Split Screen in ManiaPlanet 4?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

zolika1351

Split Screen in ManiaPlanet 4?

Post by zolika1351 »

I can't find it. The only reason I updated was to play splitscreen with car collisions with my friends and I can only find hot seat and local network.
Also, I can't seem to find a way to enable car collisions either.
OwenJ

Re: Split Screen in ManiaPlanet 4?

Post by OwenJ »

There is no car collision though you can still access it through the TrackMania titlepack if you still have it installed
zolika1351

Post by zolika1351 »

OwenJ wrote: 09 May 2017, 18:24 There is no car collision though you can still access it through the TrackMania titlepack if you still have it installed
I have the TrackMania titlepack, but when I select it, nothing happens.
EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work, but I can only control one car. If I set the controls on the controller for P2, then I can't control P1.
And also, the music doesn't stop when quitting and after I set the controls and quit because I couldn't use the keyboard to control P1, it got stuck on the clouds screen.
zolika1351

Post by zolika1351 »

For anyone who happens to stumble across this thread, get the TrackMania 2 title pack, try to launch it. Then try to launch Valley, Stadium and Canyon, they should have tiny updates. Afterwards, quit the game, restart in offline mode and click on the TrackMania 2 title pack, it should load. Then go to Split Screen and set both players' controls. You have to go to the bindings for both, or otherwise you won't be able to control one of the cars. Then you can do the usual stuff like choose a map and it should all work. (You only have to do this once)

EDIT: After a recent patch, the TM2 title pack loads normally without any problems, so skip to the part where I say go to Splitscreen
Last edited by zolika1351 on 21 May 2017, 10:23, edited 2 times in total.
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

From what hylis told me, Split screen is not ready yet and will be around Lagoon release.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

The splitscreen is not yet available in MP4. When we will enable it again, you will find it in "Local Play".

Cheers :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

At the moment you may want to try my old title called Split Screen - it's essentially just time attack mode available in split screen. Note: it requires you to own all 4 environments and might be really outdated.

I'm also currently working on split screen support for my Pursuit game mode, it will come delayed, due some issues, but you can see some examples here:

Gameplay tech demo:
https://streamable.com/gtlyt
https://streamable.com/jvs00

Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

You can also play splitscreen with the frozen installation of Maniaplanet 3: viewtopic.php?p=283980#p283980

Cheers :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Trackmania 2”