After six weeks, not much going

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

alan_ch

After six weeks, not much going

Post by alan_ch »

The new TM-2 has been a disappointment so far. Not much servers, 95% of the maps are crap. Hardly any servers playing Round-Mode. Mostly boring Time-Attack.

The car in TM2 is shaking way too much. Yeah, it does not matter on the wide roads. but it very much does on the narrow roads.

I think there is a wrong strategy here. TM2 should be free as a lite version, where you can participate in all races with lower graphics, while the paid version should allow for full graphics, editor, skins, etc.
Having a free version brings a lot of players. When they like the maps and the driving style, then plenty of them will be happy to buy the full game and get all those nice features.

The editor is buggy and too limited.

The Planets system is complicated and should be abolished. If you pay for the full game, you should just be able to access everything all the time. Simple and easy. I don't even know how the Planets work, I am not interested to learn it. It's like collecting stamps in the supermarket, just a waste of time. I just know that some servers don't give me access, and I don't know why. I don't wanna get involved with Planets.

In TM1 I used to play on Dirt servers in Rounds mode. There were always a few good French servers. Now in TM2 in Rounds Mode there is very little, and the maps are crap. All wide roads and psycho-maps. So I started to build my own maps with narrow roads, but I am left to play them by myself, which is boring.

If the maps stay so crappy, the editor so limited, the car so shaky, and no free, lite version, I see the TM2 community not growing but disappearing.
higgles

Re: After six weeks, not much going

Post by higgles »

ya I dunno wtf planets are either I just go into servers turn the HUD off and race :p
bel1be

Post by bel1be »

alan_ch wrote:The new TM-2 has been a disappointment so far. Not much servers, 95% of the maps are crap. Hardly any servers playing Round-Mode. Mostly boring Time-Attack.

The car in TM2 is shaking way too much. Yeah, it does not matter on the wide roads. but it very much does on the narrow roads.

I think there is a wrong strategy here. TM2 should be free as a lite version, where you can participate in all races with lower graphics, while the paid version should allow for full graphics, editor, skins, etc.
Having a free version brings a lot of players. When they like the maps and the driving style, then plenty of them will be happy to buy the full game and get all those nice features.

The editor is buggy and too limited.

The Planets system is complicated and should be abolished. If you pay for the full game, you should just be able to access everything all the time. Simple and easy. I don't even know how the Planets work, I am not interested to learn it. It's like collecting stamps in the supermarket, just a waste of time. I just know that some servers don't give me access, and I don't know why. I don't wanna get involved with Planets.

In TM1 I used to play on Dirt servers in Rounds mode. There were always a few good French servers. Now in TM2 in Rounds Mode there is very little, and the maps are crap. All wide roads and psycho-maps. So I started to build my own maps with narrow roads, but I am left to play them by myself, which is boring.

If the maps stay so crappy, the editor so limited, the car so shaky, and no free, lite version, I see the TM2 community not growing but disappearing.
Read my post http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7679
Also here Dirt driver and coast on rounds mode , and time attack gets really boring
The have to get back with 2 feeds to the ground ,and make some really structure changes , or at the end off the year it will by a dead game (80.000 payed already tm2 ---- 4000 drive it daily)
.dejavu

Post by .dejavu »

1) Who are you to say that the marketing (?) or strategy are wrong? Are u an expert of pc gaming industry?

2) If you don't like the car physix, then don't force the whole comunity to agree with you. The car is shaking, and i like that, it makes the gameplay hard to master, and this make the game even more durable (in long-terms speakin).

3) Editor is buggy? Mh, what about checking your computer specs? Maybe it just lags. For me everything works fine.
3b) Limited? I partially agree here.

4) The planet system? My god, this is a really cool feature, is not real-money related, and it's only a kind of money that give you access to some extra downloadable contents. If you want to download a custom skin, then you have to "pay" with the planets that you can win through:
-Every log in per day
-With races
-With competitions
-With lottery

It's a good thing. Maybe you never played tmuf?`There, instead of Planets, the game-currency is the "Copper".
It's not a must for enjoy the full game, but it's just a money that give you acces to EXTRA and NOT-MUST things (like skins, mods, server ladder(?) and so on...).

