Nadeo what the heck have you done to hotseat mode??????

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

colosso

Re: Nadeo what the heck have you done to hotseat mode??????

Post by colosso »

Alinoa wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 12:46 To come back on the topic, the MP3 version can be more comfortable to use when you want to play a lot of different maps on Hotseat.
It's nice to (eventually) see a reply from someone fron NADEO on this topic, but advising us to the MP3 version is not a good sign IMHO.
Alinoa wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 12:46 If it's not a question of maps number, the MP4 version works well. You can play any map you want but first you have to add maps that you play to want into the folder (C:\Users\Your_User_Name\Documents\ManiaPlanet\Maps\Downloaded) and don't forget to select a game mode to be able to launch the hotseat.
The MP4 version is not intuitive at all... Why can't we just select the maps from the gamepack we're in (ex. Canyon), select a number of players, set the time each player gets and start playing? And if would be that simple to do that, can you please release an instruction video? I'm dying to see how it's done.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi Colosso,

Here is a quick help explaining hotseats functions.

Number 1: Here is the game script and the hotseat is selected by default. So don't change it.

Number 2: By clicking on script parameters, you can edit some parameters as the track time, warmu-up, etc.

Number 3: Here you can select maps that have been downloaded on your maniaplanet folder (C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\ManiaPlanet\Maps) or tracks that you created from the editor

Number 4: By clicking on the load button, you can choose maps of the Canyon campaign. It will load all maps of a level (White, Green or Blue)

So to start a hotseat, steps of the number 1 and 2 are optional (you can leave the default parameters).
The main step is to choose your tracks ( by using your tracks or campaign tracks), then click on the button "next".
Then please choose the number of players and their name and click on "start game".

I hope this will help you out.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Sorry but this is still about as intuitive as completing my tax return....
Number 3: Here you can select maps that have been downloaded on your maniaplanet folder (C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\ManiaPlanet\Maps) or tracks that you created from the editor
I cannot navigate to this folder, browser does not allow me. I cannot find any tracks to add. "no appropriate media was found in this folder" is all it ever says.

Why didn't you just leave it how it was? If it ain't broke don't fix it :teub: :teub: :teub:
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

Did you create maps or download maps on the Trackmania title where you try to start a hotseat?
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

I've downloaded a few over the years but I just wanted to play the default Nadeo maps for now.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hello,

By clicking on the button "load", this will load the Nadeo maps.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

That only works for some maps, why only set A B or C what about others?
index
Translator
Translator

Post by index »

BuckoA51 wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 12:45 That only works for some maps, why only set A B or C what about others?
Hi BuckoA51,

you can create your own matchsettings.

Just download the following files and put them into your Maniaplanet\Maps\MatchSettings folder.

http://data.tlinet.de/m/maniaplanet/for ... -White.txt
http://data.tlinet.de/m/maniaplanet/for ... B-Blue.txt
http://data.tlinet.de/m/maniaplanet/for ... -Green.txt
http://data.tlinet.de/m/maniaplanet/for ... _D-Red.txt
http://data.tlinet.de/m/maniaplanet/for ... -Black.txt

Then you can select any of them while creating a server - and it works in any environment.

Kind regards!

:EDIT: I can add attachements, but after posting, the files are invisible :arrow: uploaded to webspace :(
Image iNDEX'''

Return to “Trackmania 2”