How to paint cars? I can't use them.

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

modernator

How to paint cars? I can't use them.

Post by modernator » 14 Aug 2017, 16:48

I painted custom car and saved, but looks like it never applied.
I can found my car inside of painting room, but in game, it never appears and there is no something like "choosing car skin" :(
And why car paint always changes randomly everytime playing in online server?

riolu

Re: How to paint cars? I can't use them.

Post by riolu » 14 Aug 2017, 17:16

When entering a title, you should be able to find the profile menu in the top right hand corner. Then, hit "Models" and select the car you've painted. :thumbsup:

modernator

Post by modernator » 16 Aug 2017, 14:20

acceleracer_01 wrote:
14 Aug 2017, 17:16
When entering a title, you should be able to find the profile menu in the top right hand corner. Then, hit "Models" and select the car you've painted. :thumbsup:
Thanks, it works!
Anyway, are you riolu? I'm always watching your videos in YouTube and I'm actually big fan of you.
It's nice to meet you here :)

riolu

Post by riolu » 16 Aug 2017, 15:04

I am yeah, don't mind my old ass forum name from back in the days xD

Demented

Post by Demented » 16 Aug 2017, 15:16

I always find it nice to see someone solve a problem or question and it's always cool to see people make a happy connection.
:clap:
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 16GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

SchmitzKatze

Post by SchmitzKatze » 06 Oct 2017, 08:38

I have some issues with saving my skins. After i add one or some decals on my car and trying to save it, i get a totally black car. When i open the windows explorer and go to "Skins\Models\CanyonCar\" and open my new zipped skin, i can see a black Icon.dds and SkinDiffuse.dds with a pixel size of 4x4 :shock:

So my question is, why are the skins not correctly saved by the car painter editor? I have tryed it on a old and fresh trackmania installation with canyon and valley.

Edit: It works now! I don't know why...

erapaints

Post by erapaints » Yesterday, 23:43

Our car is not just a vehicle; it becomes a reflection of our pride. Owning a vehicle makes you feel financially stable. The perfect picture of an independent lifestyle starts with owning a home and ends with owning a car, but doesn’t stop there only. Test Card Creation: Before doing any prep work, USE THE ENCLOSED TEST CARD to create a test card to see how well our paint matches your vehicle’s – follow the directions on the back of the test card and color-compare in full direct sunshine.

Surface Preparation: Thoroughly clean the area to be repaired with wax/grease remover (glass cleaner or similar can be used as a substitute) & let dry completely. Assure the surface is free of wax, oil, and other surface contaminates by applying wax/grease remover to a clean lint-free towel (blue shop towel) and use it to clean paint surface to (only apply wax/grease remover to the towel – never directly on paint). If sanding is needed: Use fine sandpaper (at least 320 or 600 grit) to remove rust or bad surface damage.

Dabber Usage: There are several different tools and methods which can be used to apply primer, touchup paint and clear coat to scratches and chips on your vehicle. We have chosen a ‘dabber’ for our kits (as opposed to a brush or pen), as it works great as long as you know how to use it. So here are some helpful hints: First, we have included 2 dabbers for each bottle of paint you have ordered. We’ve done this as a customer service gesture on our part so you will have an extra dabber for future use. Also, note that these dabbers can be cleaned & reused – just use a little paint thinner or mineral spirits to completely clean the paint out of them. How to use: DO NOT use a dabber as a paintbrush – you will destroy the tip and the fill-in scratch line will not be optimal. Instead gently dab a ‘dot’ of paint into the scratch (light dots/coats only!) in a ‘connect-the-dots’ technique (see our video on our website). Do not attempt to use the dabber to move paint inside the scratch – simply use many small ‘dots’. Your results will look better if you have patience and take your time filling in scratches or chips.

Return to “Trackmania 2”