Basic help (technical and account/key)

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: Basic help (technical and account/key)

Post by TMarc »

Where did you purchase the key, and for which game?
Try restarting your PC.
Was it working fine before? What changed in between? Was there some Windows update for example?
Runite

Post by Runite »

Restarted pc and all fine except one thing.

I launched united and couldn't find servers when I clicked the all button. Launched the TM2 titles, launched TM1 again and it shows the servers perfectly.

I'm going to try restarting my pc again and see whether it does the same thing.

Runite.
Runite

Post by Runite »

Nvm, all is good.

Runite.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

okay :thumbsup:
btw. TM1 (TMUF) uses the same default ports for server communication.
This means that you cannot use both games directly after each other, you need to wait some time (default TCP/IP timeout is something like 2 minutes, better wait some more time).
This might probably have caused your issues ;)
The_Big_Boo

Post by The_Big_Boo »

TMarc wrote:btw. TM1 (TMUF) uses the same default ports for server communication.
This means that you cannot use both games directly after each other, you need to wait some time (default TCP/IP timeout is something like 2 minutes, better wait some more time).
:?: :!:
Default ports are on the server side, not the client side and the TCP/IP timeout is only relevant when a remote doesn't respond but won't prevent you to try the same port on a different remote.
You're basically saying you can't use 2 web browsers at the same time because they both use port 80. You can obviously use both games at the same time, without any trouble.
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair @ 1600MHz
CPU: Intel i5 760 @ 3.6GHz
Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E
GPU: NVidia GTX 760 2GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB
Sound: VIA VT1828S (onboard)
Peripherals: Razer DeathAdder - Razer DeathStalker - Logitech F310
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Yeah, regarding server ports, you're right, thanks for pointing this out.
However, with each failing, aborted or stopped connection, you can see it shutting down gradually with netstat on the local client.

The game client also acts as server regarding P2P, right?
Of course the ports and the adresses vary here, so the chance of a block is much less there, and this does not explain why the connection and the server list did not work. It would perhaps explain other issues, like missing skins of friends.

Then it was perhaps a temporary issue somewhere else, in the router or on the ISP side.
if someone has a better explanation, please share :)
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

TMarc wrote:The game client also acts as server regarding P2P, right?
Yes, hole punching TCP which is often used to make p2p work without any port redirection. Once the connection created however you can't have another connection on the same port.

For MP case this is only a problem for P2P I quite often have 2 instances of MP running and connected to the same server, so server side same port.

For browsing on the web for example, we make a request to the servers port 80, but the port we use to identify our-self isn't port 80, we will use a unique socket. An unique socket means an unique destination port/ip and local port combination. So we won't receive the response in the port 80 but in a random port that is not used for that particular destination. Therfore we can have multiple process listening at the same time. in reality our port 80 is never used for this.

All this to say I don't see any explanation, XD
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

hehe, thanks anyways :thumbsup:
Runite

Post by Runite »

Hi,

Its doing it again, it says something along the lines of "key registration failed, key already registered" or something in trackmania 2 canyon. Restarted it and still does it. Lets me get into game but no servers are availiable.

Runite.
meoronos

Post by meoronos »

i have actually the same problem as Runite. i bought the game in 2013 and installed it again last week, i logged in and the game told me that my Key is already activated, so i could only play the demo with my old account. i wrote to the Ubisoft support but they dont answer. :/ can you guys help me?

Return to “Trackmania 2”