Live Rankings Bug: My name appears multiple times (or not at all)

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Anjinsan

Live Rankings Bug: My name appears multiple times (or not at all)

Post by Anjinsan »

Ok, so here is the story: I have owned TrackMania 2 for a very long time, have been playing Canyon exclusively. Initially solo, now mostly multiplayer online.

My issue is that whenever there is a race that includes live rankings (right hand side of screen), my name (Anjin-san) somehow appears not only once, but up to 8x there. So even though there are (say) 5 players present, only my name will appear there.

Example:
1. 0:43 Player 4
2. 0:44 Player 2
3. 0:45 Player 1
4. 0:46 Anjin-san
5. 0:46 Anjin-san
6. 0:46 Anjin-san
7. 0:46 Anjin-san
8. 0:46 Anjin-san
9. 0:46 Anjin-san

While I would expect something like:
1. 0:43 Player 4
2. 0:44 Player 2
3. 0:45 Player 1
4. 0:46 Anjin-san

When I enter a new game, the live rankings are empty (or normal). But then I will - once I finish a race for the first time and it takes me into the top 9 - gradually fill all other places until 9. Strangely enough, " SSM°VeryShort.80.Dedi.V 3.0:) " will never list me in its live rankings, no matter which place I have ...

Not only does it look stupid - but it also seriously and understandably annoys other players. Initially I thought it might be my name (which used to be Anjin-san, but in Japanese characters), so I changed it to the romanized "Anjin-san". But that also did not help.

I have tried (a) to change my name, (b) use a different car model, and (c) tested various race modi (laps, rounds, time attack). All to no avail. Also, this has been an issue for a very long time. Initially I thought this is a TrackMania issue, and that everyone sees his / her name multiple times. Until someone told me that it is only mine that clutters the live rankings ...

Thanks for any insight!
Last edited by Anjinsan on 30 Oct 2018, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
undef.de

Re: Live Rankings Bug: My name appears multiple times (or not at all)

Post by undef.de »

That sounds like a bug which was in UASECO a while ago with usernames with only numbers, please add a screenshot to be sure. If that's the reason, then you can ask the serveradmin to update.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
Anjinsan

Re: Live Rankings Bug: My name appears multiple times (or not at all)

Post by Anjinsan »

Ok, actually my player name is Anjin-san, but my account (user?) name under which I log into ManiaPlanet is only numbers! Let's say 123456789 ... Don't ask why, long story.

I have raised a support ticket @ Ubisoft to have my account name changed.

Thanks for the quick turnaround btw!

Return to “Trackmania 2”