Airbreak

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Nym

Re: Airbreak

Post by Nym »

Well but it's true ;)

Edit:

ps: Does somebody remember the package of good old TMS? on it's back was written "Der Flugsimulator unter den Rennspielen ist zurück" (the flight simulator among racing games is back)
And for flying you need control, right?

So please Nadeo, remain true to yourselves
Maystorm

Post by Maystorm »

Trackmaniack wrote: FFS. It's not a bug! :teub: For Christ's sake.
No reason to get angry. We are just discussing pros and cons, and both sides have their arguments.
If you land perfectly flat in Stadium, the chassis clips with the track and wigs out. The simple solution? Don't land -perfectly- flat.
How can you control whether you are going to land perfectly flat? In Stadium the air brake gave you control of how you would land. Since TM2 has no air brake anymore the conclusion is: If you land perfectly flat you have to live with the speed penalty and have no way to change it. This what you call a feature (and not a bug) would be one of the reasons why we need to have air brakes.
In real cars, is there an airbrake? Nope. See where I'm going with this? There have been non-airbrakes before there was an airbrake. Yeesh.
Oh well, I don't think that you can compare real world cars to TM's driving physics. I mean who would drive loopings in RL and jump off high cliffs? :shock: However, if we were to do that with our own cars then they would have air brakes. Take this as granted. ;)

And lastly: Those who don't want to use air brakes don't need to. It's no harm having them.
aXu

Post by aXu »

I already asked it once, but no one seems to notice: have you yet found out that you can "airbreak" in canyon? It's just nerfed. Instant rotation stop never looked good anyways.
My latest TM2 track: FaceBase
Nym

Post by Nym »

Since when tm is supposed to look good? :roflol:

I just tested some things in editor:

Facts:
- Airbreak to stop rotating the car left and right does NOT exist! (neither in a nerved version)
- You can stop the pitch!

Proof of second one is on the way
Edit:
not a video, but simply believe me ;)
http://netload.in/dateiTGYQFjz5hL/2011- ... ay.Gbx.htm
_Junky

Post by _Junky »

Nym wrote:- Airbreak to stop rotating the car left and right does NOT exist! (neither in a nerved version)
If your car is rotating clockwise, just press left and it will stop rotating ;)
Maystorm

Post by Maystorm »

Nym wrote: - You can stop the pitch!
Your replay is interesting. I would have sworn that air braking didn't work. I've tried it many times to no avail. Is it really just hitting the brake button once you are in the air?
Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Maystorm wrote:
Nym wrote: - You can stop the pitch!
Your replay is interesting. I would have sworn that air braking didn't work. I've tried it many times to no avail. Is it really just hitting the brake button once you are in the air?
As far as I can work out, airbrake is in the game it just isn't controlled or as pronouced as the one in stadium.

You can control the pitch of the car using the d-pad/analogue pad of the controller. Tilt it back to stop the car pitching forward etc.
Nym

Post by Nym »

The replay was actually made with keys, just up and down simultanious.

On this map i also tested the left/ right thing and rolling sidewards

Left right seems to work veery slow, control rolling is definately not possible...
d.m.f._nl_

Post by d.m.f._nl_ »

Then maybe the topic should be: Give us the old way of airbraking back ? :pil

And again if whe wanted other gameplay whe buy another game, why whe buy TM is because whe like(d) its gameplay :3

:pil :pil :pil :pil
If you think my English S*cks than you have to watch my driving and shooting :P

PC Specs at home:https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qfjhjrqes1p3pj/PC-Specs.txt
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

Nym wrote:Since when tm is supposed to look good? :roflol:
So TM is supposed to look -bad-? o_O
WIP

Return to “Trackmania 2”