5) Not enough round servers? The game has been relased less than 2 months ago. In TM1, you probably started to play when the "cake was ready", and now, you WANT that after 2 month there are plenty of round servers. Why don't you host your personal server?

6) "So I started to build my own maps with narrow roads," --> coerence, you're doing it wrong. Weren't the narrow roads crap to play because of the shaky physix?

7) Again, who are you to say that all the maps are crap? It's your personal opinion, and if you don't like them, then don't play them. I bet the most of the people here, like the maps that you are complaining.

Im not a nadeo-fan-fag, but i like to be realist and objective.
I also think that this game needs a lot of improvements, but if i have to exprime these improvements, i have to be as objective and realist as possible and maybe bring some solutions.

PS: lite version... Mh, i partially agree here, because it will (not?)help to bring some new players..
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

For more info on the Nadeo strategy look on this topic http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 76&start=0
Also this topic you might find interesting as well because the above mentioned topic was a reaction on this one http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 49&start=0

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
alan_ch

Post by alan_ch »

I am trying to explain it better:

The NARROW roads are the MAIN potential fun part for ME in TM2. But the fun is defeated greatly by the unreasonable shakiness of the car AND by the bumpiness of the narrow natural rally road. There are hardly any building blocks for narrow Rally road. The S-turns have bumps in them, that make it impossible to drift them. Would the car be more stable on all NARROW roads, then we could build much more exciting maps with more turns.

As it turned out, many people cannot handle the shaky car, that's why they build maps with very little narrow roads and they try to avoid turns. So the biggest potential of the games has been destroyed by the shakiness of the car and by the bumpiness of the rally road.

We could have great Rally races with lots of turns, played in the exciting Rounds Mode.

Now we have mostly wide GP roads and platform where the difficulty of the map is MAINLY TO FIND THE WAY!
I like maps where the difficulty is PURE DRIVING SKILL, not LEARNING THE MAP WHERE THE DIRECTION IS.
It frustrates me, if I have to search my way through to find the way. I like maps where you CAN SEE the way and find it the first time.

Again I refer back to Dirt Roads in TM1. There, with pure driving skill, you could win a race in Rounds Mode against 20 competitors even if you NEVER DROVE that map BEFORE. Just the warm-up was enough. I hope I explained myself.
I think I am not the only one who is interested in PURE DRIVING SKILL ONLY, NOT LEARNING THE DIRECTION OF THE MAP.
EnaiSiaion

Post by EnaiSiaion »

I don't build narrow roads because people want to race and compete, not try frantically not to crash.
My God is a vengeful God.
kapsubm

Post by kapsubm »

I hardly cant believe u truely say, that all maps are built to only find the way.
Thats not true, even if the narrow roads are pure waste, u might do narrow roads, and bigger
turns with the transition pieces that can be found in the editor.

u should also try the tm2 unlimiter wich can give u much greater ptential to build good tracks.
Join CSeSports Platform Server

[url=maniaplanet://:maniaplanet://#join=cs.esports@Platform@nadeolive]CS.eSportsPlatform 0-60K With Fox Control[/url]
[url=maniaplanet://:maniaplanet://#join=csesports2@SMStorm]CS.eSports SM Royal 0-60 k 40 players With Smart Servercontroller[/url]
[url=maniaplanet://:maniaplanet://#join=cs.esports1@TMCanyon]CS.eSports Stunts in Canyon with Smart Servercontroller[/url]
alan_ch

Post by alan_ch »

EnaiSiaion wrote:I don't build narrow roads because people want to race and compete, not try frantically not to crash.
That's exactly what I am trying to say. If the car was not so shaky and the rally road not so bumpy, then it would be more fun to compete on the narrow roads.
EnaiSiaion

Post by EnaiSiaion »

Actually the bumpy roads are the only fun ones: the ground roadmain and the cliffside roads (which are a lot easier than people think they are). The annoying ones are the flat roads with crash barriers because you have about 0 margin for error.

Tracks made entirely out of GP and platform blocks are much more competitive - a well made GP laps track is easy to finish but highly competitive. Check out my NASCAR series at Mania Exchange. ;)
My God is a vengeful God.

Return to “Trackmania 2”