Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Alinoa

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by Alinoa »

nighthawk4571 wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 22:59 Hey Alcator! Woo, wOO, WOO !!! :o :o :o

Please don't commit the sin of saying anything to, or about, Alinoa which is not pleasant. Please don't 'SHOUT' at her. In terms of our game, she is a perfect human being and therefore is untouchable. Everyone who knows her surely loves her. She is one of those who always go out of their way to help players in a most professional and courteous way.

* One of the others is, of course, TMarc, who is not paid for all the research hours, advice and good humour he brings to these forums.

I only butted in because, as one of millions of her fans, I saw someone (seeming to be) about to get nasty with Alinoa. No hard feelings Alcator: Just, please be nice mate. :? :D
--- On with your discussion. --- ;)

Cheers :pil
Thank you so much for your so sweet words, they mean a lot for me :thx: :thx:
And thank you all moderators and players who help for having constructive discussions :thumbsup:
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

Alinoa wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 14:31 Dommy, it's a workaround but it's the current solution for playing the plateform pack. If I could provide you with more information, I would ;)
That has to be one of the most unbelievable thing i've seen in this forum ever. I'm not gonna devellop but I am 101% with Alcator and I don't see where the likes of Miss, Dommy and Nighthawk see an agression towards Alinoa.

well it's been quite a long time some of the people on this forum are trying their very hard to get noticed by nadeo tho
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

i7mean wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 17:27
Alinoa wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 14:31 Dommy, it's a workaround but it's the current solution for playing the plateform pack. If I could provide you with more information, I would ;)
That has to be one of the most unbelievable thing i've seen in this forum ever. I'm not gonna devellop but I am 101% with Alcator and I don't see where the likes of Miss, Dommy and Nighthawk see an agression towards Alinoa.

well it's been quite a long time some of the people on this forum are trying their very hard to get noticed by nadeo tho
Totally agree, too! Thats the point so many users leave TM and NADEO. One says anything criticising, then so many of the Forumsstaff screams against them. Alcator is totaly right, he/she paid for this Game and all Alcator wants is a complete Game.

And not fixing an official Pack for 8 months is a real shame!

The only thing what holding me here is the hope that all becomes better in the future and the Fact that Trackmania is a unique Game, with unique and infinitely possibilities.

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
Miss

Post by Miss »

null8fuenf10 wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 18:18 Totally agree, too! Thats the point so many users leave TM and NADEO. One says anything criticising, then so many of the Forumsstaff screams against them.
Maybe you missed the part where I criticised Alinoa's first answer, too :P

I'm just trying to be as civilized as I can in this discussion, it doesn't help being aggressive towards people.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Miss wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 18:26
null8fuenf10 wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 18:18 Totally agree, too! Thats the point so many users leave TM and NADEO. One says anything criticising, then so many of the Forumsstaff screams against them.
Maybe you missed the part where I criticised Alinoa's first answer, too :P

I'm just trying to be as civilized as I can in this discussion, it doesn't help being aggressive towards people.
Sorry Miss! :thx:
No, i didn't miss the part.

i was shocked how many replied against Alcatore. Because what Alcator wants is 100% true, and a must be. And i mean not only the Forumsstaff.
Also the other members, who replied against.

And i don't see any agggression against Alinoa in Alcatores reply.
Also, for the most of us is english not the main language. So, the posts maybe looks more aggressive as they are to be meant?!

I saw same type of reactions on so many other threads. That's why i say no wunder, people leave MP! As GameDeveloper you should always have open ears, for the words of the (paying) Players. Many of us supported NADEO more then 10yrs., like me. I bought any TM Title, from TMO to TMT and Lagoon(ok got it for free cause i own TMT. :mrgreen: But i bought all other Envis) in MP4. Only Shootmania not. But i will do this next.

Greetings
Miss

Post by Miss »

Maybe. Perhaps I'm biased, as I'm also a game developer.. :P

He's not wrong for sure, but the angry messages won't help it come any faster. If anything, angry messages will lower motivation to work on it at all. That's why I always take a friendly approach when talking to developers.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Alcator

Post by Alcator »

It's true I could have worded my suggestion ("scream at your boss") differently ("please, bring the issue up with the Nadeo team again and please, stress that some members of the community consider this as highly unprofessional").

It would seem that waiting for 15 months to get Lagoon while console players are playing it, and then getting broken level geometry in another module for 6 more months is the limit of my patience.

I've received a Moderator warning for my conduct and I will take that warning to heart.

Maybe after Nadeo evaluates the newest "How can we support the community better?" survey, they will find the time for this problem as well.

Have a great day, everyone. Thanks for the words of support.
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

Alinoa, you are welcome. :) :thumbsup: ;)

:D ^^ Great post Alcator! Your point is now very clear and still 'on topic' (to me at least). :thumbsup:

Like you, I've been a supporter/ lover/ paying customer of Trackmania games for a very long time (since 2003 in my case) and I totally agree with you: A brilliant and popular official title has been neglected without a satisfactory explanation for way too long.

* Just to be clear about my post: It was NOT my intention to take peoples' minds off this topic by simply tapping you on the shoulder and asking for a nicer way to address Alinoa. I really did not mean to make a big deal of this point and was only commenting on the 'not what you say but how you say it' aspect of your post. I am concerned that a Moderator saw fit to send you a (private) warning message - not sure that would be really necessary, as I'm sure that my (public) post would have prompted you to rethink - which you have obviously done. :? :thx:

So please my friends, can we move on now? As I said before ... on with your discussion. :)

Cheers :pil
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Alcator wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 19:57 It's true I could have worded my suggestion ("scream at your boss") differently ("please, bring the issue up with the Nadeo team again and please, stress that some members of the community consider this as highly unprofessional").

It would seem that waiting for 15 months to get Lagoon while console players are playing it, and then getting broken level geometry in another module for 6 more months is the limit of my patience.

I've received a Moderator warning for my conduct and I will take that warning to heart.

Maybe after Nadeo evaluates the newest "How can we support the community better?" survey, they will find the time for this problem as well.

Have a great day, everyone. Thanks for the words of support.
Thats the way... :thumbsup:

Greetings
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

I'd just like to point out that Platform was a free campaign released by Nadeo Live, separately of Canyon, nearly a year after Canyon was released. And it was a totally optional download. Many players didn't even download it.

So no one paid for it, and it's not owed to anyone to have it updated.

If Nadeo Live has time and the direction to update it sometime, great. Otherwise, we can continue to enjoy it in ManiaPlanet 3, should we have the urge to play it.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit

Return to “Trackmania 2”