Is Lagoon the last TM2 title or there will be more in the future?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Filipe1020

Is Lagoon the last TM2 title or there will be more in the future?

Post by Filipe1020 »

One thing that I've been curious about, if Lagoon is going to be the last title for the TM2 series, I don't know where but I've heard someone saying that before, I personally see a more potential but, if a third series is required maybe more features could be implemented, what do you guys think?

Yes I know it's more likely that we will see a new Shootmania title next, or maybe Questmania (very unlikely but who knows) but I like to imagine what would be in the future if NADEO decides to start fresh with a new game called Trackmania 3.
kripkee

Re: Is Lagoon the last TM2 title or there will be more in the future?

Post by kripkee »

Well, the current numbers of players in Maniaplanet speaks for itself. Lagoon was released this May, and now look on the activity in this "title". We will get the same effect for a 2nd Shootmania Title, if you look the current numbers of active "SMS" players. I am pretty sure a new SM title is way to similar like Storm (movement, gamemodes, Weapons,...). And I am pretty sure I won't pay for a fresh and new dead title 20€ (Cyro) again - like Lagoon and Valley.

I just miss the "ultimate fun-factor" which I had in TMO / TMS. I wish Lagoon got a bigger audience, but if the first players begin to cry about the Maps on a Mini-Fun-LoL server, then it's their fault that they probably shock new players with this behavior.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

I think TrackMania² in ManiaPlanet was made to stay forever updated. It's only named TrackMania², as Ubisoft became their sponsor and for this big change, they quickly needed something new, so they called it "TrackMania²". I doubt there will be TM3, and I hope it won't. TrackMania/ManiaPlanet is not like e.g. GTA, where you have GTA I, II, III, IV, V, VI etc etc.
So I think in 10 years it will be still TM2, but with alot of new things etc
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Tobirousch

Post by Tobirousch »

I partly agree here. I don't want a new tm game each few years but already because of the marketing potential, I would love to see a Trackmania 3.
Put all 4 environment's together like they are in turbo. keep all the MP features that were cut out in Turbo and we might even get all those players that bought turbo and then never made the transition to MP after they lost interest in TMT.
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

TM2 UNITED FOREVER FREE UPDATE. And for once, all together in a single title with separate and combi ladderboard
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
Demented

Post by Demented »

I think the original plan was to create 3 to 5 new environments for TM². They've done three now but it hasn't gone as smooth as I think they had hoped.
I wouldn't mind seeing another environment or two but they really need to iron out some serious problems first. Expanding on a mess just makes it harder to clean the mess up. I think we are seeing that with MP-4 which still has some nasty issues.

If NADEO decides at some point to do TM-3, I would love it, but it would need to be re-written from the ground up using the lessons learned from past iterations. I think it would also need to have some completely new concepts for the TM world to set it apart much more than TM-2 was from TM-1 such as possibly: Interactive & destructible environments & objects with more dynamic objects and terrains. Multi-Vehicle collisions / races (for that bumping, grinding, crashing racing experience). A new/updated physics engine. The current physics are nice but the new environments seem more realistic than the vehicles physics in them which I think makes it feel a bit out of balance. (Near sim looking graphics with Arcade feeling physics)
A third version of TM could be really cool but it would need to be very carefully thought out before beginning. A rushed version could be devastating for NADEO.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Efreen

Post by Efreen »

Trackmania 3? Mmmm... i remember first version Trackmania 2 Canyon, and see the last Lagoon. Interface complete rework, notorious graphics improvement ... If they want launch a Trackmania 3, only need to made new environments and change 2 to 3.

Only i hope for future release that launch more than one environment. One by one, for player is most expensive and gradually less interesting.
Tobirousch

Post by Tobirousch »

Basically what they need to do is release a Combination of TMTurbo and Maniaplanet(only Trackmania titles) with 1 or 2 new environment's as new game and market it publically as sequel of TMTurbo. Ofc this is just a verry verry short summary about it but I do think a combination of TMT and Maniaplanet with good marketing would have great success given the pupularity TMT had on it's release and the amount of features MP got.
Smigles

Post by Smigles »

Unbelievable that the same things are still discussed here. That all in one game should have been TM2 at release like what, 6 years ago? At this point it's a farce and they just re-release stuff again and again on different platforms to milk more money out of the name that Trackmania once was.
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

* How to generate discussion of a topic that's been hammered so many times over the years, by using fake news:
Filipe1020 wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 15:15 ... if Lagoon is going to be the last title for the TM2 series, I don't know where but I've heard someone saying that before, ...
Yawn. :roll: ... LOL :mrgreen:
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk

Return to “Trackmania 2”