Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

test1234s
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 May 2017, 16:06

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by test1234s » 25 May 2017, 09:09

"This being said, to players that say that they are supporting us since 10 years and now that they are done, after so many updates Forever and mp from 1 to 4, and with 90 euros to spend to have all that we did on Trackmania over the last 10 years, I think that these additional 20 euros, are reasonable."

You can't say that especially after releasing such a bad game that is TMT. As I said before I have almost all your games. If T2 Lagoon came out paid after T2Stadium I wouldn't have said anything and bought it. But now that you released such a bad game, making us thing we would get it for free as a compensation and now we have to buy it. I'm not buying anything from you anymore now.
You guys just played with the words to keep us hyped and then that's it. You do realize that you are just destroying yourselves and losing your most loyal fans right ?
I'll definitely link this thread and make posts about it on reddit and other popular forums.

User avatar
SixelAlexiS
Posts: 69
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 18:40

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by SixelAlexiS » 25 May 2017, 09:20

So, after all the trouble to get (the promised) Lagoon, it turns out that it's just a "rental" version... ok Nadeo :roflol:

test1234s
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 May 2017, 16:06

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by test1234s » 25 May 2017, 09:31

SixelAlexiS wrote:
25 May 2017, 09:20
So, after all the trouble to get (the promised) Lagoon, it turns out that it's just a "rental" version... ok Nadeo :roflol:
they are going to say "Hey we told you you'd get the game for free but we didn't say it was not the full one :3 "

User avatar
eyebo
Translator
Translator
Posts: 3308
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 12:01
Location: Kansas, USA
Contact:

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by eyebo » 25 May 2017, 10:02

Good grief people!

If you enjoy the creative tools in ManiaPlanet, Lagoon is a worthy addition to your collection. It's super cheap, and you'll have fun on it for years.

It doesn't really matter what the devs said or didn't say. Their work speaks for itself. They've made a quality game and poured their blood, sweat, tears, and long weekends into this game for you, so you can have a platform to display your creativity and have fun with your friends. And they're not even done. The platform is just going to get better from here.

Isn't it better to give the devs a :thumbsup: for their hard work and move on with life? All this nagging reflects very badly on the community and I'm really saddened to see it.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit

rizu
Posts: 16
Joined: 24 May 2017, 21:55

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by rizu » 25 May 2017, 10:13

Hylis wrote:
25 May 2017, 08:01
This being said, to players that say that they are supporting us since 10 years and now that they are done, after so many updates Forever and mp from 1 to 4, and with 90 euros to spend to have all that we did on Trackmania over the last 10 years, I think that these additional 20 euros, are reasonable.
You should really understand this is more about principles than money. You intentionally lead people to believe TM2 environment was going to be free for TMT users, took credit quietly when people thanked for that move, kept doing that for very last moment and then end it like this. You just don't screw over your loyal fans/supporters and get away thinking that you did good. People will remember. And no, you will not get my 20€ for Lagoon or for any of your future products because my wallet gets to vote here.

Hylis wrote:
25 May 2017, 08:01
And the fact that we gave lagoon to community players that were supporting us during the beta
Hylis wrote:
25 May 2017, 08:01
In the end, we tried to do our best, like we always do because it's logical. If you think we don't, then it's starting badly the reasoning.
Look, you could have informed TMT users MONTHS in advance about this arrangement so that word would have spread that this was an actual possibility, instead of that, you just ran the beta for ONE week and did expect people to poll this forum at that exact time? You can't be serious when you say you guys did your best when you pull a stunt like this. It should be obvious that most TMT owners saw about the possiblity to participate only when it was way too late.

I don't like ranting on the forums like this, I'm just quite upset how you handled this.

rizu
Posts: 16
Joined: 24 May 2017, 21:55

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by rizu » 25 May 2017, 10:19

eyebo wrote:
25 May 2017, 10:02
Isn't it better to give the devs a :thumbsup: for their hard work and move on with life? All this nagging reflects very badly on the community and I'm really saddened to see it.
That's bit harsh taken how they've handled this. I can give them credit for the work they've done on their games but also a huge thumbs down for their shady marketing tactics.

