TrackMania2: Centralised News about the Game

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Demented

Re: TrackMania2: Centralised News about the Game

Post by Demented » 13 May 2011, 17:02

I keep seeing people say that Stunt is nothing but luck. I disagree. Just like in racing, getting good scores in stunt mode takes some skill. Knowing where to hit things, when to hit the brakes, turning the wheel at the right time, controlling landings and chaining stunts takes some practice to master. Of course a good stunt track or area and the environment makes a difference too.
There are people who like each of the different play modes and I think it's nice to have the ability to choose how we want to play. That's the beauty of TM. I say keep all the play modes and even add some new ones.

wiidesire-2

Post by wiidesire-2 » 13 May 2011, 17:19

Demented wrote:I keep seeing people say that Stunt is nothing but luck. I disagree. Just like in racing, getting good scores in stunt mode takes some skill. Knowing where to hit things, when to hit the brakes, turning the wheel at the right time, controlling landings and chaining stunts takes some practice to master. Of course a good stunt track or area and the environment makes a difference too.
There are people who like each of the different play modes and I think it's nice to have the ability to choose how we want to play. That's the beauty of TM. I say keep all the play modes and even add some new ones.

I totally agree to you , BUT stunt is luck... if you know all tricks and so on , where to hide... then you still have to be lucky to get the record. Just download the first ones, of course they know where to make good points and where to drive, but its still luck, when you make a 35975x Chaine Master 360 :mrgreen:
Picture/Video/Article Collection Topics:
TM2 Canyon | TM2 Valley| TM2 Stadium| SM Storm
My Computer: http://www.sysprofile.de/id172680
2010 I was 7th of the world in TMUF :)

Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack » 14 May 2011, 05:33

My problem is I don't even know how to -do- a lot of the tricks out there. I start running into stuff, get my car flipping like mad, and then I get "chained wreck" or something...not the actual trick. Is there like a stunts tutorial or something out there I can poke through or watch to get some help? Sorry for offtopic...
WIP

wiidesire-2

Post by wiidesire-2 » 14 May 2011, 09:36

Trackmaniack wrote:My problem is I don't even know how to -do- a lot of the tricks out there. I start running into stuff, get my car flipping like mad, and then I get "chained wreck" or something...not the actual trick. Is there like a stunts tutorial or something out there I can poke through or watch to get some help? Sorry for offtopic...
download the first scores and then you will see how to do it ;)

smwforever45

Post by smwforever45 » 14 May 2011, 18:05

wiidesire-2 wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:My problem is I don't even know how to -do- a lot of the tricks out there. I start running into stuff, get my car flipping like mad, and then I get "chained wreck" or something...not the actual trick. Is there like a stunts tutorial or something out there I can poke through or watch to get some help? Sorry for offtopic...
download the first scores and then you will see how to do it ;)
Yep, downloading some of the worldwide records will help you much with finding the right strategy.
And another tip: Don't do the same stunts more than twice, because with every time you do that stunt you'll get fewer points for it. That happened to me when I was doing Alley Oops (the stunts which give the most points, as I noticed) all the time on StuntD1. I couldn't even reach the gold medal with that, because I just couldn't earn enough points later in the race. As soon as I started doing Aerials, Spins, Flips, Rodeos and other stunts too, and that all the time until the time ends, I did 1.051 points, which is even close to the author medal (1.085 points, as far as I know). ;)

And don't give up if you get a Wreck, it doesn't mean you'll automatically lose. Just stunt on and try to get your score as high as possible. :)
Yoshiiiiiiii~ ;D

ImageImage

Manialink (CURRENTLY N/A) | YouTube | Homepage | Game collection

Ten small mistakes can be worse than one big mistake!

elitechris

Post by elitechris » 14 May 2011, 18:25

Ok guys. For all of YOU, yes, YOU :D I have translated the text from the Polish CD-Action you've saw before:

Actually we don't know nothing new, but what we can know from it, is that there will be only Racing Mode and that the screen can be divided.
Last edited by elitechris on 14 May 2011, 18:59, edited 3 times in total.

ManiaPlanet Forever!

haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry » 14 May 2011, 18:41

Thanks for the translation, even if there are no news... :D
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!

wiidesire-2

Post by wiidesire-2 » 14 May 2011, 19:15

Cd-Action summary by me ( translation by elitechris) is now available on my collection thread

|
|
|
˅

Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack » 15 May 2011, 04:24

elitechris wrote:Ok guys. For all of YOU, yes, YOU :D I have translated the text from the Polish CD-Action you've saw before:

Actually we don't know nothing new, but what we can know from it, is that there will be only Racing Mode and that the screen can be divided.
Splitscreen race mode is going to be a -big- boon in TM's popularity. You -know- I'm going to be promoting it around town. :D In the days where racing games are going the routes of DRM, no LAN play or splitscreen, and lack of replay features, TM is a game that still has all of it--for a fraction of the price. And companies wonder why the PC is dying as a platform--because they're killing it. :-? Anyway, I'm definitely psyched for TM2 and SM and QM--Nadeo's going to singlehandedly bring back the PC as a gaming powerhouse. :D
WIP

master94ga
Translator
Translator

Post by master94ga » 15 May 2011, 18:59

How big will the tracks?
About 100kb?

Return to “Trackmania 2”