Nadeo : please can you tell us what you are changing ?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

kimtieuphuong

Nadeo : please can you tell us what you are changing ?

Post by kimtieuphuong » 21 Oct 2018, 08:54

Is there any way of us being told about the changes which will be happening once the full game is released ? As the purchasers of the game have noticed some pretty major faults compared to the original TM Forever. Please don't just treat this as another Topic in a very big forum. We want to know what is happening without having to trawl through many many topics which are impossible to read. Because people have to do things like go to sleep and eat meals etc.

I truly appreciate the smoothness that has been put within the new game. That is such a pleasant aspect and will keep most people firmly fixed into making a purchase of Stadium 2.

But there are things which we would like answers about :

1. The shadow areas in some of the night time environments are too dark and you crash into a wall in a tunnel etc.
It would be okay if i just made changes to my graphic card settings but we use our computers to view photographs and other things.

2. There are barely any skid marks for us to see if we are drifting too much. The Full Speed drift which required the skid marks was a necessary part of people increasing their top times on Full Speed tracks. Will they ever come back ?

3. Is there any chance of having one or more extra cam views ?

eyebo
Translator
Translator

Re: Nadeo : please can you tell us what you are changing ?

Post by eyebo » 26 Oct 2018, 00:51

kimtieuphuong wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 08:54
1. The shadow areas in some of the night time environments are too dark and you crash into a wall in a tunnel etc.
It would be okay if i just made changes to my graphic card settings but we use our computers to view photographs and other things.
I can't answer the others, but this one is the result of the conversion of maps from a previous version of ManiaPlanet to ManiaPlanet 4 back in May 2017. Most of the sunset and night maps in Stadium that were converted lost their proper lighting.

The only way to fix those maps is to use the old Trackmania 2 titlepack, open them in the editor while holding CTRL and reapplying the mood, recomputing lightmaps, and then re-saving the map. And this only works if the map name doesn't contain colons or dots.

I had intentions of doing this for all the sunset and night Stadium maps on MX at some point, but it's a massive undertaking. It also wouldn't help all the dozens of servers out there with old map files on them, unless the server admins updated their map files.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (416.34) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit

Return to “Trackmania 2”