trackmania Announced.

Trackmania Turbo.

Maniaplanet Doomed...
riolu

Post by riolu »

WHAT HAVE I SEEN
Toninus

Post by Toninus »

Dunno about Manbiaplanet, but at least it won't be on console.
Maybe it will still be on PC with a big modification.

Also finally we have seen lagoon, who looks alot like Island, but asian-themend, with buggies and antigrav blocks.
Also lots of new blocks and maybe new handling for other environments I think...
marcchello

Post by marcchello »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3piye62BYf4

Available 26/11/2015 for the first time on consoles, on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems, and also on PC.

Trackmania offers you the ultimate arcade racing universe where everything is about reaching the perfect racing time.

Test your skills in over 200 tracks, experience immediate fun by challenging your friends at home (offline splitscreen) or online.

The competition lasts forever: design and share your own tracks with other players in the Trackbuilder!

• 4 ENVIRONMENTS, 4 DIFFERENT GAMEPLAYS
• CAMPAIGN MODE
• DOUBLE DRIVER
• TRACKBUILDER
tcq

Post by tcq »

Thread locked for now.

Please continue the debate over it in the main thread regarding Trackmania Turbo to keep information centralised.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31203

I will reopen it again, if more information make this thread necessary.

Return to “Trackmania 2”