Strange controller input

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

CrunchZ

Strange controller input

Post by CrunchZ »

Hello,

when TM²:Stadium started, I got a weird problem with my controller. Yeah, it's a long time ago, but the problem is still there and now I want to see, if someone can help me with it. In before, it's NOT the controller, because the problem is there everytime (I already tried Logitech Rumblepad 2 and now xBox 360 pad).

So the thing is that when I start on a map, the controller seems to steer a bit to the left or right. Even though, I'm not steering at all. Also, it appears, that the car is steering randomly to the left or right while im on a run. So I can't steer precisely anymore and as you can imagine, that sux. No settings (deadzone, sensitivity, etc.) could fix that. So, is that normal, do you guys have the same kind of problem? Or how to fix it?
BTW: The problem appears ONLY in TM² and NOT in TMUF or TMNF.

Appreciate any kind of help, as long as someone even tries to help. ^^
Thanks in advance.
Miss

Re: Strange controller input

Post by Miss »

Try completely resetting all of your controller settings to the defaults, and then set your deadzone. It might also be worth checking sites such as html5gamepad to see how big your deadzone has to be.

Also, the more used your controller is, the bigger the deadzone will become.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
CrunchZ

Re: Strange controller input

Post by CrunchZ »

Strange thing, but the complete reset helped. Thanks alot.

Return to “Trackmania 2”