Of course it reflects badly on community and to the company but it really isn't community's fault now.

tcq
Posts: 2717
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 11:02

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by tcq » 25 May 2017, 11:39

Come on people, are you really serious? There is a game which costs you 20 Euro (less than whatever you spend on drinking on one party) and will keep you entertained for the next 5 years (incredible editors for long time motivation). Furthermore, it was NEVER said to give lagoon to people that bought TMT (see the posts in this thread). It was said that it may be a possibility, but it was never said it will be this way. It's your fault for projecting your wishes on the statement given by Hylis (18.06.2016).
Why does Nadeo doesn't give informations about future ideas or developments on their games? Because of reactions like this. Nowadays, everyone seems to try to inflict a shitstorm if something doesn't work the way they want it. Get a grip people and grow up.
Be happy that you get a new version (aka Lagoon) which doesn't automatically outdate the other game versions (such as canyon, stadium, valley). EA would just bring another battlefield and good is it. Here a developer cares about the people (free forever update, free startrack). Of course, the communication could be better (maybe more testing before releasing an update, better communication via email to notify players about what is going on, making sure people understand that the update to 4.0 was more like a test for a final release, that maps needs to be ported, that server controller stop working and and and) and would probably defuse most of the situations happening here in the forum. But to be realistic, even if this update was not communicated proper, you people go crazy overboard. If it isn't working, why not just stop playing for a month and then come back for a working ecosystem. I mean, it's only a game and the weather is nice. Go outside, do sports and then you will be refreshed. Watch some movies and when you finally come back, everything is new and you can enjoy the game to it's fullest (including lagoon for a lousy 20 euros and a new mesh modeller!!!!).

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo
Posts: 3962
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 11:58

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by Hylis » 25 May 2017, 11:55

Tx for the real support here.

Rizu, you say it's about principle and you judge us in a way. On my side, this is against my principle. As I have just explained, it was not our call. We have ever been a studio and still are. You even saw that it's a special way to get access to a special version. Of course you can keep your wallet and vote as you wish. But wishes are not always fullfilled, like the one I had to offer the entire Lagoon to all TMT owners, even console. I should have make it clear that it was not in our hands, even if I did not expected this outcome. I bet on logic to win but time of discussion made this too late, and once it's released it unmanagable to pursue since people would have started to buy in various place.

Lastly, I wish you best and to see life and judge people starting to think they do their best, with as much principle as you. And even if I think it's logic, the conclusion may be different than my wish, while it's much more important imo. Have fun elsewhere nonetheless.

rizu
Posts: 16
Joined: 24 May 2017, 21:55

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by rizu » 25 May 2017, 11:57

tcq wrote:
25 May 2017, 11:39
There is a game which costs you 20 Euro
Like mentioned, it's not the price but way they handled it. Some people seem to forget that everything is not about money.

tcq wrote:
25 May 2017, 11:39
Why does Nadeo doesn't give informations about future ideas or developments on their games? Because of reactions like this. Nowadays, everyone seems to try to inflict a shitstorm if something doesn't work the way they want it.
Let me make this as clear as it can be made: nobody demanded them to give Lagoon for free for TMT owners: they started suggesting that on their own well before TMT even released and did affect on people thinking they would get more out of the TMT purchase. You can defend their way of "wishing" and "planning" on not being promises but it doesn't make people delusional when they actually believed that was their plan. In fact, you'd had to be a really sceptic for not to believe their intentions on doing this.

tcq wrote:
25 May 2017, 11:39
Get a grip people and grow up.
Please don't attack people here or tell them how they should act, it's not your call and is also very immature.

rizu
Posts: 16
Joined: 24 May 2017, 21:55

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by rizu » 25 May 2017, 12:02

Hylis wrote:
25 May 2017, 11:55
I should have make it clear that it was not in our hands, even if I did not expected this outcome.
So it was ultimately Ubisofts call?

Locked

Return to “Trackmania 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests