More Single Player Content?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

DjCoco

More Single Player Content?

Post by DjCoco »

All right. This may sound like a silly question, but now that I got all the gold medals on the Nadeo tracks - what now?

I mean, back when I bought TrackMania Sunrise there was a great deal of content - with many tracks spread over various modes. Even when I was done with the Nadeo tracks I could download user-created campaigns which were a great deal of fun.

Now I'm a bit stumped here with ManiaPlanet - first of all, where are all the modes at? When I try to change the mode in the editor I'm prompted to load a script file - am I supposed to make it myself? I'm already a programmer at work - if there's one thing I'm not really in the mood for when I try to play games to take my mind off of work it's well... that.

Since there isn't really much in the way of official tracks after you complete the 5 race series, I tried some online but I can't really say I enjoyed myself. Most tracks use blockmixing now. Back in the day that was pretty cool since it was very rare to see, but I don't think I played a single map online that didn't go full out on this concept yet.

I guess all I want is more traditional solo content for me to enjoy instead of this whole DIY-thing TM2 wants to be (at least that's the impression I get). Now you may tell me to go play Turbo instead (and I did), but that game also lacks all the cool modes Sunrise had. I mean I really love the environments here in TM2, so if someone could point me in the direction of cool more content to enjoy, that'd be great.
TMarc

Re: More Single Player Content?

Post by TMarc »

You can find it right here in the forum, in the titles and creation part: several players have created great additional titles with many single player campaigns.
Look for Mr.DVD or Sparkster, just to give examples.
If enough people have downloaded their packs those also appear ingame in the Maniaplanet store.

Besides this you could try to search the site tm.mania-exchange with your preferred criteria, also look for the ratings.

:pil
DjCoco

Post by DjCoco »

Thanks for the fast reply and the recommendations. It's great to hear players can submit single player campaigns again. As far as I know, this feature was missing from TM United. It's still a bit sad modes like Platform and Stunt aren't included by Nadeo, but if there's users making up for this all's fine by me :thumbsup:

I'm actually aware of the tm-exchange, but I always found downloading individual tracks a bit of a hassle.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Yeah, this is so to say a key feature of Maniaplanet now :)

Just see here for current titles and map packs:
viewforum.php?f=538

Enjoy :pil
riolu

Post by riolu »

Don't forget there's always a medal after the Gold medal :D

Return to “Trackmania 2”